“Great hotel for the price!” 4 of 5 stars

Red Roof PLUS+ Washington, D.C. - Alexandria
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5975 Richmond Highway, Alexandria, VA 22303   |
Ranked #24 of 49 hotels in Alexandria
Hummelstown, PA
“Great hotel for the price!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed here this past weekend when we went to visit our daughter and son-in-law who just moved to Alexandria, VA from Miami in December. The hotel is directly across the street from their apartment complex so we chose the Red Roof Inn for its location and the price. The hotel's rooms have been recently updated and are very modern. Hardwood (or laminate-not sure) floors instead of carpeting make this hotel pet friendly and perfect for keeping the clean look. I liked that the sink area was separate from the toilet and shower area. The only think I was slightly disappointed in was that the bed and pillows were too hard. It would be a problem for a longer stay, but for overnight, I was ok with it. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

195 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Spent three nights at this Red Roof inn and had a wonderful stay. We picked this hotel due to its newly renovated rooms and easy access to the huntington metro station. It was wonderful! Just a 20 minute ride from the smithsonian museums! The rooms were large and comfortable, and the staff was very nice! The rates were really good. We had a front room, so my only complaint would be the noise of the road in front of the hotel. A little sound proofing might be nice, but didn't stop me from getting a few great nights of sleep. I plan to make a note of how great this hotel was for my next trip back to the DC area!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Daytona Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

We choose this Red Roof Inn since we had to drop off for an early morning flight at DCA. Location was great for airport, We have been greatly pleased with the Red Roof Inns we have stayed at recently and this is no exception! Our room was clean, spacious, and very comfortable. We had a King room, so we had a refridgerator and microwave in it and also a very nice desk area. Being winter, the heat worked well! Staff was pleasant and friendly! Being a no-fee pet friendly benefit for us.
Would definitely come back and stay!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
rri169, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington, D.C. - Alexandria, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you for the awesome review... I will pass this on to my team, our goal is to exceed your expectations!!!
Cleveland, Ohio, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Spent an overnight in Alexandria on a 1 night business trip with family tagging along. The hotel was very clean , newly rennovated and very comfortable. No problems at all. Beds were comfy, hotel was quiet, pets were allowed so my well behaved standard poodle was equally happy. Price was good, for 3 people and poodle I paid $89.00. Good restaurants nearby. Overall a good deal. I would recommend it to others and would stay there again. I was not interested in exercise amenities so I didnt notice.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
It's always good to hear that our four legged family member are pleased!!!I I can proudly say that we are one of the few chains allowing pets...very glad you had a great stay.
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Clean rooms and what is more important an incredible staff to welcome you.
Debie, jessica and the morning employees, are superb. Is a very good option for people on their way to any of washington airports. Try it!!!

Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
rri169, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington, D.C. - Alexandria, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Good afternoon;

As the general manger of the Red Roof Inn here in Alexandria, Va., I cannot thank you enough for you wonderful comments about our newly renovated property and close proimity to Washington DC, and especially the wonderful staff I am truly proud to call my team members. I will definately inform Debie and Jessica about your great review. It is truly our constant goal to make our guests feel confident, significant and delighted in their choice of Red Roof Inns for their hotel accommodation needs.

Sincerely;

Genertal Manager
Cachoeiro De Itapemirim, ES
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Clean rooms, close to DC and good price for the area. I was here for one night only, but then I had to come back to DC area and I booked it again for two more nights. I really recommend this hotel, even on vacation since you don't want to spend time at the hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
rri169, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington, D.C. - Alexandria, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Good afternoon;

My name is Robert Whaley, and I am the general manager of the Red Roof Inn here in Alexandria, Va. It was truly a pleasure reading your wonderful comments about our newly renovated hotel. We will always do our best to offer our guests the best value in accommodations and price. I wish to sincerely thank you for not only chosing, but also recommending Red Roof Inn as your choice of hotels for business or leisure travel.

Best wishes;

Huntersville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

My wife and I stay here when we come to DC. The rooms are very good and super close to a Metro stop! Being pet friendly is awesome! Sarah is very helpful at the front desk. I will continue to stay here especially for the value and location.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
rri169, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington, D.C. - Alexandria, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Good morning :-)

My name is Robert Whaley, and I am the general manager here at the Red Roof Inn Alexandrai, Va. I would truly like to thnk you for posting a review about your say with us. It is really great to hear that you really liked our newly renovated rooms and our close proximity to the metro station. We are most definately pet friendly and speaking on behalf of myself and my team we all truly pet lovers ourselves. I want to thank you for choosing the Red Roof Inn Alexandria Va. as your choice for future hotel accommodations. I hope that you have a wonderful day!

Sincerely;

General Manger

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ Washington, D.C. - Alexandria? Share your experiences!