“A Big Surprise” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South

You added Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South to your Saves list
Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4641 Kenmore Avenue, Alexandria, VA 22304 (Formerly Sheraton Pentagon)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
$20 Daily Credit
Ranked #14 of 50 Hotels in Alexandria
Atlanta, Georgia
“A Big Surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

We stayed here the last week in June, 2013 for a family trip to DC and were surprised to find such a great hotel for a reasonable price. It is close to 395, which brings you right into DC if you are using your car and they have a shuttle which brings you to the Metro for easy access to DC. We took advantage of both.
The staff is very attentive, friendly and courteous. We were treated very well by everyone. They answered all of our questions and made excellent suggestions about local restaurants in Alexandria.
The buffet breakfast at the hotel is well worth it. The rooms were large, clean, with all you would expect from a Marriott hotel. Anything requested was provided immediately, from extra towels to teabags.
We would definitely recommend this to anyone visiting the DC area who don't want to spend the high DC hotel rates.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Thank you for the review of your recent stay. I am happy that we were able to accommodate you during your trip to the DC area. I am especially please to read that my staff was “very attentive, friendly and courteous”. This is what will keep creating such positive experiences for our guests and I am happy they did this for you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Durham, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We traveled to the Washington area on a somewhat impulse trip and wanted Alexandria because we had friends there that we were going to meet. We had stayed in a Courtyard in Tyson's Corner and had a very good experience and decided to try the same brand again. They did not disappoint.

From first to last, we had incredibly helpful staffers. The restaurant staff eyed our child and decided he must be young enough for the free breakfast buffet without asking. The dinner waitstaff one night found where my husband had managed to leave his wallet and promptly delivered it to the front desk, remembering our room number so they could call and let us know. The bartender one night was kind enough to not show impatience when my husband and I were lingering over a drink and lost track of how close it was to closing time. The shuttle drivers were always very courteous, even when having to deal with a difficult situation (their large van had been rear-ended and they were having to make do with an SUV that only seated six passengers, which meant having to make extra trips during heavy use). The lifeguard would step over and reboot the hot tub when it ran out of time for working the jets. Everywhere we had very helpful people.

The hotel itself had every amenity we would want. The pool was a full-size pool and we only wished that it were open all day in the summer and not just in the evenings. The hot tub was bliss after a long day of trekking in the city. The restaurant breakfast buffet was satisfying and the one dinner we had was good with quite impressive serving sizes. We opted for a suite and were quite pleasantly surprised at just how much room we had for the three of us. We made heavy use of the shuttle service, very happy not to have to pull out our car again until we were checking out.

The next time we are in the area, we would certainly consider staying here again.

Room Tip: The suites are worth it if you have the number of people to justify it: very spacious rooms and bath...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for such a wonderful review and for your loyalty to Courtyard. I am pleased to hear that you and your family enjoyed your trip to the DC area and I am happy to know that you stayed with us for your visit. I will happily share your comments with the staff you identified from our Bistro, pool and shuttle service. They will be pleased to receive the recognition. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

We needed a hotel close to the airport (DCA) for an early flight. Reasonable price for the location. Rooms clean, neat. What you'd expect from a marriott property. However: (1) TV didn't work properly (2) pool ONLY open 5-10 pm when lifeguard on duty and (3) only 1 shuttle in operation when we traveled so the wait was over 30 minutes and the drive another 20. (During rush hour). Shuttle also does not start until 6 am so we ended up taking a taxi to make the early flight ($20). Hotel arranged the taxi and on time. Bistro offers light fare. CVS, 7-11, gas station & Quiznos across the street (walk) a plus.

• Stayed June 2013
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Thank you for your review. I appreciate your honest feedback regarding our pool hours and the shuttle service. I will certainly look into ways we can accommodate all our guests with these services. I also want to apologize for your television not working; this should have been rectified prior to you arriving to the room. I will make sure we use this as training with our staff. Thank you again for your feedback.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

My wife and I stayed here to celebrate our 20th anniversary, visit favorite haunts, and renew our wedding vows. The staff at this hotel, especially Beza and Nichole, treated us like royalty. This property is convenient to Old Town Alexandria, Arlington, Pentagon City, Crystal City, and Washington, D.C. We had a great room and enjoyed great service. We commend it highly to anyone visiting this area. I can't recall when we last enjoyed a property as much as we did this one.

Room Tip: From north-facing rooms you can see the national capitol and the Washington, Monument.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Thank you for such a positive review. Congratulations on 20years!!! We were honored to have you for such a momentous occasion. I will happily share your comments with Beza and Nicole and I am pleased to hear that they made such an impact on your during your visit. We hope to see you again soon.
DC Metro Area
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Have family staying in town and went in person to check out the hotel. Staff went out of their way to assist me with the reservation, show me a room and ensure the comfort of my family for the one night. Stephanie W. was the epitome of customer service; truly going above and beyond.

I am a Marriott Gold member for a reason; you take care of me as a customer and want to ensure a great stay. I thank you for that.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Thank you for such a great review and for your loyalty as a Rewards member. I am pleased to hear that Stephanie was so helpful and impactful for you. I will be sure to share your comments with her. We hope that you will consider us again in the future when you have visitors coming into town.
Las Cruces, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

We just returned from our trip to Washington DC and are very thankful to the staff of the Courtyard, they are fantastic!, the shuttle service to and from the metro station is very convinient and the drivers are very friendly. On our last day of stay they delivered our luggage right at the airport which saved us a lot hassle and allowed us to enjoy the national mall a bit longer!! Thanks!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences of your recent stay in your review. I am pleased to hear that the shuttle service was a benefit for you. I will be sure to share your comments with all the drivers. I know you had many choices to stay in the area and we were happy to have you with us. I hope we will see you again for your next trip to the Nations Captial.
connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

I booked a mixed adult/student group tour at this property for 3 days for a visit to Washington DC and was very happy with the service, the rooms and quality of the hotel.

Check-in for the 30 people was quick and efficient, and room blocking-- all within the same area, was done professionally.
The daily buffet breakfast that was served was tasty, hot and plentiful, although with a limited amount of space I felt that the banquest manager must have been working particularly hard to co-ordinate several grups during the mornng period.

I'd definitely stay again- either for personal travel, or should I have another group inthe area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you for such a great review. I am happy to hear that your check-in experience was quick and efficient; the front desk staff will love to hear about this. I will also share your comments with our food and beverage staff as well as the banquet staff. It was a pleasure to have you and your group stay with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Been to Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South? Share your experiences!