“Great stay; great staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South

Save Saved
You added Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South to your Saves list
Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4641 Kenmore Avenue, Alexandria, VA 22304 (Formerly Sheraton Pentagon)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #13 of 49 hotels in Alexandria
RTP, NC
“Great stay; great staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We stayed at the hotel for a weekend birthday celebration and the stay was great from the time we arrived until we left. The staff was friendly and very attentive. The catered party was great, as the servers went above and beyond and the food was delicious. And the buffet breakfast was better than most. I would recommend this hotel for anyone traveling to the DC area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, November 17, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to review. By your status with Trip Advisor you travel extensively and rate based on your experience. I appreciate the time to write such a good review about the hotel and the staff.

This is why we are in the Hospitality buisness and hearing feedback positive or negative is always positive. I hope we see you again in the near future.

232 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

This hotel is average as far as hotels go. What made our trip more enjoyable were two employees who stood out. Summer at the front desk and Ragoos the shuttle driver. Each time we had an issue (broken hair dryer, tv not working) it took at least 2 phone calls to rectify , unless we were dealing with Summer. Needless to say any other issues we encountered we looked to Summer to help. She was extremely professional and attended to our needs with courtesy and efficiency . Ragoos, also help make our trip much more enjoyable . He made himself available to our shuttle needs and offered great advice as to how to get around the city.

Room Tip: rooms facing the highway were VERY noisy and it made it very difficult to sleep. Rooms on the 8th fl...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry to see that you had issue with your room. I am howerever very glad to see that the employees did a great job in making sure your concerns were met.

Unfortunatly at times guest can experience a issue from a battery on your remote control to your key getting erased. I am glad to see that the issue was resolved, if there is anything else I can do for you please contact me personally.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We had stayed at this hotel before and were pleased when we found a great Marriott Member weekend rate for this hotel. The front desk employee recognized us from our previous visit and was able to upgrade us to a high floor suite. Must say that we were disappointed that the hot tub was not very warm, although they did fix the problem. Guest should be aware that you are close to 395 and that you can here the noise from the highway in the room. Overall though, good stay.

Room Tip: If you are sensitive to noise, ask for a room not facing the highway.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Thank you for writing a nice review about our hotel. I know you can choose a lot of hotels in this area and I am very glad to see you stayed with us. I see we met your needs and a guest by providing a good price for this area.

Our goal is to give a good price and great service and I feel we did so by your review. We hope to see you again in the future.
Fort Mill, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

We stayed at the Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South for the USMC Marathon weekend and were pleased with the hotel and the staff. I highly recommend this property if you ever need to be in the DC area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to go to Trip Advisor and fill out such a nice survey about our staff at the Courtyard. We have one goal and that is to make every guest that walks in the Front Door until the time they leave to enjoy everything the hotel has to offer.

I am glad to see we satisfied you as a guest and look forward to seeing you come back in the near future.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

My stay was highlighted by outstanding customer service daily. The morning breakfast team ensured I had an alternative non pork meat option daily. That made me really feel at home as I came in to start my day. Additionally, the professionals at the front desk knew me by name from the first day I arrived and went out of their way to ensure I had all I needed during my three week stay.
My only issue, and its personal for me, is my bed was way to soft. I have a bad back and I like to sleep on a firmer mattress. I did not raise this issue with the hotel staff but if I did, I'm sure they would have found a way to fix it for me. I asked for a in room mini fridge and microwave and it was delivered the same day, without hesitation.
All in all the customer service was A plus and I would recommend this hotel for a stay.
Hotel prices are a little high but then again this is DC so everything is higher than it should be.
Great stay!!

Room Tip: From comparing notes with fellow travels, it appears the lover level rooms may be shielded a but mor...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Outstanding is one of the word that we do not get tired of hearing at the Courtyard Pentagon South. I know you have several hotel choices as well as others that come to this area. I personally thank you for staying with us and hope to see you again soon.
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

The Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South Hotel is a terrific facility, but your employees make your hotel. Your employees are professional, friendly and always helpful. From the front desk, to the bistro, to the service staff, they all have a smile on their face. Please pass along my compliments to your staff. Thank you for providing such a good product and a comfortable place to stay. See you soon.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for writing such a nice review about our hotel. Our goal is to satisfy every guest that come and stays with us. Judging by your review, we did so during your stay. Our staff is hired based off of the simple principle "HOSPITALITY" and if you do not have it in your heart to help others then you won't work at this location.

I hope to see you again in your future travels to the Washington D.C area.
New Port Richey, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

My stay was wonderful!
The staff so friendly and efficient,
The room was extremely clean and very comfortable.
It will be my pleasure to recommend your excellent property to everyone thinking of staying in the DC area.

I myself look forward to returning in November

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
The Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South would like to thank you for staying with us. We know there are several choices for the guest who is coming to the Washington D.C area and we are glad you choose to stay with us.

Our staff is happy that we made your stay enjoyable and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Been to Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South? Share your experiences!