“Good hotel if not expecting much” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South

Save Saved
You added Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South to your Saves list
Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4641 Kenmore Avenue, Alexandria, VA 22304 (Formerly Sheraton Pentagon)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #12 of 49 hotels in Alexandria
Los Angeles, California
“Good hotel if not expecting much”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

We stayed here for a family trip when visiting Washington DC. I didn't have a problem with the staff like some of the other reviewers had, in fact they seemed to be pretty pleasant so maybe they're reading these reviews.

Honestly, I do not think that this hotel is awful for the price that you are staying there for. They have free wifi (that is a little slow) and computer downstairs for guests to use. Parking is $10, however they do have a free shuttle that runs until 10pm and will drop and pick you up from the metro station ( the drive to the metro station is about 5 mins). From the metro station, you can take the metro in to DC or the airport with out a problem.

The hotel is small and doesn't offer too many amenities. It is pretty much a just the basics kind of hotel. I didn't have any problem with the cleanliness of the hotel, it was average. Definitely nothing I would call dirty or feel uncomfortable staying in.

Across from the hotel is a small shopping center with a grocery store, seven-eleven, cvs, and pizza shop. So if you forget anything its nice to just walk across and grab a toothbrush or late night snack. One thing to keep in mind, everything around the area is residential or business, not really too touristy so there aren't many restaurants outside the hotel and the ones there are close fairly early (around 6-8pm).

I would recommend this hotel for people traveling on a budget who don't need all the extra frills of hotel staying.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

248 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2011

Arrived at hotel Saturday afternoon around 1230pm. Per the front desk clerk, room not ready yet, OK, no problem. Asked to leave luggage, and come back later to check-in. Had lunch, went back to hotel around 245pm, noticed people in line being checked in. Once we got up to the desk, the same clerk said "our" room still wasn't ready, now it's 3pm? A bus load of high school girls, their teachers and parents arrive? It's a ZOO! He finally checks us in. Later that evening when we get back to the hotel, we realize he's placed us on the same floor with the girls. Now there's a security guard in the hallway at a desk. My husband lost it, they moved us. But I wont be going back to this Courtyard ever. The rest of the staff was curtious and professional, but that front desk guy, has issues.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2010

Don't book thru third party or you will regret it. Priceline charged my card. Then Marriott charged me again. They gave me a receipt for 10.00 for the one day parking and said the rest was handled by Priceline. So happened to check my Credit card account and noticed extra 72.81 charge by Marriott. I called them up. Here is where i was shocked. Refused to acknowledge, discuss, admit or help in any manner. Since i booked thru 3rd party it was on me to fix it - call Priceline etc.. I explained that it was obviously an error on their part and if they would just review the records on my stay - cut off - told Marriot could not help - out of their hands.

I left email with Priceline - good luck with that!

Next i called my credit card company and filed a dispute. Faxed information over. Confident it will be resolved.

As Southwest Airlines says "You have a choice when you travel.... . Well thank you for Marriott simplifying my life by permanently taking their name of my list of hotels.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
ringwood
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2010

Reading the past reviews I was hesitant to stay here. This is a large typical Courtyard. The staff was very helpful and the rooms were clean and modern. The only downside is if you have the view of DC you will also have the highway traffic noise. I would stay here again, no problem.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
West Orange, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2010

I have been staying at this hotel for quite sometime, and it seems the more I stay the worst it gets!!! Housekeeping is horrible all they do is make the beds...THAT'S IT! They don't clean the toilets, I checked in this week, when i went to my room to use the bathroom there was feces in the toilet, GIVE ME A BREAK, ENOUGH, IS ENOUGH!! YOU COMPLAIN THAT DONT DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT! NOTHING AT ALL! So as of next week i will be at a HILTON!!! MARRIOTT YOU NEED TO GET ON THE BALL! I WILL NEVER STAY AT THIS HOTEL AGAIN, I DONT CARE IF I HAVE TO PAY A LITTLE MORE!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Dahlonega, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2010

My stay at this hotel was disappointing. When I checked in, the desk attendant could not explain what she needed to articulate to me (I had reserved the room on a credit card, but wanted to pay for it in cash. She said I kept "twisting" what she said. Once that situation was straightened out, I parked my rental car in the Marriott garage (separate from the hotel). The garage is hold, and not maintained well. It was dirty. The elevators were old and dirty. The lobby of the hotel, although very presentable and nice, emitted a very pungent and overpowering room deodorizer smell. Much to my chagrin, the elevators in the hotel were old and dirty like those in the parking lot. The corridors smelled a little strange, and the carpet was stained in more than one place. The lobby and rooms were what one would expect from a Marriott Courtyard, but definitely not the $100.23 per night I paid (including tax). Id recommend on passing on this hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
Washington, DC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2010

I was disappointed in the hotel from the moment I checked in. For starters, the hotel is not super-easy to get to as it is hard to spot from the road. There is no parking when you pull up and no signs telling you where to go; eventually you figure out that you are supposed to leave your car by the NO PARKING sign at the curb as you check in. The first room they gave me was above the outside HVAC system, and was too noisy; I asked to switch and they moved me from a suite to a regular room (and tried to charge me the same price). Even the new room was loud, as the walls were paper thin and I could hear the TV from the next room. The bed was mushy instead of firm.

Overall, a disappointing stay.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South? Share your experiences!