“Very accomodating staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South

You added Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South to your Saves list
Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4641 Kenmore Avenue, Alexandria, VA 22304 (Formerly Sheraton Pentagon)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Stay for Breakfast!
Ranked #13 of 50 Hotels in Alexandria
Chattanooga
“Very accomodating staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

Friends and I recently stayed at the Pentagon South Courtyard, and found it to have a very friendly and helpful staff. From the front desk, to the bar and restaurant, the staff was flexible and helpful. They have a shuttle that runs every 30 minutes to the airport, local mall, and subway transportation. When I missed one shuttle to the airport, they pulled out the second shuttle so I would make my flight. I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, April 21, 2012
The #1 service in the Hospitatlity buisness is service and the staff you bring on board to your hotel is the difference from a guest perspective. I see that we were able to provide a great service to you and a warm and hospitable staff.
This review will be passed onto the entire staff so they can all share in the excitement that we provided you during your visit. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Saugus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

I recently had the opportunity to stay at this Courtyard Marriott for four nights. As you can see by my rating reviews my stay was excellent. The staff was extremely pleasant and helpful. They were always willing to answer any questions we had and never made us feel like we were a bother. They offered suggestions regarding particular tours and then proceeded to book them for our group. We had two adjoining rooms each with two double beds in them. The rooms were immaculate and the beds extremely comfortable. We also took advantage of the convenient shuttle service which ran every half hour. I would highly recommend this hotel and look forward to my next stay at this Marriott Courtyard Pentagon South Hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for the great review that you gave our property. It was a pleasure serving you and your family. I am glad to see that your stay was FANTASTIC and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Our sincere goal is to provide you with a service that you will take away long after you check out and I am glad to see that we did so. Thank you again on behalf of the entire staff at the Courtyard Pentagon South.
Clover
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

I have been a Platinum level member # 941138 with Marriott for a long time and have stayed in Mariott Hotel through the world. The service my wife and I received at our stay last week at this hotel was outstanding. There was one person, TOM, that works at the front desk really stands out with his smiling face, friendly personality and professionalism.
A employee like Tom makes you want to return to this hotel. OUTSTANDING JOB, TOM.

Room Tip: All rooms have been updated, upper floors have a good view of Washington
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, April 19, 2012
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I see you really enjoyed Tom and the outstanding service he provided you. Tom is a wonderful representation of the staff that we bring into the hotel. Tom is a hard working employee and has a very positive can do attitude and it reflect on the guest as you personally experienced.

Tom has been recognized for his outstanding customer service and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

Wow is a great word when talking about this hotel. The rooms are great and you will get a great night sleep in their wonderful beds! The location is excellent! The staff will do anything and everything to make sure you have a fantastic stay! They have a pool that is huge and the water is perfect temperature for a great swim!

Room Tip: The food is great and the staff that makes the food are great! The shuttle drivers know everything a...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us and taking time out of your busy day to write such a positive review about our hotel. It is a priveledge to have been able to make such a good impression on you that you as a busy guest would take the time out to write about us.

All I can say is WOW and thank you
powell
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

The staff was good and helpful. We were always greeted with "Welcome Home" and the Bistro Staff really tried their best to be helpful.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to review or hotel. Alexandria Pentagon South from all the employees to myself are happy to see that your stay was GREAT. We like to make every guest feel at home when they stay with us and everytime we hear of a guest stay that was exceptional, then as a hotel it makes us feel good that we were able to provide top notch service.
On behalf of everyone employee at the hotel, we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

We had a GREAT time staying here! The customer service was above and beyond. Smiling, friendly, helpful, professional front desk staff. The hotel shuttle was very accomodating to hotel, metro etc. The drivers were personal, professional and informative of the area. The Bistro was OUTSTANDING! My family ate there each morning, and we had dinner there as well. Everything we had was excellent! Would highly recommend... and the atmosphere in the Bistro was inviting as well! Housekeeping was always there when we needed, willing to help and accomodate. We enjoyed the pool and hot tub area. Location was good too... it was nice to have a pharmacy and grocery across the street for quick unexpected needs. The state of the art technology in the lobby as far as mapping of the area, weather etc. was especially nice to view each morning, the lobby seating area was professional, comfortable and welcoming to both the business and leisure traveler. The GM took time to personally speak with us for a few minutes to ensure our needs were met and to recommend sites. WE LOOK FORWARD TO A FUTURE STAY, AND HIGHLY RECOMMEND TO BUSINESS AND LEISURE TRAVELERS ALIKE! Thank you to the wonderful staff for making our stay memorable! :)

Room Tip: Rooms recently renovated - cant go wrong. We were in a King Suite, so it fit well with my family, al...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us, I am glad to hear that your stay was exceptional and the staff was outstanding. Our goal is for guest to be completely satisfied and knowing that we met and exceeded the goal with you is a great feeling.
We hope to see you again in the future.
Cortland, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

I've been traveling and staying in different hotels since I was a kid, and this was by far one of the worst. You walk in thinking it will be a great stay because of the nice lobby and bar, but that's a joke. The outlets in the lobby don't work, so don't bother trying to charge your phone while you wait 20 minutes to get your room key. I hop you like steam because the vents in the bathrooms don't work. The stairs are scary, because there isn't a mirror mounted on the wall so you can see who or what is around the corner. I did not feel safe using those at all. When it comes to the staff, they were rude and inconsiderate. I was yelled at twice in two days over the same issue from different people. If they had posted signs telling me I could not take my food from one room to another., Say something when you see me doing it or put up a sign.instead of confronting me while i'm in the middle of conversation and start reprimanding me, demanding to see my "coupon" for the food. I'm with a group, the group leader has it, not all of us were given one, but it was part of the money I paid your hotel. On top of everything, my first night, there was a blood stain on my blanket. Obviously they don't change the sheets

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Keith M, General Manager at Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, responded to this review, April 9, 2012
I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay at our property. I understand how it can be upsetting when a group you are traveling with does not inform you about their arrangements for breakfast. Our staff is committee to quality service and building geniune guest relationship that will last for a long time. In the future we will do a better job in making sure groups that check into our hotel notify the members of their group about breakfast arrangements.

Been to Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South? Share your experiences!