“Nice mid price hotel with great front desk staff and good location.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Hotel Old Town Alexandria

You added Crowne Plaza Hotel Old Town Alexandria to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Hotel Old Town Alexandria
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #29 of 50 Hotels in Alexandria
“Nice mid price hotel with great front desk staff and good location.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel under this name and the Ramanda dozens of times over the last twenty years for business and I can't ever remember being disappointed. Just there for a couple of nights had a nice room with a view of the river. Front desk and bell staff helpful and polite. As a runner it is right in the path along the river close to old town etc. Is it high end no but a nice solid hotel for a good price. Resturant is fine if you don't want to go out. The intuitive thing different than last year was what appeared to be homeless people around the front door not once but every time I walked in and out. Staff seemed to know them hey maybe or was the GM

• Stayed February 2013
Hotel S, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Old Town Alexandria, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Thank you for your comments and being a loyal customer to us. We really hope you let us know the next time you will visit with us. Being a runner we could tell you of other activities for your exercise and enjoyment. We will pass on your positive feedback to our staff.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I am a Priority Club Gold member and recently stayed at the Crowne Plaza Old Town Alexandria twice within a month--once for seven nights and the other for three nights. The room was comfortable and the view of the Potomac was excellent. The room service and especially the front desk staff (like other guests, extra kudos to Ashiya) made our stay special! As a frequent traveler, I appreciate your service and hospitality!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Hotel S, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Old Town Alexandria, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Thank you for the being one of our Loyal Priority Club members and having such positive feedback for us. We are glad and it our pleasure to have made your stay an enjoyable one. We hope the next time you visit us you will take advantage bikes we have available for the our guest to explore the area. There's a farmer market near by if you happen to stay over on a weekend you might enjoy.
Merchantville, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

This hotel was very average and bland. Rooms are a little outdated and in need of upgrades, we had a partial view of the city. We came during inauguration so it was madness the entire time. Not enough staff was on duty to handle the large groups in house. It was pointless to ask the front desk any questions because we would have to stand in line for 30 minutes to ask a question. Not impressed...
We had an issue being double charged for parking but when we called a nice lady corrected the mistake without any hassle. Thank you!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Old Town Alexandria, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear HotelLove88,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. . I was delighted to read that after some initial issues with your stay, these were soon sorted and this allowed you to enjoy your stay with us. We will always endeavor to ensure that all our guests stays are comfortable. I would also like to apologize for any inconvenience the room conditions may have caused you. Your comments are being reviewed by the hotel's management and appropriate action will be taken.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

I recently had a , three day stay at the Crown Plaza. I was having a bad day but went to check-in and was greeted by the front desk staff. I'm sure they seen that I was upset at the the time, Ashiya was great and very professional. She let me know about things to do in the area and I thank her for that. Had a great one and stay.

• Stayed January 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I recently stayed here for a business trip to the area, the front desk staff were prompt in checking me in and I was provided free drink tickets for each day I was there which was a nice surprise. Breakfast at the restaurant was included in our work package with the hotel, otherwise I would have not eaten there. Food was just ok. The food at the Gastropub was good though for dinner. I had a crab cake salad and the crab was very fresh. The amenities were nice and the bed was very comfy. Overall a good stay for a business trip or a short vacation to the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Hotel S, Administrator at Crowne Plaza Hotel Old Town Alexandria, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Thank you for all the great comments we love the positive feedback. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am glad to hear that our location worked out so well for you that you would consider it also a great location for your vacation. It was our great pleasure to have delighted your appetite in our restaurant. Since you were here previously for business the next you stay with us, try the bicycles that we have available that our free to our guest to enjoy the area. We look forward to seeing you again in the future for your vacation.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

So coming here, I thought this place was really really nice, starting at the front desk, as a Priority Club member and platiium status, you would think they would recongnize you for that status. Not at all!!! I thought an upgrade would come, Not all all. Rooms are not that impressive at all. Nice views of the city and the water, but that's about it. This is not was I expect of an Crown Plaza and I feel it's way over priced for what I paid for this place. The staff does not appear they have a clue what they are doing. Im so looking forward to checking out of this place and to never return. I would not recommend this place, unless you have no other choice. This is most likely why they offered bonus points to stay here.

Room Tip: Try to get a presidental suite, if you can, that's about the only way you will enjoy this place...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Hotel S, Administrator at Crowne Plaza Hotel Old Town Alexandria, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
I am sorry that your stay was not up to your expectations. Thank you for the feedback and we are going to address your concern with our associates. As our loyal customers as yourself are the basis of our growth and recognition. Our intention at the Crowne Plaza is to make you feel as comfortable in our hotel as you would if you're at your own home. I apologize if the room you stayed in with the water view room was not a sufficient upgrade. Please let us know when you return again so we give you the service we you so desired initially.
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I absolutely love this hotel. There is an unlimited amount of things to do in walking distance. Bikes, trails, dining, king st, shopping .... unlimited!

Staff is always helpful. And it's always clean. Most hotels in my opinion could use a little updating in the bathrooms - but not everything can be brand new. I've never had a bad stay here!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Hotel S, Administrator at Crowne Plaza Hotel Old Town Alexandria, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for all the great comments we love the positive feedback. It is truly our pleasure to service our guests. I am glad to hear that are location worked out so well for you. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, hope you enjoyed the bicycles that we had available that are free to our guest to enjoy the area. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Old Town Alexandria? Share your experiences!