“Excellent location, good value for price” 5 of 5 stars

Red Roof PLUS+ Washington, D.C. - Alexandria
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5975 Richmond Highway, Alexandria, VA 22303   |
Ranked #24 of 50 Hotels in Alexandria
New York
“Excellent location, good value for price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I usually don't review hotels because i stay at them very frequently for business and pleasure. This one is just perfect for my needs, though. Great coffee in the lobby! . Front desk agent Sarah had all the info I needed for navigating DC and Alexandria. I usually leave my dog at home, but it turns out they're pet friendly, too.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back of the hotel were quieter - it faces the highway.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Princeton, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Recently I had a business function at the nearby National Harbor. The Red Roof Inn in Alexandria, which is just minutes away from the harbor is a great location. The office staff is very helpful and friendly. The room I stayed in was very nice and very clean! The value you get here compared to other places is awesome. I have stayed at this location in the past and I am quickly reminded of why I love to stay here. I don't need all the frills when it comes to lodging and this Red Roof Inn provides me with just what I need, that's a clean comfortable room and fantastic customer service for a reasonable price. This will always be my first choice when coming to the Alexandria area and I would highly recommend it to anyone who needs to stay in this area. Thank you again to the management and staff for a lovely stay.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel with our two cats. Our room was very nice, came with complimentary snacks and most importantly it was very clean. It is conveniently located close to Old Town, DC, and the National Harbor. There is so much to do around there in terms of shopping and sightseeing. The staff was very helpful and friendly especially Ms. Shirley. We Had a peaceful nights rest, free wifi and a big TV with a variety of channels. I would highly recommend this pet friendly hotel to anyone visiting the DC area. We will definitely stay again!!!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Spring Lake, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

A wonderful greating upon our arrival from Ms. Mills, who promptly checked us into a clean and fresh room. It is definitely s bonus for us that they are pet-friendly at no additional charge, this was just an overnight stay on our way home from Florida. Rooms are very comfortable, the standard room is small though. If I was staying more than one night I would probably upgrade. Definitely good value for the price, and would stay here again without hesitation. Ms. Mills also helped us find a nearby place for dinner.

Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Shirley J, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington, D.C. - Alexandria, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Moira H.

It really does make my day when a guest notices the awesome service provided by one of my team members. Thank you for letting me know that Miss. Mills made you feel at home. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are In the area.

Thanks Much.
Shirley Jordan General manager
Warfordsburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2014

I stay at the red roof in Alexandria Va its friendly staff front desk DEBIE and manager SHIRLEY
are professional and helpful during stay the hotel location is excellent for finding places to dine
and close to metro highly recommended .

mike k.

Room Tip: rooms in back are quietier
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Shirley J, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington, D.C. - Alexandria, responded to this review, November 8, 2014
Daer mike k, Thank you so much for letting us know that we are right on point when offering good customer service-being close to the Metro and good places to eat is also a bonus. Please don't hesitate to inform your friends and family about us-)

Shirley Jordan General Manager (and Team)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2014

I stayed for a week and a half at this red roof. I really like the location of the hotel, the metro is close and there are various forms of transport like bus that runs every half hour in front of the hotel. Overall my stay was comfortable, a pair of blocks is a Walmart, Target and many other restaurants. The best of my stay was the charisma of Miss Mills, she always welcomed me with a smile and helped me with everything I need. When I went to ask to be moved to a different room because the room that I had did not have a good internet signal, Mis. Mills was very friendly and change my room without any problem.

Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Dear cindy g, My team being complimented, never gets old for me. Thank you so much for your comments- Miss Mills has read them and is very happy that she was instrumental in providing you with awesome service.

Shirley Jordan General Manager ( and TEAM)
Fort Washington, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2014

I stay at this location a few times a month for business related stays. The rooms are decent and clean. What give this location 5 stars is the customer service. I have been waited on by two of the nicest most professional service. They were Sarah and Ms. Mills. Ms. Mills saved me a few bucks because she informed me that I should receive a discount because I work for the government. Both she and Sarah are very accommodating and helpful. I always return to this location because of their service.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Shirley J, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington, D.C. - Alexandria, responded to this review, October 28, 2014
Dear Elyse L.

Miss Mills and Sarah are great team members, thank you for letting them know. They know how much I appreciate what they do, but having it come from a very satisfied customer, definitely has a much greater impact.

Shirley Jordan General Manager

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ Washington, D.C. - Alexandria? Share your experiences!