“Clean and tidy” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #35 of 50 Hotels in Alexandria
Greater Perth, Australia
“Clean and tidy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Have just spent time at the Crowne Plaza Alexandria before our tour and after the tour.
The hotel it self is clean and tidy.
I would like to let the management and future clients know to stay away from the hotels restaurant Railston Gastropub. The first time we went for a meal there the person behind the bar (Romainian) was very rude to a guest at the hotel, he in fact asked her what her problem was because she was coming across so abruptly. Today we went into have meal before we left for the airport. We sat down and was seated for 15 minutes before we anyone came near us and that was because I got up and asked the woman if the restaurant was open. She took our order, it then took another 10 minutes together our drinks (no one else was in the restaurant ) it then took about 30 minutes to get our meal. When it came time to pay our check the woman behind the bar said she had no change and had to get the manager to change it for her, this then took another 15 minutes. The woman behind the bar is rude, abrupt and not a very nice person to deal with. Management should be aware of this as it reflects back badly on the hotel.

• Stayed July 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Potomac, Md
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Five friends and I stayed here for one night in 3 rooms. The rooms were clean, attractive, inviting, and larger than we find in similar hotels. We were able to comfortably play cards in our room. The staff was outstanding - exceedingly cooperative. They shuttled us directly to our restaurant and brought the chairs we needed to play cards to our room-all with a great attitude. Great experience.

Stayed July 2015, traveled with friends
Brisbane, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed for one night as part of a tour group it was all bad from the minute I arrived the porter slammed my expensive suitcase into the gutter snapping a wheel said they would send engineering up to see if it could be fixed no one bothered to show, so now I'm stuck with a 3 wheeled bag for another 3 weeks.
The bed in my share room was the worst bed I've ever had the displeasure of sleeping you wouldn't even use it in a spare room let alone a hotel the mattress sides where collapsing on all sides.
Good location but would not ever stay at this hotel and would not recommend terribly disappointed.

Stayed July 2015, traveled solo
La Crosse Va
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

From the check in to check out, this hotel was not up to par. Front desk staff very unfriendly, I was given free wi-if as a reward for being a gold points member, wi-fi never worked and the staff said just read your instructions, never connected. The room was clean, but very small. We did eat at the restaurant, we waited 40 min for food, it was good, nothing special. The website advertises free buffet but not the case. We would not go back or send anyone here.

Room Tip: Not the usual Crowne Plaza experience
  • Stayed July 2015, traveled with family
Hotel S, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Old Town Alexandria, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Saylors,

Thank you for you feedback and comments on your experience at our hotel. Your experience is important to us. We strive towards the goal that each guest has a great overall experience. We regret we did not obtain that goal in your instance. We apologize you had issues that took away from you having an exceptional stay. We apologize that our staff's attentiveness was not exemplary during your stay with us. We train our staff to exceed our guest's expectations. We apologize that we were sub par in serving you. Thank you for sharing your views and experience with us and thanks for choosing us, we hope you will return that we may better serve you.
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I stayed 2 nights at the end of May. Based on the first night, I'd give the hotel 3 stars, it's a pretty average hotel in a good location - clean rooms and comfy beds. It wasn't impressive but was the value I had expected.
The 2nd night was the worst experience I have ever had with a hotel. First of all, their "high speed" internet offering, which comes at an additional $10 per day charge, was useless in the evening. I was trying to get work done before my flight the next day, and the download/upload speeds were clocking in at less than 1mbps. I ran a speed check twice, each time it took over 20 minutes. Needless to say I was getting no work done and the service I paid for was a joke. I couldn't get decent speeds until after 11pm, so I was up until 2am finishing my project.
Fell asleep, then 2 hours later I wake up to my room's phone ringing. I hang it up. It rings again and I knock it off the hook to sleep. 10 minutes later someone is knocking at my door incessantly. Louder and more persistent until I get out of bed, get dressed and open the door. It's the hotel security saying the front desk needs to talk to me because I'm not answering my wake up call. I explain that I did NOT order a wake up call, but the guard insists I need to talk to reception. So at 4:30am, I am dragged out of bed and to the lobby where I tell the front desk that they have the wrong person. The guy working the desk doesn't apologize for the mistake, instead he acts like I'M mistaken about who I am and which room I am in. Eventually he agrees someone at the hotel must have made an error and says sorry, but offers nothing. I had to specifically ask for a late check-out so I could try to sleep, which he gave. Then I asked if there is anything else he can do, sine I had paid this hotel for a place to sleep and they had ensured I got none. He offers me a breakfast voucher. I take it, still frustrated, and return to my room where I can't fall back to sleep. I see that the hotel has a "guaranteed wake-up call" card, saying if they miss your wake-up call they'll refund that night at the hotel. At check out I request the same courtesy, as I absolutely did not get the service from the hotel that I had paid for (being allowed to sleep). They tell me since I booked through a third party site, they can't refund the night. They cancel my internet charges of $20 and call that good. No offer of voucher or anything else. So I left the hotel and proceeded to Dulles for my 25 hours of travel (turned into 50 due to cancellations and delays) to get to Kenya, on 2.5 hours of sleep. Also, when I was at the front desk they said it was a flight attendant they thought to be in my room. So likely there was a delayed flight out of DC that morning because an attendant didn't get her guaranteed wake-up call from this hotel. I understand that mistakes get made, but I was overall extremely disappointed by how the hotel handled the situation and would not recommend anyone stay here.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled solo
Dear Kammi S,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. Your experience is important to us. We regret hearing that our friendly service was not a part of your experience. We train our staff to exceed our guest's expectations and it is our goal that each guest would have a great overall experience while staying with us. We sincerely apologize for the egregious mistake of awakening you when you did not request a wake up, and for the lengthy amount of time it took away from your rest to rectify the error. We are very disappointed we failed in extending to you our best in accommodations and services. We do thank you for comment and hope you would consider returning to give us a second opportunity to serve you and accomplish our goal to exceed your expectations.
welling
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

comfortable beds and nice hotel. Buffet breakfast, only bother if you're hungry, else pop over to cafe opposite. Wonderful location, the old town is so nice and an even walk away where you will find lots of restaurants, harbour and shops. Excellent supermarket round the corner if you would rather have take away food, fruit etc. One evening restaurant, typical American fayre. Does have happy hour.

• Stayed June 2015, traveled as a couple
Hotel S, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Old Town Alexandria, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear hammeretteWelling,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay. It was our pleasure to serve you. It is our goal that each guest would have a great overall experience that exceeded your expectations. We apologize we did not meet the standard of service you were expecting. We are glad to hear your accommodations were very comfortable, and that the hotel was at the perfect location for you. Glad you were able to enjoy what our area had to offer, the scenery and nearby activities. We hope you will choose us again when and, if you are in the area again.
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Checked in for 4 nights on rewards for golf trip. Great checkin and good bar which we used. after 2 nights moved to a friends house and got the 2 nights points back, great staff and hotel is well located. Would return again.
The best thing about the hotel is the front desk staff, very helpful, breakfast was a bit of a disaster with little staff input, that was the only down part

Stayed June 2015, traveled with friends
Dear Peter T,

Thank you so much, for your comment we always look forward to hearing from our guest on where we can improve. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. Glad we were able to provide you with a service that was accommodating, affordable, clean and that we were the best location for your travels. We train our staff to supply our guest with service that would exceed our guest's expectations, which we're happy to know we accomplished. We are happy you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for choosing us, and hope to see you again soon.