“Just Plain Dirty!” 2 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5975 Richmond Highway, Alexandria, VA 22303   |
Ranked #27 of 50 Hotels in Alexandria
“Just Plain Dirty!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

The only thing positive was the location to get on and off the loop around DC. It was not in the best neighborhoods. People out on the walkway drinking excessively and being loud. The bedspread was sticky. The Elevator was broke , the ice machines broke.
I would not be surprised if they don't have hourly rates.
Keep going down the road.

• Stayed July 2013
rri169, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington, D.C. - Alexandria, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Sorry to hear that your stay did not meet your expectaions! Our goal is to make it right! Knowledge would have given us the power to correct all of your concerns...I hope you give us another opportunity to prove that we are committed to providing awesome customer service and a clean quiet room.

Shirley Jordan G.M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Harrisonburg, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I had reservations for the entire week and the first 3 nights, things were ok.. The front desk staff is great and as accommodating as possible. Woke the 4th morning and flipped on the light, and a huge roach was crawling across the microwave. There is also someone living there with a big black dog that barked everytime I opened or closed my door. However, if it wasnt for the bug issue, I would have given the room and overall experience average ratings.

• Stayed July 2013
Glad to hear that my team was great! Very sorry to hear that you had to deal with a barking dog and bugs. We take pest control very seriously, and get the property treated monthly. We would have placed that room out of service(if we had been notified)..We are pet friendly, -but will take any action necessary to ensure our other guests are not disturbed !!! please accept my apology for your inconvenience during your stay...

richmond
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

The rooms were clean , the clerk was very friendly. I was there on a business trip and it was good. I was there for 5 days , the restaurants were ok. The rooms are nice and very comfortably, spacious also. Ms.Mills and Sudin were great.RRI 169

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for the comments... I will be sure to pass them on to my team. Hope to see you soon!

Shirley JordanG.M
Southern Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Booked through Priceline...(you get what you pay for). I actually booked for two days, but wasn't comfortable there....ended up at another hotel IMMEDIATELY upon inspecting the room. Room was smelly, reeked of smoke (just like the check-in lobby). Mold in bathroom/bathtub/shower curtain. Wood floor was unswept. Hole under the front door of the room (perhaps dirt from floor was blown in) Sheets on the bed had mildew on them. Elevator wasn't operational (although not affected b/c I was on lower level). Front desk lady was very friendly. I was disgusted.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
rri169, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington, D.C. - Alexandria, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
I really do appreciate you taking the time to make us aware of your concerns. This is really important to all of my team members. Please know that we are in the process of retraining our clean team, in order to prevent this from happening in the future.Again, thank you!

Minden, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

The rooms were clean. Sarah was fantastic at checkout. The person who checked us in was also very friendly and helpful.
We arrived early morning but were able to check in to our room.
The metro is a one mile walk.
Restaurants are limited if you are without a vehicle as we were.
I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Taking a survey , takes time- we thank you for your positive feedback and will continue to provide the best service possible.

Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

My room was quite lovely and everything worked perfectly. As a fem, traveling solo, I had no safety concerns whatsoever The staff members were all helpful, friendly and quick to respond to the ice maker that decided it was a slots machine...spitting out ice everywhere LOLOL. Keep up the great work guys!!! And to the young lady who took care of me at check out: If more establishments had people like you working for them, they would be extremely lucky...you are a valuable asset, I assure you.

• Stayed June 2013
rri169, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington, D.C. - Alexandria, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
My team and I thank you very much for taking the time to respond to the survey! I will pass your comments on to Sarah, she really is an asset to the team.

Miami
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

it's been a long time since we've stayed in a hotel that did not have carpeting. It was cold on the feet. There was also mildew stains on the sheets. But the room was very attractive. Would i stay there again? probably not, there are alot of other choices in the same price range.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
rri169, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington, D.C. - Alexandria, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Washington DC - Alexandria Red Roof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my sincerest apologies. I will speak with houskeeping directly.

Donovan McDaniel
Red Roof Inn - Washington DC - Alexandria

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ Washington, D.C. - Alexandria? Share your experiences!