“Solid Hotel, Service and Amenities.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South

Save Saved
You added Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South to your Saves list
Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4641 Kenmore Avenue, Alexandria, VA 22304 (Formerly Sheraton Pentagon)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #12 of 49 Hotels in Alexandria
Midwest
“Solid Hotel, Service and Amenities.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Stayed here on business for three nights (early in the week), and was my first time here at this property. The free shuttle, to and from airport, is a bonus. But it always took at least two phone calls to get confirmation that the shuttle was being sent. And being put on hold for several minutes can be frustrating. That being said, remember that this shuttle is free. But seriously, tip your driver! The hotel is in very good condition. Rooms, exercise equipment, pool (larger than what you would typically see) was very nice. Keith, the GM, did an excellent job at keeping all of his guests happy - and he wears *many* "hats". And his front desk staff did a nice job too. This is a busy hotel, and there was a lot going on most of the time. The restaurant made a great turkey reuben one night, but I did not opt to spend the $11 for breakfast each morning. I'm sure it would have been fine, just kinda pricey. Rooms were clean, and quiet. Shower head/water pressure - excellent. Bed was comfortable too. The shuttle also runs all day (and into the eve) to the Pentagon City Metro. Again, it is free, and sometimes the phone call and/or waiting was frustrating. The King Street Metro Stop is only a couple away from Pentagon, and lots of dining options in Old Town Alexandria. I would recommend this hotel, and stay here again based on my experience.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
OnTheGoAtTimes - We truly appreciate receiving your honest and constructive feedback regarding your positive experience while staying at the Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South. We know you have many choices when you travel and we appreciate and value your loyalty to the Courtyard brand. We can't wait to welcome you back in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

I had a very difficult time finding a hotel to accept the government rate in the Chrystal city area so I went ahead and searched other Marriott properties, which I was not happy doing because it was going to be too far from where I was going to end up working at for the entire week. I booked 6 nights at the Courtyard by Marriott Alexandria Pentagon South and ended up experiencing the best service and stay that I have ever experienced in my 25 years of staying at hotels. The General Manager (Keith Moses) and his entire staff were awesome and very accommodating. I couldn't believe how genuine everyone was and the hotel room was very nice. The icing on the cake was the incredible complimentary FULL breakfast and the $25 food/beverage voucher every evening at the Bistro. I highly recommend this hotel and commend Mr. Moses for his awesome leadership which is very contagious with the entire staff at this hotel. Great Job running this hotel Mr. Moses, I will be back for sure!

Room Tip: Make sure and ask for Mr. Moses when you book a room, he is the general manager and will treat you l...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, July 27, 2014
Ikaram - Thank you very much for posting such a wonderful review of your recent stay with us. We appreciate your valuable feedback, it’s one of the best tools we have in order to improve the quality and service of our hotel. We always strive to provide the highest quality of service and accommodations and we are happy to learn that we were able to meet your expectations. I will proudly share your message with the rest of our hotel team. Thank you again and we hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future.
Norfolk VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

the Good:
The lobby was very nice. The staff were *VERY* nice, professional, pleasant, and helpful. The breakfast buffet was good. The room was clean and the A/C worked very well.
The parking garage had ample problem and was located right next to the hotel.
the pool, hot tub, and gym were all really nice. The business center was fantastic and folks were helpful!
the needs work:
We had requested a crib and mini fridge in advance upon booking online reservation. I called the day before check in, and the receptionist said it wasn't listed, but she made some notes and would ensure that it would be in our room once we checked in. I advised her we would be checking in late. We checked in around 10pm. No crib or fridge. Had to call to have it brought up. Took over an hour. Not cool to wrangle a screaming crying baby who just wants to go to bed at 11 pm for an hour.
the two bed room is two full beds, not two queens like most hotels. The pillows were small and squishy, not very comfortable.
the a/c was wonderfully cold, but very very loud.
The lobby has a small cafe restaurant in the back. Breakfast was good (both selection and taste quality), but their lunch and dinner menus were severely limited. A handful of sandwiches and salads. Every morning there was a huge mound of pizza boxes next to the hall trash can. Kinda lets me know i wasn't the only one who was let down by the in-hotel restaurant for dinner.

