“Dissapointing van service” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South

Save Saved
You added Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South to your Saves list
Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4641 Kenmore Avenue, Alexandria, VA 22304 (Formerly Sheraton Pentagon)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #11 of 49 hotels in Alexandria
N New England
“Dissapointing van service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Called from DCA for the van; was told "about 15 minutes". Waited outside in cold for 50 minutes. Called again, was told "5 minutes". Van arrived in ten. Driver clueless about delay. Front desk also clueless about delay.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you for your review. We deeply regret that your experience with us was disappointing and I want to assure you that this is not up to our standards of service either. In reviewing the situation we found that communication failures lead to the breakdown in service and I’m very sorry that you were affected negatively. I have addressed the mistakes personally to ensure this does not happen again. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel, I would greatly appreciate an opportunity to discuss your experience to see how we can make this up to you.

Thank you again for your review and I hope we will have a chance to serve you better in the future.

245 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed at the Courtyard, Alexandria for three nights with over 70 guests. It was a very enjoyable place. I often travel and stay in a hotel, but my stay in this hotel was unforgettable. At arrival, we were greeted by the most welcoming front desk staff I ever seen. When we checked in, we were presented gift bags that held nice goodies. Within minutes after getting in my room, I received a phone call from the front desk asking me if I liked my room. The next day, our team was scheduled to leave early in the morning for business so the hotel prepared breakfast boxes for all of us as early as 3am and handed us at the lobby. You only get this kind of lavish treatment at Courtyard, Alexandria regardless of the room you’re staying. Clean rooms, coffee and tea in the lobby, breakfast, free shuttle to Metro, etc. All the hotel staff were very friendly and professional. Particularly Freweini, not only she makes you feel like home, she also ensures that your business is taken care of. She was hands on and willing to do whatever needed to be done to execute a flawless event. Her professionalism and exceptional hospitality can be a role model for hotel industry. As everyone in my team said, I will stay there every chance I get.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments regarding our hotel and staff. I also want to thank you in particular for recognizing Freweini for her outstanding service. As you experienced, Freweini is an exceptionally talented hospitality professional and a real asset to our team, especially during special events such as Inauguration. I’ll be sure to pass your comments along to Freweini and the staff.

We greatly enjoyed having your group stay with us and we look forward to the opportunity to serve you again in the future.
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Let me commend you and your team on your SUPERIOR service. Everyone was extremely courteous and responsive from the driver that picked us up from the airport, the person that checked us in, the person working at the restaurant, the Manager walking around asking if we needed anything and cleared our plates, and the Manager that asked us if we were going to the Inauguration and told us the time the next shuttle would arrive. Also, it was a nice added touch to have people waiting at the Train station to help us get back on the van. Your services were 5 star.

Unfortunately, the toilet in my room did not flush properly and I reported it to the front desk. Yes, it was promptly fixed but that’s a situation that a guest should not have to experience.

Thanks for your outstanding service!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the excellent review of our hotel. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us over the Inauguration weekend. With such a special occasion on hand the staff pulled together to have all hands on deck to make sure we exceeded expectations. We’re glad to hear the extra effort was appreciated and I’ll pass on your comments to the staff. I was disappointed to hear you experienced a problem with the toilet and I’m sorry that it affected your stay. It appears this problem slipped through the cracks when we were performing preventative maintenance so I’ll be reviewing our procedures to ensure we do not miss this again. Thank you again for the wonderful review, we hope to see you again in the future.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

We recently stayed at this hotel and had a great stay! It was our first time to visit the DC area and everyone was so friendly and helpful with tips and suggestions. You don't always find a hotel completely staffed with wonderful employees, but you do here! Kudos to Keith, Michael, and your wonderful staff!

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review, I’m glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We work very hard to make sure we have ample resources available to assist our guests with suggestions on the local area. Michael and the staff were delighted to hear their hard work paid off in making your first visit to the area a wonderful one.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Summer and Edna were very professional and friendly while i was checking in. The breakfast was also stellar.My stay here allowed me to sign up for marriott rewards to get more perks the next time i stay here.

Room Tip: You can see the monuments in DC from the upper floors.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Thank you for your review and kind comments. Your acknowledgement of the great service provided by Summer and Edna is much appreciated. I will make sure they know what a great job they have done, and also ensure they are recognized for their efforts.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at the Courtyard Marriott in Alexandria- the employees there were pleasant and accommodating. One in particular, Tom Macellaro, was very nice and provided excellent service. I highly recommend this venue based on Tom and his peers.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and the great service you received from Tom. Our team takes great pride in providing superior service and feedback such as yours further demonstrates the commitment we have to making sure our guests are happy.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.
New Hope, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Throughout the year we make a number of trips to the DC area. In the past we stayed in the District, but for the past few years we have stayed in Alexandria. Love the town and the area. Last year, we stayed at this hotel for the first time and have returned every time we have visited Alexandria. The rooms are clean, comfortable and functional, the staff friendly and helpful, and the location is great for getting around.. Will definitely stay there on our next trip to DC.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, December 8, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the hotel. It was our pleasure to host you during your stay and look forward to hosting you again in the near future. Our staff tries very hard to make our guests feel like family and it is nice to know they did so with you.

Thank you again and see you again soon.

Been to Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South? Share your experiences!