“18th birthday celebration a success” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South to your Saves list
Booking.com Travelocity
Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4641 Kenmore Avenue, Alexandria, VA 22304 (Formerly Sheraton Pentagon)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #13 of 49 hotels in Alexandria
Alexandria, Virginia
“18th birthday celebration a success”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

The hotel staff, the service, and the overall experience were excellent.

The hotel was such a good ambiance, perfect for our birthday bash that hosted close to 125 guests. The food was great, the hotel staff--special mention to Betsy and Esteban and his team, were all so friendly, all smiles, so professional while providing excellent service. The table settings in the ballroom, including the layout, were all awesome and elegant. The way the buffet tables and the food-setup outside of the ballroom were designed so exquisitely beautiful.

The experience was so remarkably marvelous. My daughter, the debutant, will not forget this wonderful event for her entire lifetime…that Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South and the staff have been a special part of.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
LolotaLoyola – Wow, thank you for so many kind words from your recent visit to the hotel. I will happily share your comments with Betsy and Esteban and the rest of the food and beverage staff that were a part of your event. I am glad that they were able to create such a memorable event for you, your daughter and all attendees.

234 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Newport News, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

The lobby of the hotel was elegant and the check in process was easy. Our room was clean and I felt like I could walk around in my socks (which I usually don't in hotels). The bed was comfortable and the linens fresh and white. The room was a good size with room for a couch and coffee table. The bathroom was a little small, but it was clean and looked fairly new. The breakfast buffet was pretty big and the eating area was nicely decorated. The hotel was only about 5 minutes from Pentagon City mall. We caught the Metro there and went to the see the Wizard's game. The exercise room has 5 cardio machines, a weight workout machine for legs and arms and a bench where you can use free weights,

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
1Jaybee1 – Thank you for your wonderful review. I proudly share your comments about your room with our housekeeping staff tomorrow morning during the department meeting. I am very happy to hear that the restaurant, fitness center and shuttle were able to meet your needs during your stay. We certainly hope you consider us on your next trip to the DC area.
Gibbsboro, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

stayed here in November to see dc and surrounding area. Great hotel clean comfortable. They have a shuttle that takes you to the metro at Pentagon City. You might think this isn't convenient but its not bad we only had to wait 10 min most of the time to be picked up or dropped off never more then 15. The staff is very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
dennis g – Thank you for such a great review of your recent stay. I am pleased that our shuttle was able to accommodate you during your stay. I will happily share your comments regarding the staff during our monthly staff meeting. We hope to see you again on your next visit to the DC area.
Meriden, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

I travel to this part of the state on a regular basis but the hotel I normally stay at was full. I selected this hotel by chance and ended up having a wonderful time. After a long day of driving, my family was greeted by welcoming staff. The front staff person was a sight for sore eyes after an eight hour drive. She greeted us with a friendly face and attitude. Beza made the check in process a speedy one and directed us to a local restaurant that was not only delicious but very warm and inviting. The second day of our visit, another staff member offered us shuttle service to local attractions and events happening in the area that weekend. After this warm experience, I will definitely make this the hotel my family stays at when we return to the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
TinaBMo723 – Thank you for the wonderful review of your recent stay. I am pleased to read that we will be your hotel of choice in the DC area. I am happy that Beza and other front desk staff members were friendly and warm. I will be sure to share your comments with the entire team. We look forward to seeing on your next trip to the area.
New Haven, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

We enjoyed our stay for the weekend, traveled to meet my dad who lives in SC. The courtyard location was a perfect half way meeting point. From the moment I entered the hotel the front desk staff "Beza" was warm and very accommodating, It was a pleasure surprise after traveling from Connecticut. Throughout our stay she was went out of her way to ensure we had a great stay there. She suggested great restaurants in the local area which were just as she described delicious. We are looking to stay at this same location due the proximity to DC and the most impressive point is the customer service from the great staff at this location. Zak, one of the staff was very helpful. Loved the location and the cleanliness of the property.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
glennie h – Thank you for such a great review of your recent stay. I love reading the comments about the positive experiences from customer service. Beza and Zak will be pleased to hear your comments about their service. I will also share your comments with our housekeeping team about overall cleanliness. We look forward to seeing you again soon for your next family get to together.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

This hotel was perfect for the Marine Corps Marathon runners if they are ok with staying outside Washington DC. The hotel provides a free shuttle bus that can bring you to Reagan National Airport, as well as the nearest Metro Stop (Pentagon City). Both are roughly a 10 minute drive away. It's close to the start/finish line, and also provides a shuttle bus to bring you as close to the Pentagon as possible (start line). They also provided brown bagged breakfasts (bagel, fruit, peanut butter, water, coffee) on the morning of race day for free.

Regular breakfast was not free, $11 for a full buffet which was well worth it. Eggs, homefries, pancakes, bagels, fruit etc.

Quiet for sleeping, guards stay in each hallway all night as well to prevent disturbances. Late checkout for 6 oclock is available for $50 per room.

Great stay for the marathon!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
bwentworth2 – Thank you for reviewing your recent stay. We were happy to have you with us during the Marine Corps Marathon. I am happy that to hear that our shuttle helped you get to and from the marathon. I will be sure and share your comments about breakfast and to go breakfast with our food and beverage staff. We hope to have you with us next year for the MCM.
Guadalajara Metropolitan Area, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 6 nights, we were there for the marine corps marathon and the hotel was part of the official hotel list of the marathon. However we were very pleased for the service and convenience of the location since they have a shuttle service to one of the main train stations for day to day transportation and a shuttle service directly to the nearest point of the start line the day of the marathon. Special thanks for the amazing service of Zach and Stephanie. We also noticed the team work of the staff, don't remember the name if of the manager but he was also always there. There were another couple of front desk ladies that were very kind all the time, I wish I could remember their names also. In summary, great location to stay but mainly driven by the service since you have so many options around, go for the service

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Juan F – Thank you for the great review of your recent stay. I am very happy to hear that your service experiences were so memorable. I will be sure to share your comments with the entire front office team. I am very excited to read your comment about team work, I will never get tired of hearing that my staff worked together to make your stay a successful one. We hope to see you again next year for the MCM.

Been to Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South? Share your experiences!