“Excellent service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South

Save Saved
You added Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South to your Saves list
Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4641 Kenmore Avenue, Alexandria, VA 22304 (Formerly Sheraton Pentagon)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #13 of 49 hotels in Alexandria
Guadalajara Metropolitan Area, Mexico
“Excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 6 nights, we were there for the marine corps marathon and the hotel was part of the official hotel list of the marathon. However we were very pleased for the service and convenience of the location since they have a shuttle service to one of the main train stations for day to day transportation and a shuttle service directly to the nearest point of the start line the day of the marathon. Special thanks for the amazing service of Zach and Stephanie. We also noticed the team work of the staff, don't remember the name if of the manager but he was also always there. There were another couple of front desk ladies that were very kind all the time, I wish I could remember their names also. In summary, great location to stay but mainly driven by the service since you have so many options around, go for the service

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Juan F – Thank you for the great review of your recent stay. I am very happy to hear that your service experiences were so memorable. I will be sure to share your comments with the entire front office team. I am very excited to read your comment about team work, I will never get tired of hearing that my staff worked together to make your stay a successful one. We hope to see you again next year for the MCM.

242 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I had such a great experience. the staff was fantastic and helpful. Beza at the front desk was so accommodating.. The room and hotel itself is very clean. I didn't eat at the hotel; but, they had breakfast "brown bag" for us who were running the Marine Corp Marathon..

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
mapeugoh22 – Thank you for your review of your recent stay. We were happy to have you with us during your visit to DC for the Marine Corps Marathon. I will be happy to share your comments with Beza, she will be pleased to hear that she had positive impact on your stay. Thank you again for your comments and we hope to see you again for next year’s MCM.
Green Cove Springs, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

My wife and I stayed here while visiting a friend in the area. Rooms were comfortable but not spacious. No breakfast is included only a hotel coffee maker but there is a 7-11 across the street for a good coffee + in the morning. The hotel restaurant is a little pricey for breakfast. Parking is in an adjoining parking garage, again a little pricey, $19 per day. Staff was friendly and hotel is located an easy drive to Washington for sightseeing. Our room was a comp because of another booking problem so we can't complain. Next time in Washington we will look for something with a full breakfast included. Wi-Fi was included at no charge, definitely a plus.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
gringobill - Thank you for your review. I appreciate the honest feedback and will certainly evaluate our price points for parking and breakfast. I hope that we would be able to have you with us again on your next trip to the area, I encourage you to look up some of our packages that would include breakfast and parking during your stay. If you have any questions I would be happy to answer them and I hope to see you again soon.
Frankfurt, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

With my spouse and son I stayed 11 days in Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South.
The responsiveness of the hotel team was excellent !!! Rooms and all hotel areas are very clean.
The food and beverage services deserve a special gratitude. F&B staff are very friendly, responsive and perfectly manage their duties. F&B quality is also very high !

I recommend this hotel for families, business and all other guests.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Otabek R – I am pleased to read that you and your family enjoyed your stay. We know you have many options when staying in the DC area and we were happy to have you with us for such a long stay. I never get tired of reading comments from guests stating that the staff was “excellent”. I will be sure to share your comments with the entire team. We hope to see you again soon.
Poulsbo, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I travel a great deal and have done so for many years. The Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South was a great visit. Easy to maneuver around DC with easy access to highways to ensure you have options to avoid the DC traffic. Location is perfect to access restaurants or after hours business meeting venues. Old Town Alexandria (one of the neatest parts of DC) offers much...the hotel offers a shuttle service to get you there and back if needed. With all of that the most important aspect of the hotel for me was the staff...they remembered me, was responsive and were very friendly...always nice to hear a cheerful "hello" after a long day. All of the staff was simply superb...from the cleaning staff to the maintenance personnel. I'll be back....keep it up!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Rick W - Thank you for the review of your recent stay. I am pleased to read that we were able to accommodate you during your visit to the DC area. It is always great to read the comments about the staff and how warmly they treated you. I will be sure to share your comments with them during our October staff meeting. We look forward to your next visit.
Elgin, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights while visiting the DC area. Convenient location, clean room and hotel. Friendly staff and good breakfast. My husband really liked the parking garage also. The shuttle to pentagon city metro was really a great plus of the hotel also. Would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you for the review of your recent stay. I am pleased to read that we were able to meet your needs and expectations during your recent stay. I know there are many options to choose from when staying the DC area and we greatly appreciate your patronage and look forward to your next visit.
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

While the hotel was crowded, the staff was very nice and accommodating. The free shuttle rides to the metro are a great perk. Makes it a great place to stay when visiting Washington DC as a tourist. Close to Old Town where there were plenty of restaurants on King St.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
ScottRock123, Thank you for reviewing your stay. I am happy to hear our location and shuttle service enhanced your stay. I will be sure to share your comments with the staff. They will appreciate hearing that even during busy times their hard work has not gone unnoticed. We hope to see you again soon if you travels bring you to the DC area.

Been to Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South? Share your experiences!