“Great Weekend Price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South

Save Saved
You added Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South to your Saves list
Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4641 Kenmore Avenue, Alexandria, VA 22304 (Formerly Sheraton Pentagon)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #11 of 49 hotels in Alexandria
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great Weekend Price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We had stayed at this hotel before and were pleased when we found a great Marriott Member weekend rate for this hotel. The front desk employee recognized us from our previous visit and was able to upgrade us to a high floor suite. Must say that we were disappointed that the hot tub was not very warm, although they did fix the problem. Guest should be aware that you are close to 395 and that you can here the noise from the highway in the room. Overall though, good stay.

Room Tip: If you are sensitive to noise, ask for a room not facing the highway.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Thank you for writing a nice review about our hotel. I know you can choose a lot of hotels in this area and I am very glad to see you stayed with us. I see we met your needs and a guest by providing a good price for this area.

Our goal is to give a good price and great service and I feel we did so by your review. We hope to see you again in the future.

245 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Fort Mill, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

We stayed at the Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South for the USMC Marathon weekend and were pleased with the hotel and the staff. I highly recommend this property if you ever need to be in the DC area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to go to Trip Advisor and fill out such a nice survey about our staff at the Courtyard. We have one goal and that is to make every guest that walks in the Front Door until the time they leave to enjoy everything the hotel has to offer.

I am glad to see we satisfied you as a guest and look forward to seeing you come back in the near future.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

My stay was highlighted by outstanding customer service daily. The morning breakfast team ensured I had an alternative non pork meat option daily. That made me really feel at home as I came in to start my day. Additionally, the professionals at the front desk knew me by name from the first day I arrived and went out of their way to ensure I had all I needed during my three week stay.
My only issue, and its personal for me, is my bed was way to soft. I have a bad back and I like to sleep on a firmer mattress. I did not raise this issue with the hotel staff but if I did, I'm sure they would have found a way to fix it for me. I asked for a in room mini fridge and microwave and it was delivered the same day, without hesitation.
All in all the customer service was A plus and I would recommend this hotel for a stay.
Hotel prices are a little high but then again this is DC so everything is higher than it should be.
Great stay!!

Room Tip: From comparing notes with fellow travels, it appears the lover level rooms may be shielded a but mor...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Outstanding is one of the word that we do not get tired of hearing at the Courtyard Pentagon South. I know you have several hotel choices as well as others that come to this area. I personally thank you for staying with us and hope to see you again soon.
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

The Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South Hotel is a terrific facility, but your employees make your hotel. Your employees are professional, friendly and always helpful. From the front desk, to the bistro, to the service staff, they all have a smile on their face. Please pass along my compliments to your staff. Thank you for providing such a good product and a comfortable place to stay. See you soon.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for writing such a nice review about our hotel. Our goal is to satisfy every guest that come and stays with us. Judging by your review, we did so during your stay. Our staff is hired based off of the simple principle "HOSPITALITY" and if you do not have it in your heart to help others then you won't work at this location.

I hope to see you again in your future travels to the Washington D.C area.
New Port Richey, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

My stay was wonderful!
The staff so friendly and efficient,
The room was extremely clean and very comfortable.
It will be my pleasure to recommend your excellent property to everyone thinking of staying in the DC area.

I myself look forward to returning in November

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
The Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South would like to thank you for staying with us. We know there are several choices for the guest who is coming to the Washington D.C area and we are glad you choose to stay with us.

Our staff is happy that we made your stay enjoyable and look forward to seeing you again in the future.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I stayed at your hotel for 3 days and had the most amazing customer service I had every received from any hotel from Tom. Tom went above and beyond for two days helping me with a few urgent things I needed to accomplish. Thank you for the amazing stay at your hotel. Tom was fantastic and super helpful.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. I personally will go on Trip Advisor before traveling and look at where I am staying to make sure its up to par. Your review shows that our hotel provides top notch Guest Service and treat every guest as they were part of our family.

I hope to see you again in the near future when your back in town.
Boca Raton, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Beautiful large spacious room, Excellent service, reasonable, clean and great free shuttle service from airport! Really polite driver too!!! Great view from room on 10th floor and large bathroom. Great food at hotel. There was even a little area that sells asprin and other beauty aides. Very reasonable prices. Loved the FREE coffee in the lobby each morning. They also have choices to just eat a muffin or some fruit at the snack bar. That was ery convenient!

Room Tip: Near Everything...Restaurants,mall,city,shopping.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for staying with us at the Courtyard Pentagon South. Your review was a nice gesture to our staff at the hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you back again in the near future.

Been to Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South? Share your experiences!