“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Richmond, VA
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2010

Very nice hotel. Staff extremely professional and attentive. Room very clean and comfortable - quiet location just off King St. Only stayed one night but hope to return for a longer visit.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
morrison_house, General Manager at Morrison House, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, March 23, 2010
Dear Janie100,

On behalf of the Morrison House I wanted to write to thank you for the comments you provided about your recent experience at our property. We're thrilled that you enjoyed yourself with us and do hope you can make it for longer than just one night next time!

We want to be the best loved hotel in Alexandria. If there’s any additional feedback you have on how we can continue work toward that goal simply contact the hotel directly and ask to speak with me. Thank you again and I hope we see you soon.

Morrison House Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2010

The Morrison House is a classicly styled hotel where the staff makes you feel welcome. The rooms are well appointed and comfortable. During my week long stay each staff member was helpful, courteous, friendly and professional. Did I mention each staff member? Quite impressive. The dining room serves excellent food and has an excellent selection of wine and beverages. The Managers Special each evening features wine and an opportunity to greet fellow guests. The hotel sits on a quiet street a half a block from King Street in Old Town Alexandria where you find a large range of restaraunts and bars all within close walking distance to the hotel. A great hotel in a great location. You won't regret staying here!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
morrison_house, General Manager at Morrison House, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, March 17, 2010
Dear Stickball,

On behalf of the Morrison House I wanted to write to thank you for the comments you provided about your recent experience at our property. We're thrilled that you enjoyed yourself with us and very grateful for your kind feedback about our staff. We agree that they're a very special part of our success.

sanford, nc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2010

This is a delightful small hotel in Old Town Alexandria! The staff is exceptional; call you by name, happy to accomodate any requests and a pleasure to be around. The facility is very attractive and well kept. We will definately stay here again....and a real bargain for the price!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Lawyer and Wife,

Alexandria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2010

My spouse and I recently celebrated a birthday by enjoying an evening at the Morrison House. We were so impressed with the level of service provided by the staff to add special touches to our stay. The food at the restaurant was divine and the atmosphere was elegant yet maintained a cozy ambience with locals singing along in the piano bar.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear EBTalexandria,

On behalf of the Morrison House I wanted to write to thank you for the comments you provided about your recent experience at our property. We're thrilled that you enjoyed yourself with us and very grateful for your kind feedback. We're quite honored you trusted us with your birthday celebration and hope you return soon. We've recently expanded our music nights to Tuesday through Saturday so come join us again!

Alexandria, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2010

Morrison House is a small boutique hotel with about 50 rooms. The rooms are all cozy and well-appointed, with high four-poster beds, traditional fireplace mantles, two-sink bathrooms, large tubs, and dimmers on all lights so you can set everything just the way you like it.

What really sets this place apart and will keep you coming back is the fantastic staff. Everyone here is friendly and will do whatever they can to help you. This includes valets, housekeeping, front desk, restaurant/bar, the events coordinator and the general manager. After staying here just two or three times, staff members recognized us and remembered our preferences. And they are all so cheerful! They are happy to see you, happy to help you, happy to chat with you, or happy to leave you alone if you want.

For the rare times when something goes wrong, the staff takes immediate action and makes sure the problem is solved. Several months ago, there was a mix-up and the valet was unable to locate my car keys. The desk staff immediately got me a taxi and gave me money out of petty cash to cover it. A manager stayed in touch with me by phone until they found my keys a few hours later, and then they waived my parking fee for the inconvenience without me even asking for it. Staff members had the power to fix my problem without getting preapproval from management and did not need any prompting from me.

You'll also love the nice little touches. There is a wine reception in the front parlor every evening at 5 pm. If you don't want wine, there is also soda, apple cider, and hot chocolate available, and the general manager will circulate to talk with guests and offer yummy nibbles from the kitchen. Turndown service includes chocolates and a card indicating the weather forecast for the next day or two. The closet is stocked with really comfy robes and a large umbrella to use when needed.

At Morrison House, I feel like every aspect of my stay has been thought out and executed very well. Whoever planned and stocked the rooms paid attention to all the details. But again, it is the staff here that really makes the difference. When you have to be away from home, Morrison House feels like another home and the staff makes you feel like part of their welcoming family.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
morrison_house, General Manager at Morrison House, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, February 26, 2010
Dear VAgirl02,

Cincinnati
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2010

Having stayed at nearly all the Kimpton brand Hotels in the DC area this is a great choice for someone looking for a sophisticated hotel with a quiet and elegant charm. Staff is very knowledgeable and attentive without being fussy. You can relax and stay in or head out just a half a block to King Street for all the food and shopping you want.

Note that the pool and fitness facility is offsite about 4 blocks away at another Kimpton Hotel .

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
morrison_house, General Manager at Morrison House, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, February 22, 2010
Dear CincinattiBMan,

On behalf of the Morrison House I wanted to write to thank you for the comments you provided about your recent experience at our property. We're thrilled that you enjoyed yourself with us.

US
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2010

I am so glad I found this hotel! The location is incredible...got 'stuck' in the snow storm, but hardly felt 'stuck'. The staff was more than accomodating, going out of their way to make sure I had everything I needed. Extremely helpful in keeping on top of which restaurants were open (due do the storm). The rooms themselves are extremely comfortable and cozy. Best nights of sleep I've had in months! Complimentary coffee in the morning, wine and hot cocoa in the afternoons. I did not eat at the restaurant, but had room service twice, once for dinner and once for breakfast - both quality meals. Although there is not a fitness center on premises, guests have access to the gym at Hotel Monaco, another Kimpton hotel just a few blocks away. Could not have been a better stay. My thanks to the entire staff! I will definitely be staying here again.

Dear L0vet0travel88,

On behalf of the Morrison House I wanted to write to thank you for the comments you provided about your recent experience at our property. While we're sorry that the recent storms impacted your stay, we were thrilled to have had the chance to host you! Thank you as well for your feedback about our guest services team; they're a very special part of our success.

Thank you again and I hope we see you soon.

Best,

Morrison House Hotel

Been to Morrison House, a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!