“Expensive for what it is” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South

Save Saved
You added Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South to your Saves list
Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4641 Kenmore Avenue, Alexandria, VA 22304 (Formerly Sheraton Pentagon)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #13 of 49 hotels in Alexandria
Ocoee, Florida
“Expensive for what it is”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

I stay all over the US for work and I was disappointed in this hotel visit from the pricing structure more than anything. It was a comfortable room and it seemed very safe. Pricing structure for this was a lot higher than necessary - being more expensive during the week, I assume for the business crowd. Breakfast is not included with your room like most hotels and neither is parking so please be aware. I checked out early and someone did not do their job correctly because a week later I was charged for that night. It took me a month and three to four follow up phone calls to get all the money back.
They have a policy, like most Marriott's, about conserving water by keeping towels more than one night…etc., etc. One of my biggest pet peeves of all the hotels is when their house keeping staff do not follow those policies. There are some of us who think that is very important.
This seems to be centrally located and other than the helicopters constantly flying over (which is just part of being in DC) it was very quiet.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the North side so you can see the Monuments at night…the higher the better. That p...
Green Features: Not happy - I did what they said to help with conservation (hanging towels) but their cleaning staff didn't follow it.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, January 1, 2014
NativeDina – Thank you for reviewing your recent stay. I apologize for the billing concerns and the lack of follow up with the staff due to your early departure. I will also share your comments about the towel situation with my housekeeping team. Your review will be a useful review for training staff on why proper follow up and following stated procedures is so important. Thank you again for your feedback and it is greatly appreciated.

257 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

Hotels are always a multi faceted rate for me, so I'll break them down accordingly. All in all, it's a nice hotel and for the price, if you're looking for a good clean, no frills room while you visit the area, you can't really go wrong. I'm very picky with accommodations which is why I only gave them a 3 ..... Here's my reasoning.

Service: These guys definitely get a solid 4 for service. Everyone was friendly, helpful, and professional.

Cleanliness: Cleanliness also ranked high. I'll say 4. The only thing that pulled that point would be the facts that the elevators were a little crusty and the floors could have enjoyed a nice visit with Sir Hoover of Vacuumton. Even with that said, it wasn't bad at all.

Rooms: I was a little bummed out that the rooms had no mini fridge or no microwave. I mean c'mon. Lulu's Loveshack in Shuckamuck Tennessee has a mini fridge for Pete sake. A Marriott in Alexandria VA should be able to hold par with Lulu. 3 for the room.

Shower: I'm a shower guy. Showers to me are as much about relaxing after a long day as they are about cleanliness. Cowboys and Knights would probably beat me senseless, but hey ... I'm a happy product of modern society so the stinky ghosts of Billy the Kid and Sir Lancelot can just deal with it! The shower in our room at least just plain sucked. The stream was weak and the temperature wavered between turning me into the Heat Miser and the Snow Miser all within a few minutes ..... This shower gets a 2.

Dining: Dining also fella little short. The breakfast buffet was very nice and reasonable, but if you choose to stay in house for dinner be forewarned. It is quite pricy. It's good but pricey. maybe it's me just being picky but no bar with a cafe style eatery forces me to give this just a 3.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
ddissent – Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I greatly appreciate your opinion and feedback. I am happy to read that the service and cleanliness were solid performers for you, I will be happy to share this with the perspective staff members. Regarding your comments for the refrigerator and microwave; we will certainly review our current position with these items and see if it is something we can work into the rooms other than as a special request. I will most certainly address your comments regarding shower pressure, temperature and Dining observations with my staff. Thank you again for such a detailed review, feedback such as this is how we will get better and present a better product for our guests.
Long Beach, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Stayed 5 nights, comfortable rooms and very quiet. The staff was extremely helpful with directions,
suggestions, getting cabs for us or the shuttle, no complaints. Must say thanks to Keith, he was great!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Wendy L – Thank you for a great review of your recent stay. I love the heading of “excellent customer service”. I will share your comments with the entire team at our upcoming staff meeting. We hope that we can have you stay with us again next time your travels bring you to the DC area.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Room was good sized and comfortable. The heat was a little difficult to keep regulated. Although the room was a good size the bathroom was small. The door had to be closed to get into the shower. TV stations were few and the quality on some channels was poor. Probably the thing I liked the least was the background noise. The hotel is just off I 395 and Seminary Road. The sound of traffic never stopped all night.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Brackjr – Thank you for such an informative and helpful review. I greatly appreciate your feedback and we will look into the observations you pointed out. Your observations will help us identify areas we can improve upon and help us create a better guests experience. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experiences and we hope to see you again soon if your travels bring you to the DC area.
Guadalajara Metropolitan Area, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel in oct 25 thru October and we received very good service at the hotel specifically from Stephanie and Zach. They were always there for anything we needed and really made a difference in our stay. Thank you and congratulations to these two employees who sure deserve to be noticed.
Aline AYMES

Stayed October 2013
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Aline A - Thank you for such a wonderful review. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay and that Stephanie and Zach had such an impact on your stay. I will be happy to share your comments with them. We hope to see you again soon for your next trip to the DC area.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

We were attending a burial at Arlington and found this Inn to suit all of our needs. This is a very clean facility with a welcoming staff. The parking garage is adjacent to the property and is well lit.
The Pub and Pub menu were well suited to a later evening family and friends casual gathering. All staff were efficient and friendly.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Denise D – Thank you for the review of your recent stay. I am happy to read that we were able to accommodate you and your family during your visit. I will share your comments about the Pub with the food and beverage staff, I am sure they will be pleased to hear how positively they impacted your stay. I hope that we can have you with us again for a pleasure trip to the DC area.
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

The hotel staff, the service, and the overall experience were excellent.

The hotel was such a good ambiance, perfect for our birthday bash that hosted close to 125 guests. The food was great, the hotel staff--special mention to Betsy and Esteban and his team, were all so friendly, all smiles, so professional while providing excellent service. The table settings in the ballroom, including the layout, were all awesome and elegant. The way the buffet tables and the food-setup outside of the ballroom were designed so exquisitely beautiful.

The experience was so remarkably marvelous. My daughter, the debutant, will not forget this wonderful event for her entire lifetime…that Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South and the staff have been a special part of.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
LolotaLoyola – Wow, thank you for so many kind words from your recent visit to the hotel. I will happily share your comments with Betsy and Esteban and the rest of the food and beverage staff that were a part of your event. I am glad that they were able to create such a memorable event for you, your daughter and all attendees.

Been to Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South? Share your experiences!