“Clean, pet-friendly, reasonably priced” 4 of 5 stars

Red Roof PLUS+ Washington, D.C. - Alexandria
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5975 Richmond Highway, Alexandria, VA 22303   |
Ranked #24 of 49 Hotels in Alexandria
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Clean, pet-friendly, reasonably priced”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Stayed here overnight on a trip back from SC, travelling with our dog. Room was clean and appeared to be recently refinished. Red Roof's pets-stay-free policy is great, and saves us money when compared to other chains. Would absolutely stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: Pet friendly. Please, people, if you have a dog, make it easier for the rest of us; pick up after yo...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
rri169, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington, D.C. - Alexandria, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Good morning;

My name is Robert Whaley, and I am the general manager of the Red Roof Inn here in Alexandria, Va. I just wanted to thank you for taking the time to post such wonderful comments about your stay here. I will share your comments with the rest of my team and we truly look forward to your coming and staying with us again in the future.

Warm regards;

Robert Whaley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Courteous front desk staff! Rooms beautifully redecorated--I especially love those floors (no more odor-retaining carpet). Very comfortable and well appointed. A real (full size) coffee maker would be an excellent touch [existing coffee maker is too small]. Pet friendly is a plus (hard to find in DC area, and they do NOT charge a pet deposit!) Nice exercise area for pets in back of hotel. I have traveled a LOT around the country and you will not find a better accommodation for the price---particularly in the DC area! I highly recommend this hotel. Clean, comfortable, and a very courteous staff. I have stayed here twice, and have chosen it as MY place to stay when I am in the DC area. Thank you for your nice hospitality.

Room Tip: Hotel is very close (blocks) from Huntington Station [DC metro system] from which you can reach near...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
rri169, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington, D.C. - Alexandria, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Good afternoon;

My name is Robert Whaley and I am the general manager of the Red Roof Inn in Alexandria, Va. and I just wanted to take a moment and thank you for your wonderful comments about our property. It is alwys wonderful to hear that we have provided you with accommodations to your liking. I will be sure to share your comments with my team. I can honestly say that on behalf of myself and my team that we truly look forward to your next stay with us.
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I have stayed (with my two dogs) in Red Roof Inns all across the country and this one ranks as the very best. Beautiful new rooms with hard flooring (to avoid that "ick, I don't want to touch the carpet with my bare feet" feeling). Clean, attractive, everything worked AND...this place is smoke free which eliminates the rotten smoky smell that you just can't get out of the fabrics in rooms smokers stay in. Great location just off 95. Very close to downtown DC from local metro stop. Lots of shops and restaurants nearby. This place is a real winner!

• Stayed November 2012
rri169, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington, D.C. - Alexandria, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Good morning;

My name is Robert Whaley, and I am the general manager of the Red Roof Inn here in Alexandria Va. I just wanted to thank you for taking the time to fill out a Trip Advisor review in regards to your stay with us. Your positive comments were great to hear and I will share your review with my team members. Hopefully Red Roof Inns will become your hotel of choice when you travel.
Please have a safe and Happy Thanksgiving.

Fairport Harbor, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Pay a little more and get a real hotel room. For a hotel that had been recently updated, this room had a musty or moldy odor which followed us home in our suitcases. My C-PAP machine had the same stink until I washed all of the washable parts. Not even a coffee-pot in the room. The large window that overlooked the parking lot was filthy. We knew going in that this was a no-frills stay, but were totally unprepared for the extent of the deprivation of simple accommodations.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
rri169, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington, D.C. - Alexandria, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Good morning;

My name is Robert Whaley and I am the general manager here at the Red Roof Inn in Alexandria Va. I am writing to let you know that you have my sincerest apologies for what appears to have been a very distasteful stay with us.Please rest assured that I will be working very closely with my housekeeping and maintenance teams to ensure immediate improvement.I honestly hope that you will try us again in your future travels.
south yorkshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Stayed on Halloween night! The staff at the desk were brilliant. We were hopelessly lost and had to keep phoning to find our way( our fault we got lost) and the guy at the desk got us here safely.The room was clean and spacious with a small bathroom but I liked the fact I could soak in the bath as always. Nice granite sink and plenty of lighting. The t.v was nice except the signal was not good and no coffee maker in the room. I was worried when we first arrived, as we were in a room next to 3 youths who were drinking on the balcony/room next to us and being sick, or pretending to be. However, after an hour they went somewhere and not a peep after, so a good night was had by all.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
rri169, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington, D.C. - Alexandria, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Good morning;

My name is Robert Whaley, and I am the general manager here at the Red Roof Inn Alexandria Virginia. I would like to first thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a response. Your bringing the TV situation to our attention is much appreciated and will be rectified. As for your inconsiderate neighbors I honestly apologize and am thankful that their disruption was brief. I hope that in your future travels that your will make Red Roof Inn your choice in accommodations. Hope that you have a wonderful weekend.

Red Roof Inns
Quebec City, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

The office staff is very helpful and friendly. My first experience with Red Roof is very satisfying. I would return. The new rooms are nicely done and comfortable. Tub/shower could use an update. Nice sink though. We brought our small dog and he was welcomed and happy. Good exercise area out back for him.

• Stayed October 2012
rri169, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington, D.C. - Alexandria, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Good afternoon;

My name is Robert Whaley and I am the General Manager of the Red Roof Inn here in Alexandria, Va,. I can not tell you how pleased and grateful that I am for you to take the time to post a review about our hotel. I am pleased that you did enjoy your stay with us. The good news is that we are currently receiving bids to have our tubs re-done. I do hope that when you are in the area again that you will again choose us for your hotel accommodations. Please have a wonderful day.

Goodyear, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here three nights. About a mile from the metro. Beds were comfortable, rooms were okay. Can use your MetroCard to take a bus from across Huntington St to the metro, a walk of about 2 blocks, need to cross two busy streets.
They redid the rooms, putting the sinks on top of the counters which makes them hard for anyone who is not very tall to use. I am 5' 7", and the sink was difficult for me to use.

• Stayed September 2012
rri169, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington, D.C. - Alexandria, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Good morning;

My name is Robert Whaley, general manager Red Roof Inn, Alexandria Virginia. I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for for posting a review for our hotel on Trip Advisor. Believe me I do understand your comments in regards to the raised sinks and will pass them on to my supervisors. I do honestly hope that this will not prevent you from staying with us in the near future. Have a wonderful day. :-)

Robert Whaley

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ Washington, D.C. - Alexandria? Share your experiences!