“Very comfortable and covenient” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #27 of 49 hotels in Alexandria
San Francisco
“Very comfortable and covenient”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

Regularly stay here when in Alexandria. The suite room lay-out is terrific or the business traveler. Very accommodating staff are a plus. Now with an Enterprise car rental desk in the lobby, it is most convenient.

Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
sheratonsuitesva, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria, responded to this review, January 10, 2012
Thanks so much for your comments. I am glad you like our new Rental Car service. We love having them here to help our guests even more and save the hassle of renting at the airport. Please come see us again soon!!!

Best Regards,

353 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012 via mobile

I am always guilty of being late in writing the reviews......so sorry. What can I say...another hit for SPG!! I was greeted with a smile...received an upgrade and the room rocked. It was clean, well maintained and the staff was awesome! This is a must try for travelers to the Alexandria Virginia area. You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed October 2011
Thanks so much for your comments. Please do come again!!!

Valrico, Florida, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

We have stayed at other Sheratons with much better rooms and services. These are the TINIEST rooms I have ever had the unfortunate experience to try and squeeze a family of five into. The hotel doesn't offer the complimentary breakfast to SPG members as stated on their website. The pool is only open daily 4-10pm which was a disappointment to our three sons who wanted to visit the pool at 3pm. The website gave no indication of pool hours either; I've never stayed in a hotel with such odd pool hours. This hotel is definitely geared more for the hit and run type business traveler and not a family interested in touring Old Town Alexandria.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
sheratonsuitesva, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria, responded to this review, January 2, 2012
Thanks so much for your feedback, however I must admit that I disagree with your comments. Our suites are much larger than your average room because they are suites, however they are not designed to hold more than 4 adults and in your case you may have needed to have an additional suite. The brand website and our personalized web site clearly state the hours for the pool and also provides information about your SPG benefits which does not include free services until you reach Platinum Status. With regards to our rooms you will notice on our web site the photos and these are not altered in anyway to make the suites look any larger than they really are. In fact all of our rooms are suites so we do not have smaller rooms.
Regardless of our differences I am very sorry of your disappointment. We want all of our guests to be satisfied and I am sorry we let you down.
Perhaps in the future you will give us another chance and I hope that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

Warmest Regards,

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2011

I have stayed at the SSOT Alexandria on several occasions and the last stay will probably be my last. The service at the front desk was confrontational, avoided dealing with a couple of issues, and seemed to try to make me find a solution to the issues that arose during my last stay. I had to spend so much time fixing my own issues that it soured the whole experience. I contacted the managers and they were equally as confrontational. Sure, you receive a note saying. "I am disappointed that our service isn't up to your expectations.... " I don't care if you are disappointed or not, please simply resolve the issue. I had to point out their own policies to them to receive even a partial apology but the issue was ultimately never resolved, even when I sent in a complaint letter to Sheraton. It was just ignored. So, on the up side, the location is pretty good, the rooms are of decent size, but the service and attitude of management there really is not customer-service oriented; it is more oriented towards damage control/avoidance and putting out the minimum effort to solve customer issues.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Thanks so much for your comments as I always appreciate feedback both good and bad. Unfortunately, I was on vacation and not aware of your concerns. Our staff is trained to make our guests happy and I am sorry we let you down. You did not mention your issues in your review and I did not receive your letter but I would welcome the opportunity to see what I can do to make things right should it be necessary. Please do reach out to me.

Happy New Year.

Steve W
Baltimore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2011

Stayed for just one night to attend an out of town work party. When I checked in, they did not have my reservation but was able to accommodate us quickly and they were able to put my friend and I in neighboring rooms. Fortunately for us the hotel was not booked, but I think the lack of reservation was my fault as I don't recall receiving an email confirmation and likely I did not get to the last page of my online reservation. The rooms were very spacious, smelled delicious and very clean and comfortable. As this is a suite hotel, we had 2 TVs and separate living and bedroom area.

What most impressed me was the prompt assistance provided by Maria in housekeeping when I called the next day to inquire if my husband's sunglasses were left behind. She called me promptly to let me know they had been found and helped me contact FEDEX for shipping. I received them in under 24 hours! Being a Starwood member I often stay in Sheratons or Westin's and have never had a bad trip. The only negative is that the front desk referred us to neighbor bar TJ Stone's and told us a card would provide something free. This did not work, and although the food was ok, the service was terribly slow for an empty restaurant and the food arrived cold. But the next day we ate at another restaurant for breakfast and the buffet was incredibly good!! I think the name was Royal Restaurant. They were packed and it was obvious that others enjoyed the food as well. So I've learned to pass on restaurants where there are few patrons.

Wish it was warmer so that we could walk and shop more. May plan to return to the area in the springtime. Would love to enjoy the waterfront more.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2011 via mobile

rooms were much smaller than pictured and the shuttle service is extremely slow!

• Stayed December 2011
Defiance, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011

A classic Sheraton Suites, good loaiotn in north Alexandria, reasonable seleciton of restaurants surrounding area. You will need a car or cab as the Metro is a far distance. Suite very comfortable design and amenities, Lounge leaves a lot to be desired, very small space, not much variety served.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
sheratonsuitesva, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria, responded to this review, December 19, 2011
Thank you very much for your comments about your recent visit. I am glad you had a good stay. Our Club Lounge is complimentary for members only and if you ever need additional items we are happy to provide them or you can go to our full service restaurant the Fin and Hoof Bar and Grill. Our shuttle does run to the airport where you can always pick up the subway, otherwise the Braddock Station is only a short 8 minutes walk and King Street only 10-15 minutes where the shops and dining is located. Some still prefer a cab and they are readily available and we gladly can call one. Thanks again for your feedback and please do visit us again soon!

Happy Holidays,

Steve W.

Been to Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria? Share your experiences!