“4 night stay for business” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South

You added Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South to your Saves list
Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4641 Kenmore Avenue, Alexandria, VA 22304 (Formerly Sheraton Pentagon)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
$20 Daily Credit
Ranked #14 of 50 Hotels in Alexandria
Boston, Massachusetts
“4 night stay for business”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Our typical Hilton in the area was sold out for a week, so my co-workers and I were forced to spend a week at this Courtyard. While I still prefer the Hilton, this was not a bad alternative. My co-workers had some issues with cleanliness and an actual roof leak during a torrential downpour, but my stay was perfectly acceptable. The colleague with the leak ended up changing rooms and getting free breakfast, which was only mediocre. Other than some breakfast to go, we did not eat at the Courtyard. My room was perfectly clean and spacious, and I enjoyed having a desk and couch in the room. My biggest issue was being able to hear the highway in the morning and evening. Also, my bill was not complete upon checkout, and I had to go online to get the finalized copy. Though a minor inconvenience, most places I have stayed have the bill ready the morning of checkout.

Room Tip: All three of us could hear the highway from our rooms. Also, avoid the top floor if there are rains...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Thank you for your review. We greatly appreciate your feedback about room blocking, final bill and structural issues, these observations will help us improve the areas where we fell short. I will be sure to share your positive comments about your room cleanliness with our housekeeping team. Your feedback is vital for us to continue to improve and create a better guest experience, thank you for your honesty.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Gig Harbor, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I have had many opportunities to stay at this hotel. Each experience has been wonderful.
Rooms are clean, very comfortable beds,quiet rooms, and great parking. Staff is very courteous and friendly. Shuttle drivers are very helpful and always on time.

"Mrs. Z."

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for a great review of our hotel. We appreciate your loyalty to our hotel. I will be sure to share your remarks with our staff and specifically the housekeeping staff and the shuttle drivers. They will be happy to hear that their hard work is noticed by our guests. We hope to have you with us again very soon.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel multiple times. Every time the experience has been great. The front desk staff go out of their way to accommodate your preferences and make sure that you are satisfied with your stay. The hotel is quiet, the rooms are clean and comfortable, and parking is abundant and secure, not to mention the convience of the location and the amenities. This hotel is truly a home away from home.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your wonderful review and for your loyalty to our hotel. We are happy to hear that you feel that we are your home away from home. I will make sure to share your comments with the staff so they hear your kind remarks. We hope to have you with us again soon.
Tampa, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I wanted to extend my thanks to your wonderful team at the Marriott Pentagon South.

We had a family gathering last week for my father’s burial at Arlington National Cemetery and we all appreciated the fine hospitality extended to our family.Even the shuttle driver went out of his way to get us to the Metro and to a restaurant one evening for a family dinner. Your lobby area was ideal for us all to be together since we came from all over the country for this event . One of our group had an issue with a noisy air conditioner and you quickly moved them to a new room.

Thanks again for a home away from home for all of us last week .

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you very much for your review of our hotel. We enjoyed having you and your family with us during your trip to the DC area. I will be sure to share this with the shuttle drivers so they can see the positive impact they had with you during your stay. We hope to have you with us again in the future should your travels bring you back this way in the future.
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I have had three different opportunities to stay with these folks so far, but there will be more! Each experience has been terrific! Clean, comfortable rooms, great service attitudes from all the staff we encountered ... I like them so much, I will be bringing my family to stay with them this summer when we take my daughter to DC as part of her high school graduation trip !

Bob L

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your loyalty with Courtyard and for sharing your positive experiences about your stay. I will certainly post this review for all of our staff to see. They will be happy to see their hard work paying off with such a wonderful review. We look forward to having you and your family with us this summer.
Johnstown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

It was a very nice stay. The hotel was clean. The staff was very nice. In fact the front desk called up a couple minutes after I got in to the room to make sure everything was ok, which I have never had before. The breakfast was good and they do a good job securing the parking at night. The only one thing that kept me from giving this a 5 overall was we got there around 2:30 in the afternoon on Friday after a day of driving and visiting Arlington Cemetery and were looking forward to jumping in the pool and hot tub before we headed out again. When we checked in we found out the pool does not open on Friday until 5 p.m. I was pretty dissappointed when I heard this since the pool was one of the main reasons we picked that hotel, and we also had to end up moving our dinner reservations up earlier in the evening so that we would have time to come back and swim before the pool closed then. I did not like that at all. At least on Friday the pool should be open earlier. Other than that, it was a great stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Thank you for your review. We were happy to have you stay with us during your visit to the DC area. We will be sure to share your comments with our front desk, security and food and beverage staff . They will be happy to read such positive comments. Thank you for your feedback regarding the pool hours. We will review our hours of operation (deleted ‘to’) during the weekend days to accommodate our guests. This is great feedback that will only help us create a more positive guest experience. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to have you with us again on your next trip to the area.
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I stayed at the Courtyard Pentagon this week for the first time. As other reviews have stated, the staff is very attentive and friendly. General Manager (Keith) was very actively involved ensuring that guests were well taken care of.

I had actually made a mistake and booked this hotel using a lower rate that was non-refundable. As I got closer to my stay, I had to change my plans and cancel one of the nights. I called the front desk and explained my dilemma and they credited my room for the night I needed to cancel without a fuss!!

Would revisit anytime!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Thank you for your review.
It was a pleasure having you with us for your trip to the DC area. We were happy to accommodate you with your changing travel plans and I will be sure to pass along your comments to the front desk staff. We hope that your business travels bring you back to us again very soon.

Been to Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South? Share your experiences!