“Superb service” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 49 hotels in Alexandria
Fairfax, Virginia, United States
“Superb service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I stayed at the Red Roof Inn in Alexandria on a trip to DC. I reserved the room through Priceline and got a fantastic rate. The room was clean and well-kept, but the AC was broken. Luckily the hotel attendant, who was extremely friendly and helpful (Ms. Mill), quickly got me new, upgraded room. I'd highly recommend this hotel to DC or Old Town Alexandria travelers on a budget.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
rri169, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington, D.C. - Alexandria, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear Guest, Ms. Mills is always on point! Her objective is to exceed the expectations of all of our guests. I am very happy to hear that she , again, was able to do that. Thank you for your comments. I will be certain to pass this along to her.

Shirley Jordan, General Manager

200 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

Ms. Mills (property name RRI169) was very nice and friendly, made us feel like home. We would like to thank her for her hospitality.

We also liked that the place is smoking friendly and it is located really close to the beautiful city of Old Town Alexandria.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Guest, thank you so much for your comments. Ms. Mills is truly a team player. We really do appreciate her hard work and dedication. I will be sure to pass your compliment on to both her and Marina. We look forward to seeing you again.

Shirley Jordan, General Mnanger
Huntingdon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Great hotel! Clean rooms, super comfy beds, and the staff were excellent! Accepted our cat into the room with no pet fee. Quiet outside despite the traffic. Everything worked great, wifi had great service. Overall I'd definitely go there again. We were in room 105 and checked in around 8 and out at 11 with no problems at all! Love the floors without carpet, and the beds were some of the most comfortable hotel beds we've ever had!

• Stayed August 2013
rri169, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington, D.C. - Alexandria, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear Guest, We are glad that you found us. Thank you for the positive comments on our newly renovated rooms, we are very proud of the results. Offering good service and being pet friendly is what sets us apart from some of our competitors. So glad we were able to accommodate all of your family members.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

My circumstances found me on I 95 from Miami Bch to Margate City NJ...after an exhausted 14 hr run to attend a funeral,and trying to find a pet friendly hotel that was not a flea infested dump I found this facility. I arrived to be greeted by two lovely women (debi) and her manager who first served a welcoming delicious cup of fresh coffee and then a clean modern fresh room!!! I have traveled the world and not received this attention in 5 and 6 star Hotel chains... I was truly appreciative to have this happen and will pass on this review to any traveler!!!
Ladies if ever in South Beach dinner is on me and "SUGAR"
Brava!!!!

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Guest, often we forget the simple things that can a persons day. It was a pleasure meeting you and sugar( your dog). Please come back to visit us real soon. You actually made our day!

Alexandria, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

I stayed at the RRI in Alexandria recently and Ms Mills was very friendly and helpful. The hotel was very clean and the price was very reasonable. I will definately be staying in this hotel again. Ms Mills was very helpful in suggesting places to eat and shop. You dont find to many friendly staff now days.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
rri169, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington, D.C. - Alexandria, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Your comments are much appreciated...Ms.Mills is an asset to the team, thank you for letting us know. I will be sure to pass this information on to her. (We really look forward to seeing you very soon!)

Shirley Jordan G.M
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

I usually stay at more mid-scale hotels and have always thought of Red Roof Inns being cheap and dirty. My wife and I were tired and stopped at the Red Roof Inn in Alexandria Va., and to my most pleasant surprise I found that my previous views of Red Roof were totally unfounded. The rooms were spacious and very clean, not to mention very affordable.The hotel appears recently remodeled and definitely on par if not better than some of the supposed better hotels I have stayed. From the moment of check in until the day I checked out, I found all of the staff to be very friendly and helpful, and the location to metro and downtown DC extremely convenient. I will definitely stay at this property again when traveling in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for the large king room
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to impress!!!!! Sounds as if you have found a new "HOTEL OF CHOSE". We are very proud of our newly renovated rooms, glad you noticed.It is always a pleasure to hear that my team help in making your stay a pleasant one.

Shirley Jordan G.M
Princeton, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

I stayed at this property recently while passing through town. I had a long drive and was ready for a good nights rest. Front desk staff was wonderful. You don't find good customer service too much these days unfortunately. They were helpful in suggesting places for dinner and breakfast and also with directions. I was happy to have a nice clean room and I found it to be a great deal for the quality. I would definitely recommend this motel to anyone. Good location off the highway, friendly staff, clean comfortable rooms and an affordable price, what more could you ask for?

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest, Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to serve you. Knowing my team provided you with Great Customer Service, makes me proud! I have passed your comments on to them, please know, they really do appreciate them.

Shirley Jordan General Manager

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ Washington, D.C. - Alexandria? Share your experiences!