“Lovely Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 50 Hotels in Alexandria
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Lovely Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Wonderful staff. Front desk manager Elena turned our miserable day into a great one. We got a lovely room with the river view and she recommended us a fantastic restaurant couple blocks from the hotel. We enjoyed the dinner as much as we enjoyed our stay. Next day they shuttled us to old town. Shuttle driver Ameer was very helpful. Very attentive staff and clean rooms.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
sheratonsuitesva, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
Thanks so very much for your comments about your visit. I am glad Elena and Amir took good care of you and that you enjoyed your stay. We would love to see you again and hope you have a great summer!

Steve W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Olds, Alberta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012 via mobile

The staff at the desk are very friendly and helpful. We booked using Hotwire and thought we were getting free Internet..nope $10.95 a night. We also thought there was parking...yep for $20.00 a day. If you need to print anything it costs you a gross amount. The room sizes are very very small. Barely enough room to change your mind. The fridge isn't cold but they say if you need something cold let them know but I am sure there is a fee. The shuttles are free but since they gouge you with everything else you don't want to tip the driver because you have already spent a fortune. The one driver is also a scarey driver. They don't replenish soap or shampoo even if they can plainly see it is used up since we have been here 4 days for 4 people. I have stayed in way better hotels and would look elsewhere before staying here. Oh yeah, it says that there is laundry available...yep 1 washer and 1 dryer for 10 floors of rooms. Good luck getting any laundry done

• Stayed July 2012
sheratonsuitesva, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Thanks so much for your feedback as we always appreciate guest comments both good and bad. I am sorry you were not comfortable with our fees as we typically do have nominal fees for parking which is secure and underground as well as for our internet. Our fees for all additional services are very competitive and as you know Hotwire provides a very good value as well for last minute trips. We believe the Sheraton Suites provides some of the best value in Old Town and while you were not happy with the size of our suites the pictures shown on our web site are very accurate. Of course all of our rooms should be stocked with amenities and replenished each day and I am sorry we missed this. We are always happy to make corrections and would gladly replace anything had you let us know. The refrigerator is a "green cooler" which is energy efficient and keeps items cold and full refrigerators are also available. The hotel does provide valet laundry service but for those wishing to wash their own clothes we do have a free to guest laundry room.

Again, I am sorry we did not meet your expectations and hope that you will try us in the future so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort!

Lisle, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

I stayed at the Sheraton Suites in April. It was our senior class trip for my Nursing program. I didn't have a say in where we stayed everything was just booked for us and we had to just show up! Well I was so impressed with our stay. The staff was fun and friendly..grown adults who had to sign in at the desk when we came back was always good for a laugh. Whenever we asked for extra coffee in our room housekeeping obliged we had four of us per room. The room was great the beds were AMAZINGLY comfortable this includes the pillows and sheets. This may sound weird but even the shower was great. There was nothing like a long day of checking out the sites of DC and hopping into that shower it was so relaxing! Even though we weren't in DC the sites were only a short train ride away and the Metro is an amazing system Chicago could learn a thing or two! We also had breakfast every morning and it was a very nice continental breakfast the only gripe I had was there was never enough coffee for all of us...there was 43 of us having breakfast at the same time! Whenever we tried to get some at the coffee counter we were scolded and told that we have coffee in our own room. So other than having to sneak an extra cup of coffee in the AM I have to say this was a great place to stay and when I go back to DC I will be staying here again..but I will bring my own coffee.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
sheratonsuitesva, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Thank you very much for your kind review. I am glad you found our suites and location to your liking and that you had an enjoyable visit. I am sorry that our restaurant staff was over officious with regard to the coffee service. You can be sure this is not the way we treat our customers and we will be sure and correct this. We want all of our guests to have the best stay possible and simple things like coffee in the morning should be easily handled. Thanks again for your comments and we look forward to having you back very soon.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012 via mobile

I had stayed here on business numerous times. It is starting to look a bit worn. Also they are very stingy with the soap, and shampoo in the rooms. One bar of soap that they expect you to move between the sink to the shower, one shampoo and if you wanted more than one in room coffee it costs $3.50. After we checked out I received an email with the final bill attached. I suppose they did not expect me to notice $3.50 for bottled water that we did not use. Will stay elsewhere in the future.

