“Clean and well priced” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 49 hotels in Alexandria
Cachoeiro De Itapemirim, ES
“Clean and well priced”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Clean rooms, close to DC and good price for the area. I was here for one night only, but then I had to come back to DC area and I booked it again for two more nights. I really recommend this hotel, even on vacation since you don't want to spend time at the hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
rri169, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington, D.C. - Alexandria, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Good afternoon;

My name is Robert Whaley, and I am the general manager of the Red Roof Inn here in Alexandria, Va. It was truly a pleasure reading your wonderful comments about our newly renovated hotel. We will always do our best to offer our guests the best value in accommodations and price. I wish to sincerely thank you for not only chosing, but also recommending Red Roof Inn as your choice of hotels for business or leisure travel.

Best wishes;

194 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Huntersville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

My wife and I stay here when we come to DC. The rooms are very good and super close to a Metro stop! Being pet friendly is awesome! Sarah is very helpful at the front desk. I will continue to stay here especially for the value and location.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
rri169, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington, D.C. - Alexandria, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Good morning :-)

My name is Robert Whaley, and I am the general manager here at the Red Roof Inn Alexandrai, Va. I would truly like to thnk you for posting a review about your say with us. It is really great to hear that you really liked our newly renovated rooms and our close proximity to the metro station. We are most definately pet friendly and speaking on behalf of myself and my team we all truly pet lovers ourselves. I want to thank you for choosing the Red Roof Inn Alexandria Va. as your choice for future hotel accommodations. I hope that you have a wonderful day!

Sincerely;

General Manger
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

was here on buisness for an extended period of time and the service here has been great. Debie at the front desk is wonderful, and the rooms are newly remodeled. Hot coffee by 6am just a great place at a fair price

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
rri169, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington, D.C. - Alexandria, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Good morning;

M name is Robrt Whaley, and I am the General Manager of the Red Roof Inn here in Alexandria Va. I would sincerely like to thank you for taking the time to post such wonderful comments about your stay with us. I will be sure to pass along your compliments to Debie, I'm sure that she'll be very pleased. Should you travel to our area again we really look forard to having you stay with us.
Again thank you so much for your compliments, have a wonderful weekend.

Best Wishes;

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Stayed here overnight on a trip back from SC, travelling with our dog. Room was clean and appeared to be recently refinished. Red Roof's pets-stay-free policy is great, and saves us money when compared to other chains. Would absolutely stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: Pet friendly. Please, people, if you have a dog, make it easier for the rest of us; pick up after yo...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
rri169, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington, D.C. - Alexandria, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Good morning;

My name is Robert Whaley, and I am the general manager of the Red Roof Inn here in Alexandria, Va. I just wanted to thank you for taking the time to post such wonderful comments about your stay here. I will share your comments with the rest of my team and we truly look forward to your coming and staying with us again in the future.

Warm regards;

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Courteous front desk staff! Rooms beautifully redecorated--I especially love those floors (no more odor-retaining carpet). Very comfortable and well appointed. A real (full size) coffee maker would be an excellent touch [existing coffee maker is too small]. Pet friendly is a plus (hard to find in DC area, and they do NOT charge a pet deposit!) Nice exercise area for pets in back of hotel. I have traveled a LOT around the country and you will not find a better accommodation for the price---particularly in the DC area! I highly recommend this hotel. Clean, comfortable, and a very courteous staff. I have stayed here twice, and have chosen it as MY place to stay when I am in the DC area. Thank you for your nice hospitality.

Room Tip: Hotel is very close (blocks) from Huntington Station [DC metro system] from which you can reach near...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
rri169, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington, D.C. - Alexandria, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Good afternoon;

My name is Robert Whaley and I am the general manager of the Red Roof Inn in Alexandria, Va. and I just wanted to take a moment and thank you for your wonderful comments about our property. It is alwys wonderful to hear that we have provided you with accommodations to your liking. I will be sure to share your comments with my team. I can honestly say that on behalf of myself and my team that we truly look forward to your next stay with us.
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I have stayed (with my two dogs) in Red Roof Inns all across the country and this one ranks as the very best. Beautiful new rooms with hard flooring (to avoid that "ick, I don't want to touch the carpet with my bare feet" feeling). Clean, attractive, everything worked AND...this place is smoke free which eliminates the rotten smoky smell that you just can't get out of the fabrics in rooms smokers stay in. Great location just off 95. Very close to downtown DC from local metro stop. Lots of shops and restaurants nearby. This place is a real winner!

• Stayed November 2012
rri169, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington, D.C. - Alexandria, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Good morning;

My name is Robert Whaley, and I am the general manager of the Red Roof Inn here in Alexandria Va. I just wanted to thank you for taking the time to fill out a Trip Advisor review in regards to your stay with us. Your positive comments were great to hear and I will share your review with my team members. Hopefully Red Roof Inns will become your hotel of choice when you travel.
Please have a safe and Happy Thanksgiving.

Sincerely;

Fairport Harbor, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Pay a little more and get a real hotel room. For a hotel that had been recently updated, this room had a musty or moldy odor which followed us home in our suitcases. My C-PAP machine had the same stink until I washed all of the washable parts. Not even a coffee-pot in the room. The large window that overlooked the parking lot was filthy. We knew going in that this was a no-frills stay, but were totally unprepared for the extent of the deprivation of simple accommodations.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
rri169, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington, D.C. - Alexandria, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Good morning;

My name is Robert Whaley and I am the general manager here at the Red Roof Inn in Alexandria Va. I am writing to let you know that you have my sincerest apologies for what appears to have been a very distasteful stay with us.Please rest assured that I will be working very closely with my housekeeping and maintenance teams to ensure immediate improvement.I honestly hope that you will try us again in your future travels.

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ Washington, D.C. - Alexandria? Share your experiences!