“Pleasantly surprised...” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 49 Hotels in Alexandria
Brooklyn, New York
“Pleasantly surprised...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

My room was quite lovely and everything worked perfectly. As a fem, traveling solo, I had no safety concerns whatsoever The staff members were all helpful, friendly and quick to respond to the ice maker that decided it was a slots machine...spitting out ice everywhere LOLOL. Keep up the great work guys!!! And to the young lady who took care of me at check out: If more establishments had people like you working for them, they would be extremely lucky...you are a valuable asset, I assure you.

• Stayed June 2013
rri169, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington, D.C. - Alexandria, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
My team and I thank you very much for taking the time to respond to the survey! I will pass your comments on to Sarah, she really is an asset to the team.

Shirley Jordan G.M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Miami
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

it's been a long time since we've stayed in a hotel that did not have carpeting. It was cold on the feet. There was also mildew stains on the sheets. But the room was very attractive. Would i stay there again? probably not, there are alot of other choices in the same price range.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
rri169, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington, D.C. - Alexandria, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Washington DC - Alexandria Red Roof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my sincerest apologies. I will speak with houskeeping directly.

Donovan McDaniel
Red Roof Inn - Washington DC - Alexandria
dayton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed here over the Memorial Day weekend. Loved the location. It was so easy to get to the Metro from here. When we checked in, our room wasnt ready but Sarah had the housekeeper Marinia start on one right away. Marinia did an excellent job and gave us extra towels and made sure the room was fresh and clean every day. Sarah was very helpful and friendly. Ginny, Saphiarie, and Kyshawn were excellent as well! Way to go Red Roof Inn nice renovation and a great staff. We will stay here again!!!

• Stayed May 2013
rri169, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington, D.C. - Alexandria, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review! We are very happy that you and your family enjoyed our newly renovated location. Our team was so excited that they got mentioned personally in your review! Thank you again and we can't wait to see you again very soon!

Take care,
perth
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

My two sons and I stayed at this property in early March 2013 for 3 nights while visiting Washington DC. The 2 rooms we rented appeared to be clean and had recently been refurbished.

The price was very good value for the area. The Metro stop is a short drive away and we had no trouble parking our car there as there was plenty of bays.

We knew from reading reviews that pets were permitted in the rooms.

The check in was quick and the staff very friendly and efficient. We had to wait to get into the rooms as we were a bit early and the rooms had to be made ready.

Unfortunately when my one of my sons awoke on the first morning he discovered the bed sheets had paw prints on them. Either the sheets had not been changed or their laundry service was not very good.

Either way the housekeeping had not done their job properly. It is impossible to believe that when they made the bed they didn't see these paw prints as they were those of a large dog.

We reported the matter to the front desk and they were very apologetic. They had the sheets changed immediately.

I asked about a refund and they told me that because I had booked and paid through hotels.com I would have to ask hotels.com for a refund. The staff were very nice and polite and the duty manager gave me her name and phone number to give to hotels.com and said she would verify my complaint.

Satisfied with their service we stayed another two nights as planned.

My big mistake was waiting until I returned to Australia to contact hotels.com.

I rang the toll free number and spoke to someone in Australia. They were very polite and said that if it was up to them would get a refund. The problem was that the US and Australian arms of hotels.com are two separate businesses and I would have to contact the US branch.

I emailed the US branch (there is no way to ring them) and eventually got a reply on 30 March 2013 that they were working proactively on the matter and that when they got approval from Red Roof I would get my refund. I have heard nothing from them since.

I have been in contact with Red Roof and on 12 April 2013 I got a nice email from the manager saying it can be very difficult getting a refund through a third party and she asked me to call her.

I emailed her back straight away and said I wouldn't be calling as to do so from Australia would cost a fortune. I gave her the contact details and my reference number for hotels.com and asked if she could have a go at getting hotels.com to hurry up.

To date 22 May 2013 I have received no refund or further contact from either party. I believe the real problem lies with hotels.com. , far from being "proactive" they don't seem to care!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
rri169, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington, D.C. - Alexandria, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at your newly renovated inn at Alexandria, VA. I am very sorry to hear that you experience a problem during your stay with the linens as well as obtaining a refund from Hotel.com.

Please accept my sincere apologies and rest assured I am addressing your issue with my team. In regards to Hotels.com, please contact me directly via e-mail with an e-mail contact address for Hotels.com and I will see if I can assist you in getting a refund that you were promised.

Thank you again for staying with us!

Brooklyn Heights, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

We booked this room last minute and it was wonderful! The room was recently redone and very close to the friends we were visiting. It was clean and a great value for what we got. I would definitely recommend this hotel for an overnight stay!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
rri169, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington, D.C. - Alexandria, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us! Our brand new rooms and convenient location make us the ideal place to stay when visiting the Washington D.C. area! We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit!

Louisville, Ky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

The clerks at the desk were quick and efficient, the room was clean and well maintained. Overall a good value, and prime location with the Metro just down the street a quick 15 minute walk. The bed was comfortable and the rooms recently updated. The internet connection helped me keep in contact with friends back home. It's no frills but a great value for the DC area.

Room Tip: The road noise on the side facing street can be bothersome, I would request a room at the rear shoul...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay! It is always nice to hear positive feedback and I will be sure to sure your comments on directly with our team. Your comments and feedback continue to assist us in improving our property.

We hope to see you again in the near future!

Manchester Township, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Horrible and seedy. Would never stay here again. Room smelled. Many long term guests living there. I did not feel safe here. Would have left but after driving all day and was travelling with my dog so no other option.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
rri169, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington, D.C. - Alexandria, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Thank you for your feedback...I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. It is always our goal to provide a safe/clean environment for all of our guests.Please, if you do decide to stay with RRI in the future, just notify the desk, I am certain they will be more than happy to make it right.

Shirley Jordan G.M

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ Washington, D.C. - Alexandria? Share your experiences!