“A good value close to DC” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South

You added Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South to your Saves list
Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4641 Kenmore Avenue, Alexandria, VA 22304 (Formerly Sheraton Pentagon)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #11 of 50 Hotels in Alexandria
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Denton, Texas
“A good value close to DC”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

This property is a little dated spotlessly clean and staffed with friendly, helpful, well trained people. Its available at much lower prices than comparable facilities in the district and is still relatively close in. My 8th floor room was clean, comfortable large, by city standards. I'm not a fan of the current Courtyard decorating schemes but that's the look of all the Courtyards these days.

The net: Good value, clean, great staff. I'll be back next time I'm in the DC area.

Stayed April 2015

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Absolutely everything about this hotel is first class. The staff is outstanding and went out of their way to be sure I had everything I needed while there. The room was absolutely spotless as was the bathroom. I ate breakfast on property which was also fantastic. I will stay there any time I'm in the area in the future.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, 6 days ago
jroyalty - Thank you very much for your candid review of your recent stay at our hotel. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, as we strive to improve with each and every stay. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for commending the service of our brilliant hosts, I will share your feedback with the appropriate staff. We look forward to welcoming you back again whenever your travels bring you to Alexandria.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I booked this hotel for a night stay in between flights. I remembered using the hotel for parking services from aiportparkingreservations.com & decided to use it again and stay this time. Even though I only stayed for a day...it was quite pleasant. The front desk employees were very helpful and courteous while booking cab for me since my early flight was before the courtesy shuttle began running. They also waived my parking fee even though I technically found a loophole through airport parking for $6 a night rather than the $29/n per hotel.

The room was immaculately clean and the bed was so comfortable I slept through my alarm. Thank goodness for the courtesy wake up call or I would've missed my flight! A very short drive to the harbour where there are plenty of good restaurants and quaint shops in old town Alexandria. only qualm is both times I used the return shuttle (oct 2014/april 2015) from the airport to hotel...the driver was extremely late and did not follow the every 30 min pickup. In october we waited for 2 hours! He sped past us the first time with no one in the shuttle...even though we were standing at the right pickup lane (#5).....then took another hour to return...denying he was ever there when I asked him about it as if I were blind and didn't recognize his face...this time...he took 45 mins after I called the hotel and the front desk said he will be there in 15 minutes. BOTH times i was out standing in the cold....SAME GUY FROM OCTOBER! I suggest they hire someone else for that! But everything else was superb!

Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, 1 week ago
ladybelle - Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South with us on TripAdvisor. Your observations are very helpful in our pursuit of guest satisfaction. We strive to be a leader in customer service, and comments from guests such as yourself allow us to make improvements. We definitely look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the DC area.
Simi Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Over Spring Break, from 3/26 through 4/4/15, My wife and I stayed at this hotel. The room was clean, the service was spectacular, and the amenities plentiful. First of all, they have a shuttle that picks you up from Reagan Airport, but they also furnish rides to the Metro, to Shirlington, where there are a number of restaurants, and one day, I needed a ride to another hotel to rent a car, and they gladly took me there, too. The room was very clean, and the bed was as comfortable as my bed at home. Each time I went downstairs to ask about anything, every time I was greeted by name and was graciously offered advice to make my trip better. One person in particular was a young man named Aimen. Kudos to Marriott for hiring such a terrific host. They have a heated pool, a workout room, and computers for guest use, all at no charge. I would stay here again if I were to go back to the DC area.

Room Tip: Upper level, North side; the south side is a bit noisy due to construction.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Joel G - We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our room was comfortable for you and your wife. We take great pride in upholding high cleanliness and guest service expectations. We hope to see you again the next time you are in the Alexandria area.
Bristow, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This is an excellent value for the money. Close to all things in the DC area but far enough out of the city to be out of the bustle. Nice pool and the parking lot has controlled access which is nice. Couple of nearby convenience stores add to the value. Very close to good shopping and dining in Shirlington.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Connellype - Thank you for the wonderful feedback you provided on your stay at the Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South. I will be sure to share your experience with our team. We look forward to meeting you on your next trip to the area.
Cerritos, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I was very surprised at the reviews of this property after I stayed there recently. Yes, the staff is friendly and helpful but the state of the property just doesn't qualify it as a Courtyard by Marriott in my travels.

It is really dated and in serious need of renovations. The windows seemed to be double-paned; however, when the sliding portion of the window is closed, there is virtually no seal such that the road noise from the adjacent highway is so loud. The decor also needs updating as well.

If this property doesn't renovate, sorry to say, I won't be staying here in the future.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Man_MJ - Thank you very much for deciding to stay with us, and for then taking the time to let us know how we did. While I was very happy to read your positive comments about our service, I wanted to apologize for the overall look of the property that you encountered during your stay. We hope you choose to stay with us again whenever your travels bring you back to Alexandria so that we can provide you with a premium experience that not only meets, but exceeds your expectations.
Spring Hill, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

As a Marriott Platinum Elite member, I have stayed at numerous Marriott properties throughout. The staff was pleasant, and the room was comfortable. However, the property, fixtures and furnishings were dated - which had me wonder about this properties dedication to cleanliness and appearance.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South with us on TripAdvisor. Your observations are very helpful in our pursuit of guest satisfaction. We strive to be a leader in customer service, and comments from guests such as yourself allow us to make improvements. We sincerely care about your comments and the type of experience you have had here. Thank you for allowing us to serve you! We look forward to seeing you again.

Been to Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South? Share your experiences!