“Great stay!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South

You added Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South to your Saves list
Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4641 Kenmore Avenue, Alexandria, VA 22304 (Formerly Sheraton Pentagon)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #15 of 50 Hotels in Alexandria
Detroit, Michigan
“Great stay!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I had the best experience at this hotel. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Keith the manager was great and the night staff was great as well. The customer service was the best I had in a longtime. The location was easy to get into D.C. I liked having the shuttle to the metro. The room was clean, quiet, and a nice size. The best part of my stay was Keith the manager and the friendly staff. I would stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We will certainly not get tired of hearing “extremely friendly staff”. I am glad to hear that we were able to provide you such positive customer service and a clean room. I want to personally thank you for staying with us and sharing your experiences. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I had the great pleasure of residing at this hotel for an extended period earlier this year. The room are very clean and anytime an issue arose, they were very prompt in there response.

But what really stood out for me is the professionalism and 5 star customer service given by every level of this establishment.from the front desk, restaurant, engineering, shuttle service and housekeeping; they provide top notch customer service that rivals any 5-star hotel.
Mr. Keith Moses and his staff all truly exemplify the Marriott quality that I have come to expect as a loyal Marriott customer.

Respectfully,

Elaine K.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your kind words in such a wonderful review. It was a pleasure having you with us and I am pleased to hear that we exceeded your expectations. I will share your comments with each department personally so that they can hear how their hard work can make such a positive impact on a guests stay. We hope to have you with us again soon.
Chesapeake, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Although the hotel is located somewhat outside traditional Alexandria "hotels ring" - closer to Pentagon City Metro station, regardless of your intentions or destination, you will be happy. Modern design and layout, the friendliest staff, spacious and VERY clean rooms, Paul Mitchell (!!!) toiletries, restaurant-style breakfast... - you will run out of breath describing the details that make this place one of the best on the area. I am planning of sending them "Reviewed on Tripadvisor" window sticker, as they totally deserve that! One advice - while booking, choose the package offer (the one with free breakfast for two and free parking). Rates are very good anyway, but the package helps to save an extra 30-40. Oh, and breakfast: bacon, waffles, omelet, bread, bananas, yogurt, juice, coffee, tea, bottled milk, oatmeal (with the toppings!). It could be better to have a complimentary coffee/tea in a lobby 24/7, though, like at other Marriott properties - I am very picky when it comes to the room coffeemakers. It will really bring a nice touch, being almost a common practice even in the worse hotels.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review of your recent stay. I am happy that we made you feel right at home. I greatly appreciate your feedback about the staff, rooms, breakfast service and about the coffee. These are great comments and they will all certainly be shared with the staff. Hope to have you with us again very soon.
Newport, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for nearly 3 weeks on business. It is very nice, but one can find fancier places. But the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. They seem to know all guest by name on sight. The bistro in the lobby is inexpensive and the food is good. The fitness center is not large but it's impeccably clean and has great equipment compared to most places I've seen. The pool is very good and the lifeguards are good with kids. The extended stay rates are far better than the normal government rates most places offer. WiFi was great. Laundry facility is small, but only $1 per load and includes detergent. Every time I walked into the lobby, the staff greeted me by name and with a smile. I would DEFINITELY choose this hotel again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your extended visit to the DC area. It was a pleasure having you with us and we are pleased to see that your enjoyed your stay. I will certainly share your comments with the entire staff. We hope to have you with us again should your travel needs bring you to the DC the area.
Chattanooga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Four of us enjoyed cherry blossom weekend in a suite at the Pentagon South hotel. We had a marvelous time. The rooms were clean, quiet, and beautifully furnished. The staff could not have been nicer, and were always on hand to provide transportation as needed. There is a bar and food available in the lobby any time we wanted, even serving Starbucks coffees! From our room we could see the Washington Monument. The hotel is located with easy access to the Washington sites, as well as being near Old Town Alexandria, and the boats down the Patomic. I would recommend the hotel to anyone.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experiences in your review. I am happy to hear that we were able to accommodate you with our shuttle services. I will also be happy to share your comments with our food and beverage team, they all will be happy to know they have served another satisfied customer. We hope to be your choice on your next trip to the DC area.
Slingerlands, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

After a while, all of these places start to look the same. Once you have the basics in the facilities, what distinguishes a hotel is convenience and service. The hotel is standard Courtyard, clean and comfortable. I did not try the restaurant or any of the facilities.

It is located about a 15 min. drive from DCA. Note that you need to CALL the shuttle, they do not just come around as someone at the airport told me. It came quickly.

The staff was extremely pleasant and helpful. I love "above and beyond" stories. When the shuttle got back to the hotel to take me to the airport, the driver told the manager that there was a huge accident causing delays. Before I knew it, another employee who knew another route was in the driver's seat, and we were there in record time.

Don't hesitate if you need a good, clean, friendly hotel near the airport!

• Stayed April 2013
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Thank you for your review. I will certainly share your shuttle experience with the drivers as well as with the entire staff, this is a great example of how we all worked together to overcome an obstacle to assist a guest in need. It was a pleasure to have you with us and we hope to be your first choice on your next visit to the DC area.
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I love this hotel! This hotel has everything you need for any type of trip! The location is excellent and only a few minutes to DC. The WiFi is free!The Manager and front staff are not only helpful but they could write a book on customer service. Customer service is the number one thing for all of the staff. The people who run the breakfast are the best I have ever seen and the food is fantastic!The shuttle drivers are full of helpful information and they always welcome you with a smile! The pool is the best in the DC area and it is indoors so you can swim all year. If you want to have a great time this is the place to stay!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your comments and experiences in your review. It was a pleasure having you with us during your visit to the DC area. I will happily share your positive comments with our food and beverage staff, front desk staff and shuttle drivers. We hope to have you with us during your next visit to the DC area.

Been to Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South? Share your experiences!