“Great Hospitality.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South

You added Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South to your Saves list
Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4641 Kenmore Avenue, Alexandria, VA 22304 (Formerly Sheraton Pentagon)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
$20 Daily Credit
Ranked #14 of 50 Hotels in Alexandria
Tampa, Florida, United States
“Great Hospitality.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I wanted to extend my thanks to your wonderful team at the Marriott Pentagon South.

We had a family gathering last week for my father’s burial at Arlington National Cemetery and we all appreciated the fine hospitality extended to our family.Even the shuttle driver went out of his way to get us to the Metro and to a restaurant one evening for a family dinner. Your lobby area was ideal for us all to be together since we came from all over the country for this event . One of our group had an issue with a noisy air conditioner and you quickly moved them to a new room.

Thanks again for a home away from home for all of us last week .

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you very much for your review of our hotel. We enjoyed having you and your family with us during your trip to the DC area. I will be sure to share this with the shuttle drivers so they can see the positive impact they had with you during your stay. We hope to have you with us again in the future should your travels bring you back this way in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I have had three different opportunities to stay with these folks so far, but there will be more! Each experience has been terrific! Clean, comfortable rooms, great service attitudes from all the staff we encountered ... I like them so much, I will be bringing my family to stay with them this summer when we take my daughter to DC as part of her high school graduation trip !

Bob L

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your loyalty with Courtyard and for sharing your positive experiences about your stay. I will certainly post this review for all of our staff to see. They will be happy to see their hard work paying off with such a wonderful review. We look forward to having you and your family with us this summer.
Johnstown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

It was a very nice stay. The hotel was clean. The staff was very nice. In fact the front desk called up a couple minutes after I got in to the room to make sure everything was ok, which I have never had before. The breakfast was good and they do a good job securing the parking at night. The only one thing that kept me from giving this a 5 overall was we got there around 2:30 in the afternoon on Friday after a day of driving and visiting Arlington Cemetery and were looking forward to jumping in the pool and hot tub before we headed out again. When we checked in we found out the pool does not open on Friday until 5 p.m. I was pretty dissappointed when I heard this since the pool was one of the main reasons we picked that hotel, and we also had to end up moving our dinner reservations up earlier in the evening so that we would have time to come back and swim before the pool closed then. I did not like that at all. At least on Friday the pool should be open earlier. Other than that, it was a great stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Thank you for your review. We were happy to have you stay with us during your visit to the DC area. We will be sure to share your comments with our front desk, security and food and beverage staff . They will be happy to read such positive comments. Thank you for your feedback regarding the pool hours. We will review our hours of operation (deleted ‘to’) during the weekend days to accommodate our guests. This is great feedback that will only help us create a more positive guest experience. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to have you with us again on your next trip to the area.
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I stayed at the Courtyard Pentagon this week for the first time. As other reviews have stated, the staff is very attentive and friendly. General Manager (Keith) was very actively involved ensuring that guests were well taken care of.

I had actually made a mistake and booked this hotel using a lower rate that was non-refundable. As I got closer to my stay, I had to change my plans and cancel one of the nights. I called the front desk and explained my dilemma and they credited my room for the night I needed to cancel without a fuss!!

Would revisit anytime!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Thank you for your review.
It was a pleasure having you with us for your trip to the DC area. We were happy to accommodate you with your changing travel plans and I will be sure to pass along your comments to the front desk staff. We hope that your business travels bring you back to us again very soon.
Oakland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

My stay was wonderful!
The staff so friendly and efficient,
The room was extremely clean and very comfortable.
It will be my pleasure to recommend your excellent property to everyone thinking of staying in the DC area.I myself look forward to returning in May. I Would also like to thank Ms. Freweini for her outstanding service she was so helpful and professional.

Thank you again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you for your excellent review, it’s wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I’m also delighted to know that you’d refer your friends and colleagues to us. That’s a great compliment and one that I’m sure our staff will be happy to hear. Thank you for choosing to stay with us, we look forward to welcoming you back in May!
Colts Neck, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I stay at this hotel everytime I have to be in DC or Alexandria, about 15 times a year at a minimum. The hotel makes me feel as though I've come home every time. On my last visit I had been held up in traffic. When I checked in the woman at the front desk asked if my trip was okay, since she normally expects me earlier. This is truly customer-centered service.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you for your review. Thank you also for your loyalty to our hotel, it’s a great pleasure to be your choice hotel in DC and Alexandria, and I’m very happy that you feel at home with us. Our staff takes great pride in providing a warm welcome, and also making sure our guests are comfortable throughout their stay. I’ll be sure to share your comments with them and I’m sure they will be delighted.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I stay there almost twive a month. Every time, I realise how passionate the staff is towards the this particular hotel. An excellent GM, who is obviously, a great leader, is always available working side by side with his staff, greeting the guests & attending their rerquests with a big smile & under serious pressure. This hotel is becoming one of the most popular in that area due to the outstanding service. From the shuttle drivers to the maintainance, Bistro & swimming pool personnels, you can rely on their efficiency & patience. I will always be staying there & recommend it to others as I feel safe & warmly welcomed.

Room Tip: I am a heavy sleeper so, nothing bothers me!