“Such nice staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South

Save Saved
You added Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South to your Saves list
Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4641 Kenmore Avenue, Alexandria, VA 22304 (Formerly Sheraton Pentagon)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #14 of 49 Hotels in Alexandria
Chicago, Illinois
“Such nice staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

I booked this hotel for one night because I was in town for a conference and the host hotel did not have any rooms on my night of arrival. The rooms are nice and clean and this location seems to have been recently updated.

I called ahead to see if they could have early check in. They were able to accommodate us. We dropped our bags off and then went on to do other things. When we returned there was a plate of fruit, crackers and other snacks waiting. How sweet. The lady at the front desk also gave us complimentary breakfast. Unfortunately we woke up too late to go to breakfast. When I checked out the same lady was at the desk. She asked if we had eaten and I told her that we were in a rush. She insisted that we grab something to go.

The staff here is very attentive and so sweet. I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
triplov3r - We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We certainly appreciate your great review. Your comments will be shared with our front desk staff and the rest of the team. I am glad that we were able to create such a memorable stay for you. We do hope you will join us again when your travels bring you back to Washington, D.C. area and we look forward to seeing you next time!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Pine Hill
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We just returned from our mini vacation to DC. Our first room was let down. The bed sham had big stain and the tv wasn't working. Couldn't reach anybody at the front desk by phone so each time I discovered an issue I had to go down to the lobby. With that said, I gave them 5 stars due to their service. I will admit they were nice enough to check us in early after a long day of being tourist. I believe that played a part in our room issues. However, after my second trip to the front desk, the young man was very apologetic and professional as he immediately gave us a different room. Can't remember his name but I know it starts with an "A". His badge indicated he was training but the manner in which he resolved our issues showed he has experience in customer service. Our second room was very clean and everything was working. I'm very picky when it comes to hotels and food and this CY was more than we expected in terms of cleanliness and service. We were right by the elevator and I was concerned we would be disturbed by people coming and going but boy was I wrong. We were in 1102 and didn't hear anything. In fact, it seemed we had the floor to ourselves although the hotel was full of buses and kids. The breakfast wasn't great but it wasn't bad. It was enough to fuel us and get our day started. It was included in our room rate but definitely not worth paying for. Everyone we encountered greeted with a smile and seemed pleased to have us as guests in their hotel. Upon checkout, Beza was amazing and as a courtesy for our inconvenience, we got bonus points. No complaints there. We already have plans on returning to this hotel when we return to DC in the future.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
50statestilIdo - Thank you so much for posting a positive review about your stay at our hotel. We will definitely share your experience with Aimen, Beza and the rest of our front desk team. We take great pride in ensuring our guests' satisfaction and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the Washington, DC-area.
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

This is a great property great place to relax. I want to special thank you to Ms. Beza has the highest quality of guest service i have ever seen you feel more like family then guest. Beza was very nice, helpful and patience i cannot say enough about her warm greeting.

Room Tip: south side sunny
Green Features: My room was comfortable and clear Friendly and knowledgeable
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, June 29, 2014
NuNu601 - Thank you for sharing your review on TripAdvisor. I appreciate your positive comments about Beza. Here at the Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South we pride ourselves on great customer service and reward our employees for their outstanding achievements. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and definitely look forward to seeing on your next trip to the DC area.
Santa Rosa, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

Traveling to the Washington DC and New York areas with and without students for the past 30 years has afforded me the opportunity to observe the inner workings of many hotels in the area, and it is easy to say that Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South has a staff that provides a service and setting that is second to none. Every member of the staff works easily and cooperatively with every other member while providing efficient and kind service to every patron. No problem is ever too big and certainly no problem is too small. They are professionals of the highest order who have not only been trained very well, but they present themselves as people who enjoy their work. -- I will continue to use this hotel whenever I am in the area because the helpful staff creates a comfortable and friendly environment in which to rest and relax. Guests are made to feel welcome, important, and valued. Rooms are clean and beds are comfortable.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Budd S- Thank you for so many kind words from your recent visit to the hotel. I am very pleased that we exceeded your expectations and will happily share your comments with the entire team. We definitely look forward to seeing on your next trip to the DC area.
worcester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

My sister and I stayed here for 5 nights over Memorial Day weekend. I can't say enough about how welcoming and helpful the staff were, especially Stephanie and Reeza. The van drivers were all great. We never had to wait more than 15-20 minutes at the Pentagon City metro station for the van, The breakfasts were great and the bed was extremely comfortable. This is a great place to stay and I highly recommend it.

Green Features: The guests are given the option to re-use bath towels.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
san_luis_rey - Thank you very much for such a wonderful review of your recent stay with us. I’m very pleased that our staff was able to meet your expectations and that your stay worked out perfectly on memorial day weekend. I will happily share your comments with the entire staff. We look forward on seeing you on your next visit to the DC area.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

This is a great property with a great staff. There is very little turnover in staff and they always remember you from the last visit, Stephanie is very kind and professional and always works to make my stay a good one. The pool is very clean and they keep it at around 85 degrees and great place to relax. I often dine in the bistro and watch tv in one of the booths. The food is always fresh and made to order. As a frequent traveler I would recommend this property for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: upper floor rooms overlooking DC
Green Features: they recycle and encourage guest to do so also. I have my linen changed every other day
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Ed G -Thank you for such a wonderful review. I will be happy to share your comments with Stephanie and the rest of the team. I am glad that we were able to create such a memorable stay for you and that we as a team met your expectations. We definitely look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the DC area.
Williamsport, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

I'm not usually one to make lists like this, but this particular stay screamed for it.

Let's see... Check in went okay at first but I was literally switched to a different agent midway through to hear about their lack of complimentary breakfast (which I knew). The previous agent just walked away to help someone else. Perhaps it was my letting them know that the person I was traveling with - from the same company, mind you - was not able to make it and if they hadn't been contacted they could go ahead and free up the reserved room. Well, apparently they take issue with that. They explained that the person (who didn't even make their own reservation) would need to call them directly. When I said my coworker had encountered an emergency, which is why they couldn't make the trip, they basically said "tough, we need a call or we're billing the full rate".

So on to the room: The tub dripped non-stop; the bed was all springs and very uncomfortable; the red walls had chipped paint; and forget that the TV on-screen guide says you can watch Showtime - that channel reverts to Bio. The icing on the cake had to do with the bathroom amenities. I've unwrapped better bars of soap at $30/night motels. Like plastic. That, and they only provided little bottles of conditioner. No shampoo. I called down and was told someone would be right up. Guess again. I called again 20 minutes later and they acted I'd never called before. No big deal - I can be late to that meeting.

Anything good, you ask? The little diner counter they have downstairs was staffed by two very nice gentlemen. The food, being light bar food, was only so-so but the service was great. So there.

Room Tip: If you stay on the side facing the highway, know that you need to run the fan on high to drown out t...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
SteveG13 - Thank you for your review and I apologize that your stay was not what you have come to expect from a Marriott. We strive to ensure that every guest has an enjoyable stay and we did not meet your expectation and our own. I will be sure to address your concerns with my staff immediately in order for it not to happen again. We will certainly utilize your comments to make an improvement in the areas you have mentioned. Thank you again for your review and feedback.

Been to Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South? Share your experiences!