“Great Weekend” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South

Save Saved
You added Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South to your Saves list
Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4641 Kenmore Avenue, Alexandria, VA 22304 (Formerly Sheraton Pentagon)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #12 of 49 Hotels in Alexandria
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Great Weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

My wife and I stayed here to celebrate our 20th anniversary, visit favorite haunts, and renew our wedding vows. The staff at this hotel, especially Beza and Nichole, treated us like royalty. This property is convenient to Old Town Alexandria, Arlington, Pentagon City, Crystal City, and Washington, D.C. We had a great room and enjoyed great service. We commend it highly to anyone visiting this area. I can't recall when we last enjoyed a property as much as we did this one.

Room Tip: From north-facing rooms you can see the national capitol and the Washington, Monument.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Thank you for such a positive review. Congratulations on 20years!!! We were honored to have you for such a momentous occasion. I will happily share your comments with Beza and Nicole and I am pleased to hear that they made such an impact on your during your visit. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
DC Metro Area
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Have family staying in town and went in person to check out the hotel. Staff went out of their way to assist me with the reservation, show me a room and ensure the comfort of my family for the one night. Stephanie W. was the epitome of customer service; truly going above and beyond.

I am a Marriott Gold member for a reason; you take care of me as a customer and want to ensure a great stay. I thank you for that.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Thank you for such a great review and for your loyalty as a Rewards member. I am pleased to hear that Stephanie was so helpful and impactful for you. I will be sure to share your comments with her. We hope that you will consider us again in the future when you have visitors coming into town.
Las Cruces, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

We just returned from our trip to Washington DC and are very thankful to the staff of the Courtyard, they are fantastic!, the shuttle service to and from the metro station is very convinient and the drivers are very friendly. On our last day of stay they delivered our luggage right at the airport which saved us a lot hassle and allowed us to enjoy the national mall a bit longer!! Thanks!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences of your recent stay in your review. I am pleased to hear that the shuttle service was a benefit for you. I will be sure to share your comments with all the drivers. I know you had many choices to stay in the area and we were happy to have you with us. I hope we will see you again for your next trip to the Nations Captial.
connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

I booked a mixed adult/student group tour at this property for 3 days for a visit to Washington DC and was very happy with the service, the rooms and quality of the hotel.

Check-in for the 30 people was quick and efficient, and room blocking-- all within the same area, was done professionally.
The daily buffet breakfast that was served was tasty, hot and plentiful, although with a limited amount of space I felt that the banquest manager must have been working particularly hard to co-ordinate several grups during the mornng period.

I'd definitely stay again- either for personal travel, or should I have another group inthe area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you for such a great review. I am happy to hear that your check-in experience was quick and efficient; the front desk staff will love to hear about this. I will also share your comments with our food and beverage staff as well as the banquet staff. It was a pleasure to have you and your group stay with us and we hope to see you again soon.
Clarksville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

While staying at the hotel during a four day training exercise the hotel stay was excellent. The staff were very nice and helpful. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Breakfast was great. We had no problems with check-in or checking-out. I would recommend a stay at this hotel. Thanks. Johnny

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, June 1, 2013
Thank you for such a wonderful review. I will be happy to share your comments with the entire staff. It was a pleasure having you and your team with us during your training session. It was an honor to have you with us and we look forward to hosting your event again next year.
Cape Charles, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Had a great stay. The staff worked really hard to make sure we were confortable and had everything we needed. The shuttle service was top notch . The coffee was very good, The beds are confortable and the rooms were always clean.Well worth the stay. Thanks for everything.
Rob L. Norfolk , Va

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Thank you for a great review. I will never get tired of hearing that the staff worked hard to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable. I will happily to share your comments with the shuttle drivers, food and beverage staff and our housekeeping staff. Thank you again for sharing your experiences and we hope to have you with us again soon.
Alexandria, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

We had a wedding reception for 72 on April 6th, 2013. Betsy Starr, the sales manager, was absolutely wonderful to work with. She was always available to meet with and thought of several things we did not. She helped us every step of the planning phase and was sure to be there the day of to make sure things ran smooth (I'm pretty sure she did that on her own). Sevar the head chef for the hotel not only catered the event but made the wedding cake as well. The food was excellent, especially the chicken and potatoes. We did a tasting a few weeks before and the food tasted exactly the same at the reception. The cake tasted great but was not a high end fancy looking cake, it was not exactly like the picture we provided. It was delicious though! The waitstaff during the reception was very friendly and accommodating. They all worked very well with the family that was helping decorate the room. I would absolutely do business with them again. We had a block of discounted rooms at the hotel which everyone loved. The hotel was great especially since most of the younger crowd spent a lot of time at the hotel bar and was probably more energetic then they are used to. Overall it was a great experience and I would recommend that you use them for events, be sure you use Betsy Starr!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Thank you for such a wonderful review. Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your special day. I will happily share your comments with Betsy, Sevar, banquet staff and the Bistro Staff. I hope that we will be able to have you or some of your family with us again.

Been to Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South? Share your experiences!