“Good Location, Great Renovation” 5 of 5 stars

Red Roof PLUS+ Washington, D.C. - Alexandria
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5975 Richmond Highway, Alexandria, VA 22303   |
Ranked #26 of 49 hotels in Alexandria
Illinois
“Good Location, Great Renovation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

This location appears to have been just recently renovated. The rooms are new and well kept. In addition, the rooms have a fridge and microwave which is an amazing amenity to have for the price. In addition, there is a washer and dryer unit, $1.50 and $2.00 respectively at the end of the building. Didn't use them but that is a rare, and useful amenity.

The location is good as a base for sightseeing in D.C. assuming you have a car. The highway it is on let's you bypass the beltway and major highways into downtown D.C. so the trip into the city is much nicer with less traffic.

While there is no breakfast, there is coffee and hot water for tea in the lobby. The hotel is around several restaurants (within driving distance). We didn't take the Metro so I can't comment on how close it was.

Room Tip: Rooms on the backside will be much quieter as they don't face the highway.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

200 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Quite a pleasant experience for the money. I like that the rooms were remodeled and modern, the location was pretty close to the metro station and to restaurants and shopping. The only down was a cigarette smell in the room out first night, but after we turned the fan on it went away. I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed March 2013
Plant City, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

My daughter and I just returned from our Spring Break trip to DC. We chose this hotel based on reviews and it's proximity to the Metro. Travelling without my husband, we wanted somewhere we would feel safe walking as well. The first morning it was raining, so we took a cab to the Metro...only $6.00 on way, very reasonable. Sarah at the front desk was great and called the cab for us. The second day was nicer weather so we walked in the morning, and the trip only took about 15 minutes.
One drawback to not having a car, there are not any restaurants VERY close. The closest we found was a Five Guys about a half mile up the road.
The room was very clean and well kept. Our room was on the side facing the road, but the traffic was not loud enough to bother us. My daughter said the bed was too comfortable to get out!
All in all, it was a great room at a very reasonable rate. The staff was friendly and very helpful. On our last day, the shuttle was not to pick us up until two hours after checkout. Sarah held our luggage and even let us hang out in the lobby while we waited because it was super cold outside.
While we did not bring our pets this trip, it is great that they are also pet friendly, which we will also keep in mind when traveling with our fur family.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Hummelstown, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed here this past weekend when we went to visit our daughter and son-in-law who just moved to Alexandria, VA from Miami in December. The hotel is directly across the street from their apartment complex so we chose the Red Roof Inn for its location and the price. The hotel's rooms have been recently updated and are very modern. Hardwood (or laminate-not sure) floors instead of carpeting make this hotel pet friendly and perfect for keeping the clean look. I liked that the sink area was separate from the toilet and shower area. The only think I was slightly disappointed in was that the bed and pillows were too hard. It would be a problem for a longer stay, but for overnight, I was ok with it. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Spent three nights at this Red Roof inn and had a wonderful stay. We picked this hotel due to its newly renovated rooms and easy access to the huntington metro station. It was wonderful! Just a 20 minute ride from the smithsonian museums! The rooms were large and comfortable, and the staff was very nice! The rates were really good. We had a front room, so my only complaint would be the noise of the road in front of the hotel. A little sound proofing might be nice, but didn't stop me from getting a few great nights of sleep. I plan to make a note of how great this hotel was for my next trip back to the DC area!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Daytona Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

We choose this Red Roof Inn since we had to drop off for an early morning flight at DCA. Location was great for airport, We have been greatly pleased with the Red Roof Inns we have stayed at recently and this is no exception! Our room was clean, spacious, and very comfortable. We had a King room, so we had a refridgerator and microwave in it and also a very nice desk area. Being winter, the heat worked well! Staff was pleasant and friendly! Being a no-fee pet friendly benefit for us.
Would definitely come back and stay!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
rri169, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington, D.C. - Alexandria, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you for the awesome review... I will pass this on to my team, our goal is to exceed your expectations!!!
Cleveland, Ohio, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Spent an overnight in Alexandria on a 1 night business trip with family tagging along. The hotel was very clean , newly rennovated and very comfortable. No problems at all. Beds were comfy, hotel was quiet, pets were allowed so my well behaved standard poodle was equally happy. Price was good, for 3 people and poodle I paid $89.00. Good restaurants nearby. Overall a good deal. I would recommend it to others and would stay there again. I was not interested in exercise amenities so I didnt notice.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
It's always good to hear that our four legged family member are pleased!!!I I can proudly say that we are one of the few chains allowing pets...very glad you had a great stay.

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ Washington, D.C. - Alexandria? Share your experiences!