• Stayed July 2012
sheratonsuitesva, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Thanks so much for your feedback and I am so sorry we let you down. I am disappointed that you did not notice the many upgrades that we have made to maintain the property like new carpet in the corridors and guest rooms in 2012, new bedding, new sofas and chairs, the entire lobby was redone in 2009 along with our restaurant, lounge, exterior landscaping, meeting rooms and fitness room. Our standards do require the room to be fully stocked and if you ever notice anything missing our staff will gladly replenish it immediately. The same goes for the water and your bill which we will gladly adjust if you let us know. Again, thanks for making us aware of your concerns and we hope you will visit us again so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

Best Regards,

Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

This hotel is pretty standard for the Sheraton Suites Hotels.

Although they have signs up in the hotel stating that they want to “earn a 10” in satisfaction from their guests, they have a ways to go. My stay was satisfactory, but there are many excellent Starwood properties in the greater DC area. Here is my assessment of the positives and areas for improvement:

Positive
• Front Desk Staff – Very good service. They seemed genuinely interested in assisting me at check-in. First impressions are important.
• The Airport Shuttle – The hotel is close to Washington National Airport. The free shuttle is an attractive reason to stay at this property.
• Rooms – Looks like they were re-decorated in the last 5 or 6 years. It is starting to look dated.
• Microwaves and refrigerators in the rooms.

Areas for Improvement
• Beds – The mattresses are not up to the normal Sheraton standards. Time to replace those.
• Towels – These are the type of small … thin towels you expect to find in discount hotels.
• Club Room – The food in the club room was minimal and not very appealing. I noticed that room was not staffed so there was no one to ask where the hidden flatware was being stashed.

Would I stay at this hotel again? Yes, but I have now calibrated my expectations for my stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
sheratonsuitesva, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Thanks so much for your comments as we always appreciate good feedback and we always are striving for improvement. I want to apologize that we did not meet the standards you are accustomed to. While the Sheraton Suite Sleeper bed is the most comfortable bed on the market not everyone prefers them and we appreciated your feedback. The towels are of the 300 threadcount variety but we will make sure the quality is maintained and any over washed towels are discarded. As for our club, we have set hours for service and you may have missed the evening hours when everything is stocked. We will adjust our signage. Again, thanks so much for your comments and we hope to have you visit again so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort!

Merritt Island, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

Extended our 4th of July vacation for one day and stayed here, wish we had stayed longer. The gentleman who picked us up at the airport was very helpful and informative. After we checked in the same gentleman drove us to Old Town. It was extremely hot out and he brought us each a cold bottle of water, gave us his card and said to call whenever we wanted to be picked up. Totally unexpected and much appreciated. Next time we come to the area, we're staying here the entire time.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Thanks so much for your comments and glad to be of service. The best part about being on the Sheraton Team is the great people that truly care about our guests. I am glad you had a nice visit and hope to see you back!

Sagamihara, Japan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Stayed in this hotel off and on between January and April 2012 and some other times before. Great location just south of DCA and convenient access to GW Parkway, Route 1 and the beltway. Rooms are clean and spacious. Getting a bit dated looking, but the sweet sleeper bed is still amazing. The Internet speeds aren't anything to call home about - incredibly slow, but maybe not as slow as the Westin down the road. Street parking is readily available in the evenings for free for those who'd rather not pay for hotel parking. Breakfast in the lounge is sparse but typical in the US (I've been spoiled living and traveling in Asia). It's nice to be able to access the lounge for a snack or a drink in the evening time. The green choice program here is nice as well--a quick way to accumulate some points if you don't want room service for the day. What looks like a refrigerator in the rooms is actually just a glorified cooler. Had an actual fridge brought up to me one time but the knob to control the cool was missing...didn't think anything of it and put my drinks in - had some amazing exploded/near exploded cans in there the next day! Anyway housekeeping found the knob and brought it up. Housekeeping staff is great. Breakfast downstairs in the restaurant is good as well. Being a pet friendly hotel, there was a distinct dog smell in the elevator at times...or it could've been someone's body odor... BGR is a burger joint about 10 minutes down the road from the hotel. Trader Joes is nearby as well. If it's your first time here see if you can get a room that faces the Masonic temple - the sunrise is beautiful with that temple in the scene!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Thanks so much for your comments and for staying with us for your trips to Alexandria. Since your last visit we have replaced all the carpet in the guest rooms and for the most part the hotel is in excellent updated shape. I am sorry about the refrigerator but I am glad they got it fixed during your stay. Spacious suites, central location, and great service is what our guests expect. I am glad you had a great experience and look forward to having you back again.

Steve W.

Been to Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria? Share your experiences!