“A wonderful team and an excellent hotel !!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South

You added Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South to your Saves list
Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4641 Kenmore Avenue, Alexandria, VA 22304 (Formerly Sheraton Pentagon)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
$20 Daily Credit
Ranked #14 of 50 Hotels in Alexandria
Frankfurt, Germany
“A wonderful team and an excellent hotel !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

With my spouse and son I stayed 11 days in Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South.
The responsiveness of the hotel team was excellent !!! Rooms and all hotel areas are very clean.
The food and beverage services deserve a special gratitude. F&B staff are very friendly, responsive and perfectly manage their duties. F&B quality is also very high !

I recommend this hotel for families, business and all other guests.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Otabek R – I am pleased to read that you and your family enjoyed your stay. We know you have many options when staying in the DC area and we were happy to have you with us for such a long stay. I never get tired of reading comments from guests stating that the staff was “excellent”. I will be sure to share your comments with the entire team. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Poulsbo, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I travel a great deal and have done so for many years. The Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South was a great visit. Easy to maneuver around DC with easy access to highways to ensure you have options to avoid the DC traffic. Location is perfect to access restaurants or after hours business meeting venues. Old Town Alexandria (one of the neatest parts of DC) offers much...the hotel offers a shuttle service to get you there and back if needed. With all of that the most important aspect of the hotel for me was the staff...they remembered me, was responsive and were very friendly...always nice to hear a cheerful "hello" after a long day. All of the staff was simply superb...from the cleaning staff to the maintenance personnel. I'll be back....keep it up!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Rick W - Thank you for the review of your recent stay. I am pleased to read that we were able to accommodate you during your visit to the DC area. It is always great to read the comments about the staff and how warmly they treated you. I will be sure to share your comments with them during our October staff meeting. We look forward to your next visit.
Elgin, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights while visiting the DC area. Convenient location, clean room and hotel. Friendly staff and good breakfast. My husband really liked the parking garage also. The shuttle to pentagon city metro was really a great plus of the hotel also. Would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you for the review of your recent stay. I am pleased to read that we were able to meet your needs and expectations during your recent stay. I know there are many options to choose from when staying the DC area and we greatly appreciate your patronage and look forward to your next visit.
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

While the hotel was crowded, the staff was very nice and accommodating. The free shuttle rides to the metro are a great perk. Makes it a great place to stay when visiting Washington DC as a tourist. Close to Old Town where there were plenty of restaurants on King St.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
ScottRock123, Thank you for reviewing your stay. I am happy to hear our location and shuttle service enhanced your stay. I will be sure to share your comments with the staff. They will appreciate hearing that even during busy times their hard work has not gone unnoticed. We hope to see you again soon if you travels bring you to the DC area.
Utica, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

My son and his family live a half mile from this hotel. We have been staying here at least 3 times a year for past 2 years.
It's in a convenient location to DC, the airports ,and Old Town a big tourist area.it's clean ,and the staff is very courteous .
There is a workout room a pool ,free wi fi. And a restaurant. The breakfasts are very good.
A comfortable stay. We will no doubt return soon.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less traffic. No kids activities no pets.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Thank you for the review and for your continued support of the hotel. I am happy that we are able to accommodate you with our location and that the service is to your liking. I will also be sure to share your feedback about room cleanliness with the housekeeping team; they will be pleased to hear your comments. Hope to see you again soon.
HAMILTON
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Best pricing in Washington, DC area with average less than $80 per night. Only 6.5 miles from the Mall and you just make two quick right turns out of the property and you are on 395 heading to DC. The public areas are inviting and smartly designed. Rooms are pretty standard with nice soft beds, plenty of pillows - but no microwaves / refrigerators which I got to expect most everywhere. Some highway noise made it up to the 9th floor, but that matters little if you are tired and sleeping! Old Town Alexandria is one exit north on King Street and you're in town in less than 15 minutes. WiFi was free, but parking was not ($19/day). Overall a fairly decent stay, but I'll be sure to check on the fridge next time. And bring your swimming stuff as they do have a pool.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review. I am glad our location worked for you during your visit. I am sorry that we did not provide you with a microwave and a refrigerator. When you make your way back to us for your next visit please notify the desk staff of your needs and we will be sure to accommodate you. See you again soon.
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

I was pleasantly surprised at the quality, location, cleanliness and professionalism for the price of this hotel. The lobby and the rooms gives more of a Miami look and feel. The location of the hotel is in a quiet and uncongested area. The cleanliness and professionalism are expected of a Marriott hotel. I was a little surprise of the cost per day for parking which was at an astounding $19 per day to park in the garage.

• Stayed September 2013
I greatly appreciate the review of your recent stay. I am happy to read that the rooms and service left you pleasantly surprised. I will be sure to share your comments with the hotel staff. We were happy to have you stay with us and welcome back to Marriott!

Been to Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South? Share your experiences!