“Nice view, short walk to King St.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #28 of 49 hotels in Alexandria
Valdosta, Georgia
“Nice view, short walk to King St.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Stayed here on business. Staff friendly and helpful. Room was clean. Hotel has shuttle to and from Reagan airport, and to King St for shopping and restaurants. Quiet area and away from hustle and bustle but not too far to get to DC area attractions.

358 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Not the best Crowne Plaza I have ever been to, but wonderful location to experience Old Town Arlington, which is worth the visit. The rooms are average, but very clean. The staff will go out of their way to accommodate you. I would without hesitation recommend or stay again.

UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I stayed here for five nights on business. The hotel and room itself were clean and well presented. Alexandria Old Town proper is about 15 minutes' walk south of here and the nearest Metro station (King Street) is around 30-40minutes' walk.
The location is a mix of good and bad, it's right on the shores of the Potomac and there's a pleasant promenade area along the waterfront with a view into the centre of Washington DC and the Capitol Building. However, the river is the approach for the National Airport so aircraft noise is noticeable (or was in my room) but not oppressive.
If you're going to regularly be using the Metro I would recommend staying somewhere slightly closer, that being said it is a pleasant walk through the suburbs and there is a shuttle bus.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the DC side, from the higher floors there will be a view to the Capitol.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Hotel S, Administrator at Crowne Plaza Hotel Old Town Alexandria, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
We thank you for you comment. We strive for guest to have a pleasant stay with us. When you stay with us in the future, we do have sleep amenities for your room to help suppress any disturbances while you are sleeping. You are right about the view, we had many compliments of the rooms view of the Capitol. Again we hope that next stay with us that will be just as pleasant.
jjenred5
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I made a reservation here for myself and two colleagues and really only did because something was going on in town and everything else in DC and Alexandria was booked. But I was pleasantly surprised.

It's nothing to take pictures of, it's very functional, but it's clean and the staff is very nice and helpful. It does the job and is priced appropriately.

Feels a bit like a commuter hotel - lots of airline staff, military, business people and some families.

The beds are very comfy (though I'm not a fan of high pillows which is all they had in my room), the food in the restaurant is surprisingly good, there's a shuttle every thirty minutes starting very early in the morning to the airport. One of my colleagues is a runner and loved the nearby trail. If you can get a high floor the views are good. Free wifi and b&w printing in the lobby. It's a quick trip into the city.

A couple small things that bugged me - in my room the bathroom fan was quite loud and always went on whenever the light was turned on, and the paid wifi is not very strong but adequate if you don't have massive files to transfer.

The place itself clearly hasn't been renovated in a long time but the staff is doing a great job with what they have to work with.

There are a couple restaurants within a block or two and a ton about ten blocks away.

The parking is an open air lot. Twice heard a train over my four night stay but wasn't bothered by the planes at all. There's a Trader Joe's nearby which is helpful for longer stays.

This is not a trendy luxury hotel, but if you're ok with that, for the price, it's a really great option.

Room Tip: high rooms have good views
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Decent hotel, but the parking fees and internet fees for non rewards members will keep me from ever returning. Rooms are decent, check in was not the friendliest but others through the week were much friendlier. Also hotwire is not eligible for points on rewards card.

Room Tip: Beware of the paid parking and internet
Hartland, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights and didn't have any problems at all. The staff was extremely friendly. They let us check in at 10:30 am, which was wonderful since we had driven all night. The rooms were clean and the view was great. I did notice a slight musty smell when we first got to our room, but I must have gotten used to it. Overall, it was a pleasant stay.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Orlando
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The first room I check into smells like someone used it as a public restroom. After switching to a clean room I cannot stay connected to the wifi as it turns on and off every few minutes. When it is working it struggles to even pull up googles homepage. I call the front desk about the Internet and they could care less. They have no idea why it's not working and when they transfer me to someone that can help I get hung up on. I give up on the Internet and go to take a shower and mid shower the water turns cold, freezing cold. This is one of the worst hotels to stay at in the area. There are plenty of better options for close to the same price. Do yourself a favor and book elsewhere, I can see a nice Sheraton nearby that I wish I had stayed at.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Old Town Alexandria? Share your experiences!