“Made our Family Reunion Memorable” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South

You added Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South to your Saves list
Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4641 Kenmore Avenue, Alexandria, VA 22304 (Formerly Sheraton Pentagon)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #14 of 50 Hotels in Alexandria
Harlingen, Texas
“Made our Family Reunion Memorable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

My four sisters, my husband, kids, and elderly parents stayed here for our Dad's Father's Day trip. The service by all areas of the hotel was over the top excellent, and the staff was very professional. The shuttle took us to the airport and back several times, and dropped us off at the Pentagon City Metro stop several times also. The lobby and rooms are very elegantly appointed, the food in the little cafe was great. There is a CVS and a Quizno's right across the street for snacks or emergency items. I would highly recommend this hotel to any visitors to the D.C. area. The rooms are very clean and the neighborhood seems very quiet.

Room Tip: Top floors have a magnificent view of Alexandria, and you can even see the Washington Monument and C...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
It is good to see that not only do we cater to the buisness traveler but to the leisure traveler as well. We are delighted to see your family reunion went down well and I enjoyed each and every one of you that I came in contact with.

Hopefully next time you are going to book a family reunion or just visit the Washington D.C area, you will stay with us. Thank you for the review, we really appreciate it.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

This is a great hotel for the whole family. The Ballroom was very professionally decorated and the food is exellent.The pool is very nice for the kids.The hotel is ideally located between Alexandria and Washington,DC. We will come again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for writing such a nice review about the hotel. Everyone here at the Courtyard Pentagon South are very happy that your stay was great. I know you have a lot of hotels to choose from and I thank you personally for choosing our hotel.
Hopefully we will see you again in the future.
Somerset, Massachusetts, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

This is a great hotel, if you like to be spoiled and made to feel special!

I stayed at this hotel with my sister and her family. The manager (Jin Hoon, I believe was his name) who checked me in went to the trouble to make sure our rooms were right next to each other. On top of that, I had mentioned (in passing) that is was my birthday, that day. The next day, after coming back from visiting D.C., there was a piece of cake and card with a birthday note waiting for me on our bed.

The service is great . . . the rooms are spacious and beautiful .. . the staff are eager to please.

The pool is warm . . . the breakfast is huge . . . parking is safe.

I would suggest that if you plan to stay at this hotel, you should get the package that includes 2 free breakfasts and free parking. Well worth it!

My only complaint would be that the shuttle service leaves something to be desired. While the hotel and driving staff try very hard to accomodate and be as quick as possible, the vans are small and can only hold a small number of peole compared to those who wish to use the service. If they had a mini-bus, it would be so much better.

But I would absolutely stay at this hotel, again!

Room Tip: When you call, make sure to ask if they have any specials. They are very accomodating with the room...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, June 10, 2012
Thank you for spending your vacation with us and I am glad to see you enjoyed your vacation. We want to be a hotel that not only caters to buisness travelers but also to families and guest visiting Washington D.C.

Next time you are in town, we look forward to you staying with us again.
Princeton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

The hotel is ideally located to commute to Alexandria and Washington, DC area. The hotel staff is excellent and very courteous. I have been staying at this place for Business and pleasure for the last 4 years and I never had any complaints. They recently upgraded the rooms and the lobby and under the new management, it is a pleasure to stay at this property. I highly recommend this hotel to travelers and enjoy a professional staff and great place to stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Thank you very much for the kind review. I am glad to see you enjoyed your stay with us and continue to stay with us when you are in town. Our employee really take pride in satisfying the guest and your review will be shared with everyone at this property.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Norman, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012 via mobile

This is an older but very nicely updated hotel. The decor is nice and beds are very comfortable. It is not near a Metro so you'll have to rely on the hotel shuttle which seems to run often enough. They'll take you to the Pentagon City stop which takes about 10 minutes with no traffic. They will also pick you up from Reagan National. There is a Quiznos, 7-11 and a grocery store right across the street. Rooms were very quiet. WiFi was fast enough. Immediate area seemed pretty safe. If you're high enough up on the east side of the hotel you get a bit of a view of the Capitol and Washington Monument.

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, June 2, 2012
Thank you for writing about your recent stay at the Courtyard Pentagon South. Our team takes pride in treating each and every one of our guest like family and I am glad to see that we were able to provide you with a exceptional stay.

The metro is only about 4 miles away but with all of the traffic in the Washington D.C area, I understand at certain times of the day, the commute can be tough. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Alexandria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

If you are looking for a hotel 5 minutes from DC that is clean, new and tasty this is the one! This hotel recently completed a complete interior renovation. The lobby, rooms and meeting spaces are sharp and modern. Earlier this month the hotel put on a Cinco de Mayo celebration for it guest, the food and drink was simply fabulous I did not want to leave! The large ball room is perfect for parties or business meetings. The staff is what I call "easy going friendly" always helpful and smooth.
I highly recommend this Marriott.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Thank you, for the nice response and glad to see you enjoyed your time at this property. We hope to see you again in the near future. The time you take out of your day to give such a kind review is thanked by all the staff at this hotel.
Birmingham, AL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

Booked a King Room, and when I arrived (just before midnight) I found that they had put me in an accessible room. I called the desk and was told they could move me the next day, but they didn't have any other rooms available.
The shower head was hand held and did not fit into the holder (had to hand hold), the light over the shower was out. These were never addressed.
I chose this hotel after calling them to ask about the shuttle to the Metro. I used the shuttle the first day, when I arrived at the station (Pentagon City) I called and was told they would be there in 15-20 minutes. After 50 minutes I called back and was told they were on their way...an hour and 10 minutes later they arrived. There were a few other issues but I won't elaborate.

Room Tip: There are no restaurants or shops within walking distance...you'll need a car or taxi.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, May 25, 2012
I understand your frustration and apologize for the shuttle concerns. Our hotel is known for great guest relations and most of the guests are very happy with their stay. At times we fail to meet the expectations of a guest and I am sorry it happened during your stay.
Next time you are in the area please let me know, we would love to have you back.

Been to Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South? Share your experiences!