Stayed for two nights.
• Person at check-in was professional and pleasant
• Gym on the ground floor was ok, although…
o the elliptical I used using was flashing a sign requesting a battery replacement. (I reported this issue to the front desk although I didn’t get the sense that the person was going to do anything about it. Could be wrong here.)
o Container for hygienic wipes at the gym was empty.
• Both plugs in the outlets in the bedside lamps didn’t work.
• After checking in around 7p I turned the sink on and got only cold water. Very cold water. I waited a bit and then called the front desk, although it took me four attempts to get someone to answer, and then I was put on a very long hold. The person who answered said that there were water issues with some rooms and other rooms simply had to just run the water for several minutes to get it hot. (It would have been nice to have been told that at check in.) When I asked if I was in a room with a hot water issue or if I just needed to let it run, I was told that she didn’t know and she would send maintenance. A very nice person from maintenance quickly arrived, assessed I had functioning hot water but advised I would have to run it for quite a bit to get the water up to this higher floor. It took 11 minutes (both nights) to get it hot. I am from Calif and we are having a drought. It seemed incredibly wasteful to me to have to run water this long yet in the cold mid-Atlantic I was in great desire for hot water. My issue here is that the front desk representative could have advised me at check in how to manage the water issue, saving me the time of calling down four times and having maintenance come to my room.
• I ordered room service. It was delivered in a short window and although the kitchen was out of my first choice the item I ordered was okay. I placed my tray out and 12 hours later it was still right outside my door.
• No safe in the room
• When I went to report the gym equipment issue I asked the front desk representative if she could re-issue my breakfast voucher as I didn’t feel like going back to my room to get it. She asked my name and then my room number, which I couldn’t recall. She then asked when I was checking out, a fact I did know. She then handed me a replacement room key. Apparently, she misunderstood my request or I was unclear. The fact that I was given a room key without any form of ID and that there aren’t safes in the room is completely disturbing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to our New Old Town Alexandria Hotel You'll enjoy a convenient location and top-quality amenities when you stay at the newly renovated Crowne Plaza of Old Town Alexandria. Our hotel is only two miles from Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA). Located near Washington DC, our Alexandria, VA hotel is in close proximity to many attractions. We're only eight blocks from the shops and historic homes on Old Alexandria's revitalized waterfront. Walking tours of the city of Old Town and Potomac River Cruises of the nation's capital's monuments begin just a few miles from our Alexandria hotel. Our hotel near Washington, DC is also ideal for business travelers because we're a short drive from many corporate offices, like Robbins Gioia, International Association of Chiefs of Police, the Pentagon and the many museums, bureaus and government offices of Washington, DC. We also offer the convenience of eight meeting rooms, a 24-hour business center and high-speed, wireless Internet access. While lodging in Alexandria, Virginia, hotel guests can enjoy a relaxing setting with our fitness center, Sleep Advantage program with new, comfortable beds and spectacular views of the Potomac and city from many rooms. From our hotel restaurant, Chequers, to our complimentary shuttles to the airport, Metro/Subway and King's Street, a convenient stay awaits you at the Old Town Alexandria Crowne Plaza. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Crowne Plaza Hotel Old Town Alexandria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Alexandria
- Alexandria Crowne Plaza