“Good value in pleasant location” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #29 of 49 Hotels in Alexandria
“Good value in pleasant location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

The hotel offers good value compared to other chains in Old Town with Wi Fi, breakfast and parking included in my rate. Facilities were good although there is no pool unlike the holiday inn and hilton. Although not on Kings Street the hotel is a safe 10 minute walk from the shops and restaurants and a shuttle is also run. The Potomac side offers nice views towards DC. Service was good with a good selection of food for both room service and the bar.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Hotel S, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Old Town Alexandria, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Dear JL,

We appreciate your compliments, positive recognition of our staff and feedback on our hotel. It is our utmost pleasure to serve you. We are very happy to hear that our location was well suited to your plans and travels in the area. Thank you for choosing to stay with us, we are looking forward to you returning to our area to serve you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Galveston Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Positives- Great location in Old Town, free shuttle to airport, great view of Potomac from the room.
Negatives- I did not see one employee smile the entire time there. Front desk at check in- Only a "do you have a reservation?" No conversation, interest, or information on internet, breakfast options, etc. I was traveling with a colleague and our rooms were right next to eachother. Her room had a fridge. Mine did not. One of my pet peaves is when housekeeping doesnt replace the coffee. I had to call down both mornings for more coffee. Rooms service breakfast one morning took 45 minutes. And my breakfast and internet showed up on my colleagues bill even though we had separate rooms and credit cards. Room was clean and comfortable but trash in the hallways and by elevators was left there for more than 24 hours on two separate occasions. The Railstop Bar was ok but again, not very friendly staff and one bartender could not speak English. HOWEVER- Staff recommended our restaurant that we were there on business for two separate times so that was good.
I work for hotel/restaurant company so I may be extra critical. So that being said- I would stay there again at a really good rate but the staff really needs to gain personality and just SMILE. Dont act like every time I am in front of you, I am an inconvenience or interuption. The only person who was awesome was the Chef who we road in the shuttle with from CP to Holiday Inn down the road.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Hotel S, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Old Town Alexandria, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear GypsyTravel78,

Thank you so much for your comments, we always look forward to hearing from our guest on where we can improve. I am sorry that you had an issue with our staff's services. It is our goal to make sure every one of guest has absolutely fantastic stay. We are constantly training our staff to make sure our guests are satisfied. We are sorry that you felt that we did not live up to that goal. Your comments will be shared with our staff to encourage efforts of generous hospitality. We are anticipating your returning to serve you again soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

The price was just right. It was clean and the staff was very helpful. We only ran into one issue when the power went out our last morning. The hotel staff was very helpful and offered free coffee. It is located about eight blocks from King Street.

Stayed October 2013
Hotel S, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Old Town Alexandria, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear JaneenG
We appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback. We glad that we were conveniently located to your travel plans in the area. We're happy we could accommodate during the unforeseen power outage in the area. We try to make even the unexpected not so uncomfortable for our guest. We are glad you chose us, and we look forward to serving you on your return.
Huntington Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

I was here for Week with our National Sales Conference.

Nice place, good facilities & good food.

Internet service here is not good (it's slow at best) and costs $10/day. This needs to be upgraded to be a great place for meetings.

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Dave K,

We appreciate your comments, your positive recognition of our services and your valuable feedback on our hotel. It is our utmost pleasure to serve you. It is our goal to provide our guest a great overall experience. We apologize that you were not pleased with the WiFi service. We have recently made changes with our WiFi provider to improve the speed and connectability for our guest. We are glad you chose us, and we look forward to serving you on your return.
Launceston, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

There are free shuttles every half an hour to the Reagan airport, and hourly 2-10pm to King St (where the food choices are). We ate at the Gastro pub in the hotel last night. Very very nice, but slow to receive food. Staff at desk of hotel not very friendly. Rooms quite nice.

• Stayed October 2013
Hotel S, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Old Town Alexandria, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear MrsCoulson-555,

Thanks for the observations and the feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. It's great to hear that you liked our room accommodations. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior. However, I am sorry that we failed to meet your expectations in a few areas. Please accept our sincerest apologies that our guest representatives appeared to be unfriendly. Your feedback is very important to us as this continually helps us improve the facilities and services we offer to our guests. We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope you will continue to choose IHG for your travel needs.
Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

We stayed here during our visit to Mount Vernon. We really enjoyed our visit. The room was comfortable and very clean. I was even "dared" by my boyfriend to wipe the top of the pictures in the room and I didn't find a speck of dust! Great job Housekeeping! The room was spacious, bed was comfortable and the bathroom was very clean. Check-in was smooth and both front desk agents were pleasant and friendly. The room overlooked tennis courts, a playground and a dog park. Seemed kindof ironic since I was missing my two little dogs at home. So we walked down to the dog park and talked to the friendly people down there. The TV worked well and it seemed like it had a lot of choices. Parking was $20 and we didn't mind since this was a weekend mini-vacation for us. Internet for the room I think was $9.95 and although I had my Kindle with me, I really didn't need internet. I could of checked email downstairs for free on my Kindle or I could of used one of the two complimentary computers in the lobby area. We had a very good experience and it was perfect for our trip. Thank you staff at Crowne Plaza! This was a special birthday trip for my boyfriend and he loved your hotel! See you again!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Worry FreePhilly,

We appreciate your comments. We take pride in your positive recognition of our staff, feedback on our services and hotel. It is our utmost pleasure to serve you. It is our goal to provide our guest a great overall experience. We are happy you enjoyed your stay and anticipating your return to serve you. So try not to make it too long before you return again.
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

I picked this hotel because it was supposed to be near everything and I thought it would be a good deal since hotels in Washington were expensive on that particular weekend. It was a real downer after coming from a Westin, the room looked shabby in comparison! I was disappointed in the room and hotel in general and really just wanted to leave. I was annoyed that there was no safe in the room and was really glad I was only there one night. I was amazed that the star rating was 3 and a half.....1 at best. Not going to be a return guest for sure.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Hotel S, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Old Town Alexandria, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear Karen_SB6344FF,

Thanks for the observations and the feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. Your comments are vital in helping us to continue to assert improvements where it is necessary. We apologize that you were not pleased with your experience with us. Our primary goal is that all of our guest experience with us is to be an exceptional one. We apologize that we were unable to accomplish that goal for you. If in the future you are needing to store your valuables, we offer safety deposit boxes no charge at the front desk. We hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Old Town Alexandria? Share your experiences!