I would recommend this hotel for business or solo. Not for family. its about 3 miles from the king street metro station (a $12 cab ride). Parking for the garage is a fee per day, but government/military rate includes free parking and a discounted meal rate.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
jrzgrlsailor - Thank you very much for taking time to review your most recent stay at our hotel. I apologize that your stay was not what you have come to expect. Here at the Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South we pride ourselves on great customer service and reward our employees for their outstanding achievements. We obviously fell short of your expectation and our own. We hope that we can have you stay with us again next time your travels bring you to the DC area.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

I booked this hotel for one night because I was in town for a conference and the host hotel did not have any rooms on my night of arrival. The rooms are nice and clean and this location seems to have been recently updated.

I called ahead to see if they could have early check in. They were able to accommodate us. We dropped our bags off and then went on to do other things. When we returned there was a plate of fruit, crackers and other snacks waiting. How sweet. The lady at the front desk also gave us complimentary breakfast. Unfortunately we woke up too late to go to breakfast. When I checked out the same lady was at the desk. She asked if we had eaten and I told her that we were in a rush. She insisted that we grab something to go.

The staff here is very attentive and so sweet. I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
triplov3r - We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We certainly appreciate your great review. Your comments will be shared with our front desk staff and the rest of the team. I am glad that we were able to create such a memorable stay for you. We do hope you will join us again when your travels bring you back to Washington, D.C. area and we look forward to seeing you next time!
Pine Hill
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We just returned from our mini vacation to DC. Our first room was let down. The bed sham had big stain and the tv wasn't working. Couldn't reach anybody at the front desk by phone so each time I discovered an issue I had to go down to the lobby. With that said, I gave them 5 stars due to their service. I will admit they were nice enough to check us in early after a long day of being tourist. I believe that played a part in our room issues. However, after my second trip to the front desk, the young man was very apologetic and professional as he immediately gave us a different room. Can't remember his name but I know it starts with an "A". His badge indicated he was training but the manner in which he resolved our issues showed he has experience in customer service. Our second room was very clean and everything was working. I'm very picky when it comes to hotels and food and this CY was more than we expected in terms of cleanliness and service. We were right by the elevator and I was concerned we would be disturbed by people coming and going but boy was I wrong. We were in 1102 and didn't hear anything. In fact, it seemed we had the floor to ourselves although the hotel was full of buses and kids. The breakfast wasn't great but it wasn't bad. It was enough to fuel us and get our day started. It was included in our room rate but definitely not worth paying for. Everyone we encountered greeted with a smile and seemed pleased to have us as guests in their hotel. Upon checkout, Beza was amazing and as a courtesy for our inconvenience, we got bonus points. No complaints there. We already have plans on returning to this hotel when we return to DC in the future.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
50statestilIdo - Thank you so much for posting a positive review about your stay at our hotel. We will definitely share your experience with Aimen, Beza and the rest of our front desk team. We take great pride in ensuring our guests' satisfaction and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the Washington, DC-area.
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

This is a great property great place to relax. I want to special thank you to Ms. Beza has the highest quality of guest service i have ever seen you feel more like family then guest. Beza was very nice, helpful and patience i cannot say enough about her warm greeting.

Room Tip: south side sunny
Green Features: My room was comfortable and clear Friendly and knowledgeable
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, June 29, 2014
NuNu601 - Thank you for sharing your review on TripAdvisor. I appreciate your positive comments about Beza. Here at the Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South we pride ourselves on great customer service and reward our employees for their outstanding achievements. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and definitely look forward to seeing on your next trip to the DC area.
Santa Rosa, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

Traveling to the Washington DC and New York areas with and without students for the past 30 years has afforded me the opportunity to observe the inner workings of many hotels in the area, and it is easy to say that Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South has a staff that provides a service and setting that is second to none. Every member of the staff works easily and cooperatively with every other member while providing efficient and kind service to every patron. No problem is ever too big and certainly no problem is too small. They are professionals of the highest order who have not only been trained very well, but they present themselves as people who enjoy their work. -- I will continue to use this hotel whenever I am in the area because the helpful staff creates a comfortable and friendly environment in which to rest and relax. Guests are made to feel welcome, important, and valued. Rooms are clean and beds are comfortable.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Budd S- Thank you for so many kind words from your recent visit to the hotel. I am very pleased that we exceeded your expectations and will happily share your comments with the entire team. We definitely look forward to seeing on your next trip to the DC area.

Been to Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South? Share your experiences!