“Great Location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 50 Hotels in Alexandria
Michigan town
“Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel four times now, each time for business. It's a great location with a free shuttle from Reagan National and to downtown Alexandria, King Street. Nice, clean room and nice amenities if you are a Priority Club member. My only complaint is the service in the lounge and the lack of a restaurant for lunch/dinner. You can eat in the lounge but with a VERY limited menu.

I do think I will try the Sheraton Suites for my next visit to Alexandria.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Case Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Old Town Alexandria, responded to this review, December 12, 2011
Dear weekendgetaways010,

Thank you for your review, I am glad you enjoyed your stay.
However I am a little confused by this. You state that there is a lack of restaurant for lunch
and dinner, however the Crowne Plaza is a full service hotel and our restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. You also state at the end of you review that you will not stay at Sheraton Suites for your next visit. Our hotel is called the Crowne Plaza. I do thank you for the high ratings however I fear you may have posted your review on the wrong page.

Thanks
Katie J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Jeedah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2011

When you try to choose a hotel you should also look for the staff of the selected hotel. In this hptel, I felt I am home not hotel. Clean, calmn, location and great staff. I would appreciate Florivi ,the most professionnal receptionest ever seen, also the front desk manager. I would recommend this hotel for any one who is looking for such great monent to stay

Room Tip: Sea view is marvalous
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Des Moines, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2011

I was staying four business for three nights in Mid November, The room was great as well as ther service. I want to give specail recognition to a night desk worker, who on mu last night noticed I was roaming the lobby, we spoke and I said I was unable to sleep. She went and got me some "sleepy time" tea bags and hot water. It helped! Sometimes it is the little things that make an impression. Her name was Getenash Samuel, I thank her!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011

Have been staying at this hotel for years. John in Reservations always helps me get great rooms, and it's a nice walk along the water down to King St. and plenty of restaurants...

Strasburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

We got a 12th floor river view room thanks to the help of the other reviewers on this page. The front desk personnel were friendly and helped us decide when, where, what, and how to visit the places on our itinerary. Despite the warnings on the web sight we had free parking and a free hot continental breakfast every morning. This may have been due to our Thanksgiving weekend stay when it was considerably less crowded and businesses quite generous throughout the town.

The room was clean and comfortable and housekeeping was good about visiting daily without being too conspicuous.

Now for the negatives: We never could get our lap top to connect in the room and relied on one of the two complimentary PCs in the lobby, not a problem on a weekend in November but certainly through the week or in the summer would cause many delays.
Breakfast was good every morning but by the third day I longed for a little surprise, of course I suppose I could have had a bowl of cereal for something different.
We used Expedia to get the points and our best price.

Room Tip: Our 12th foor room had a wonderful view of the river.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Old Town Alexanderia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2011

Our stay at Crowne Plaza Hotel Old Town Alexanderia was great and we are satisfied with the service we get. At the front desk Nasra and Flonvi were were given us a warm welcome and helped us our stay to be very enjoyable. They are very good and know what they are doing, which is very profesional and exellent service. Crowne Plaza has to be proud to have efficient employees like them.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Madison, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

My stay at this property was definitely a mixed experience- some good and some bad. On the plus side, the hotel is located conveniently to Reagan National Airport with frequent complimentary shuttle service. Check-in was smooth, and as a Priority Club member I was offered coupons for a free drink (beer or wine) and appetizer each evening and a free complimentary breakfast each morning. In addition I was given a free goodie bag at check-in that included an apple, chips, and bottled water. I had a room witha great view of the Potomoc so I definitely encountered some nice things. Unfortunately, the room was in poor shape- the carpet was not tacked down (glaringly so) in a few places; a ceiling mounted light fixture was not flush with the ceiling; water pressure was inconsistent; and the picture on the flat screen tv was awful- many stations were "snowy" and the audio was difficult to hear. I stayed several nights at the pproperty and the free appetizer was not always offered each night and the breakfast buffet was ok but at times the "hot" food was cold, which is inexcusable. The location is near Old Town Alexandria, but it is about a 15 minute walk away so it's not as close as many other properties- this was not a big deal to me, but if that's important to you then stay elsewhere. I do not plan on staying at this property again- too many negative issues that impacted my stay.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Old Town Alexandria? Share your experiences!