“Above Ordinary” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 50 Hotels in Alexandria
Richmond, Virginia
“Above Ordinary”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

The newly renovated Red Roof Alexandria, VA is truely an outstanding value for travelers. The new room renovation and flat screen 32 inch tv could make you believe you were in the Capital paying 3 times the room rate. Sarah the front desk manager, Debbie the evening manager, and Robert Whaley General Manager are all true professionals. I would recommend this property to anyone that is looking for value and location in Alexandria Va.

Room Tip: Book Early!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
rri169, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington, D.C. - Alexandria, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Good morning;

Your high praise is very much appreciated. We all definately look forward to your future visits to not only my property but to any Red Roof Inn. I hope that in your future travels that your will make Red Roof Inn your choice in accommodations. Hope that you have a wonderful weekend.

Sincerely;

Robert Whaley
Red Roof Inns

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
New York Area
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

I loved this hotel. Great service, nice quality, and the rooms were clean. For $50, it was not bad compared to the other hotels around it. The bad part was when I entered into my room. There was an unbearable heat, but i dont blame them because it snowed and it was winter. However, it was so bad, we had to open the door AND crank the AC full blast on its coldest setting. Good place if your on a budget.

Room Tip: Try not to go during the cold winter..
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
rri169, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington, D.C. - Alexandria, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Good morning;

My name is Robert Whaley, and I am the general manager here at the Red Roof Inn Alexandria Virginia. I would like to first thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a response. Your bringing the room heat situation to our attention is much appreciated and will be rectified. I hope that in your future travels that your will make Red Roof Inn your choice in accommodations. Hope that you have a wonderful weekend.

Sincerely;

Robert Whaley
Red Roof Inns
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

Hey everyone, back from my DC trip with my grand niece. In another review I will highlight DC, but in this review let me tell you about the Roof. Wow is my first comment. I tried getting in at my normal hotel but the prices in VA were crazy high. So I went on Price Line and tried my luck. If you have ever used Price Line and used their automated get my room for me system, once you submit your credit card and they find a room its a done deal. Well when my lottery came back with Red Roof Inn, I literally cried. Red Roof Inn, OMG, are you serious. For two months I sweated this trip. Red Roof Inn OMG. The Day before my arrival, I confirmed all my requirements at the hotel with the front desk man named Nikko. Some things were not in place, but Nikko assured me that upon my arrival the next day everything would be in place. Upon my arrival, Nikko just happened to be coming out the hotel so we were able to meet outside. He was on his way to my room to make sure everything was in place. We chatted for a while at the front desk an I told him my concerns about staying there. He has been working there for a year and he assured me that it was a very good hotel. No bed bugs, or other bugs, everthing worked. I was still skeptical so we went to the room. WOW is all I can say. It smelled wonderful. the room was neat, clean and accommodating. There was an iron and ironing board, hair dryer, two full sized television, refigerator, microwave. All that and the room was still very spacious. The bathroom was clean and presentable. For the price I would have paid at my normal hotel to the tune in VA of $259 per night versus the price I paid of $79 per night The Roof was an awesome choice. For those of you who read my reviews, you know that I am a foo foo traveler. Though the hotel does not offer you mimosos at the front desk they do greet you with a warm hello and google any destination you want to see in the city and DC. Though you don't get a newspaper each morning at your door, you do get a cleaned room each day and the fragrence they use is wonderful. I usually have to complain and tell hotels not to scent my room, but the Roofs scent is very inviting and non allergic reaction. Though you are not getting 800 thread towels and sheets, you do get plenty of towels and soft sheets and I never had to ask for towels or face clothes during the entire 5 days. Though the toiletries are not designer names, you are provided with them and they do the job of cleaning your body just fine. The beds are spacious and comfortable. I slept great each night. They also provide you with tissue packs each day.Which during the heat wave of 99 plus my entire trip came in very handy. All their staff are friendly, kind and very accommodating. Their location is just 2 miles from downtown Alexandria and though they are not in the heart of Alexandria they are in a nice safe inviting area. Walmart is up the street about a mile and also many other shopping places like Target, Home Goods, Marshalls, etc. Their prices are way better than in the heart of Alexandria. I did all my gift shopping there versus at the Pentagon Mall which is way over priced. In the other direction about 800 yards is the interstate to Old town Alexandria, DC and I95. My suggestion if you are planning a trip to DC with your family and want to spend most of your money on tours and food, then stay at the Roof because the savings is phenominal and the accommodations are GREAT. Well back for a week, but off to Columbia, SC next week. Look for my next reveiw on the Holiday Inn, Columbia in about 2 weeks.

Room Tip: There is no swimming pool, I clicked on the wrong button and could not take it out.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

I spent 7 weeks (April to June 12) while I was relocating to Alexandria --searching for my perfect new home....and thanks to the GM Robert and his really awesome staff (housekeeping included!) my dog and I had a great time there! Located near the intersection of Rte 1 and I-95/495 access, this hotel has a beautifully landscaped property for walking your pet and it is convenient to shopping, dining, and is not far from major retail stores (malls).

The staff was exceptionally considerate and went out of their way many times to ensure my stay was the best it could be. That means so much, especially when life is stressful! If you are in the area and need a pet friendly place, give them a try...you won't be dissappointed.... I wasn't!

Thank you Robert, Debby, Sara, Nico and everyone else at Red Roof Inn Alexandria!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Wheeling, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

We stayed their last May and I was pleasantly surprised by this place. Rooms are clean and roomy. Wireless internet connection is free, unlike in many expensive hotels. The hotel is situated very close to Washington and historic Old Town Alexandria. If you are not driving, the nearest metro station is few blocks away. The stuff of this hotel is great!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Dearborn, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

I had a wonderful stay this week at this Red Roof Inn. I was traveling on business and arrived late in the evening. The warm welcome and efficient check in made my day.

Room Tip: Very conveniently located near highways and rail station
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

This hotel located on Richmond Highway in Alexandria, Virginia is ideally situated close to historic Old Town Alexandria, Mount Vernon and other major historic attractions. The metro is within walking distance and there are great shops and restaurants very close by. The hotel staff were extremely friendly and helpful and the rooms were clean, comfortable and quiet. I especially like Red Roof Inns because they are pet friendly. Although I do not always travel with my pet, it is nice to have the option without having to pay one penny extra.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side are very quiet and the third floor is not a problem as this hotel has an elev...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ Washington, D.C. - Alexandria? Share your experiences!