“Roaches!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 49 hotels in Alexandria
Harrisonburg, Virginia
“Roaches!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I had reservations for the entire week and the first 3 nights, things were ok.. The front desk staff is great and as accommodating as possible. Woke the 4th morning and flipped on the light, and a huge roach was crawling across the microwave. There is also someone living there with a big black dog that barked everytime I opened or closed my door. However, if it wasnt for the bug issue, I would have given the room and overall experience average ratings.

• Stayed July 2013
rri169, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Glad to hear that my team was great! Very sorry to hear that you had to deal with a barking dog and bugs. We take pest control very seriously, and get the property treated monthly. We would have placed that room out of service(if we had been notified)..We are pet friendly, -but will take any action necessary to ensure our other guests are not disturbed !!! please accept my apology for your inconvenience during your stay...

173 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
richmond
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

The rooms were clean , the clerk was very friendly. I was there on a business trip and it was good. I was there for 5 days , the restaurants were ok. The rooms are nice and very comfortably, spacious also. Ms.Mills and Sudin were great.RRI 169

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for the comments... I will be sure to pass them on to my team. Hope to see you soon!

Shirley JordanG.M
Southern Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Booked through Priceline...(you get what you pay for). I actually booked for two days, but wasn't comfortable there....ended up at another hotel IMMEDIATELY upon inspecting the room. Room was smelly, reeked of smoke (just like the check-in lobby). Mold in bathroom/bathtub/shower curtain. Wood floor was unswept. Hole under the front door of the room (perhaps dirt from floor was blown in) Sheets on the bed had mildew on them. Elevator wasn't operational (although not affected b/c I was on lower level). Front desk lady was very friendly. I was disgusted.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
rri169, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
I really do appreciate you taking the time to make us aware of your concerns. This is really important to all of my team members. Please know that we are in the process of retraining our clean team, in order to prevent this from happening in the future.Again, thank you!

Minden, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

The rooms were clean. Sarah was fantastic at checkout. The person who checked us in was also very friendly and helpful.
We arrived early morning but were able to check in to our room.
The metro is a one mile walk.
Restaurants are limited if you are without a vehicle as we were.
I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Taking a survey , takes time- we thank you for your positive feedback and will continue to provide the best service possible.

Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

My room was quite lovely and everything worked perfectly. As a fem, traveling solo, I had no safety concerns whatsoever The staff members were all helpful, friendly and quick to respond to the ice maker that decided it was a slots machine...spitting out ice everywhere LOLOL. Keep up the great work guys!!! And to the young lady who took care of me at check out: If more establishments had people like you working for them, they would be extremely lucky...you are a valuable asset, I assure you.

• Stayed June 2013
rri169, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
My team and I thank you very much for taking the time to respond to the survey! I will pass your comments on to Sarah, she really is an asset to the team.

Miami
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

it's been a long time since we've stayed in a hotel that did not have carpeting. It was cold on the feet. There was also mildew stains on the sheets. But the room was very attractive. Would i stay there again? probably not, there are alot of other choices in the same price range.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
rri169, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Washington DC - Alexandria Red Roof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my sincerest apologies. I will speak with houskeeping directly.

Donovan McDaniel
Red Roof Inn - Washington DC - Alexandria
dayton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed here over the Memorial Day weekend. Loved the location. It was so easy to get to the Metro from here. When we checked in, our room wasnt ready but Sarah had the housekeeper Marinia start on one right away. Marinia did an excellent job and gave us extra towels and made sure the room was fresh and clean every day. Sarah was very helpful and friendly. Ginny, Saphiarie, and Kyshawn were excellent as well! Way to go Red Roof Inn nice renovation and a great staff. We will stay here again!!!

• Stayed May 2013
rri169, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review! We are very happy that you and your family enjoyed our newly renovated location. Our team was so excited that they got mentioned personally in your review! Thank you again and we can't wait to see you again very soon!

Take care,
Donavon McDaniel

Been to Red Roof Inn - Washington, D.C. - Alexandria? Share your experiences!