“Fantastic experience - you will feel very welcome” 5 of 5 stars

Upgrade Your Stay
Ranked #4 of 49 Hotels in Alexandria
GreenLeadersGold level
Washington, D.C.
“Fantastic experience - you will feel very welcome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2010

The Morrison House is a charming hotel that makes every effort to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable. From hot coffee, hot chocolate and hot cider on cold winter afternoons to red and white wine set out (complimentary) before dinner, every minute just flows nicely and beautifully. The staff is friendly and available and every request is honored. I highly recommend the restaurant and especially the cocktails made by the fantastic bartender.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
morrison_house, General Manager at Morrison House, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, February 12, 2010
Dear DCMich55,

On behalf of the Morrison House I wanted to write to thank you for the comments you provided about your recent experience at our property. We're very happy that you had a special time and truly appreciate your feedback about our amenities and also our staff. I completely agree that they're a very special part of our success!

If there’s any additional feedback you have on how we can continue to make the Morrison House your favorite hotel in Alexandria simply contact the hotel directly and ask to speak with me. We also recommend that you check out the Morrison House - a Kimpton Hotel on Facebook.

Best,

Morrison House Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Middletown
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2010

I am a frequent business traveler and have had the pleasure (and displeasure) of staying at many different locations throughout the country - whether thru business meetings, outings, seminars, etc. It can be especially taxing when you are the one responsible for running them.

I have used several Kimpton properties as "home base" for some of these events and they never fail to exceed my every expectation on service, hospitality, cleanliness and reliability - especially the Morrison House. The hotel is beautiful, the staff is extremely attentive and neither I, nor my associates have ever had an issue - in fact, its tough to take credit for the accolades as I truly don't deserve them - this hotel does.

I have brought my family along (two young children) on select trips and they are treated wonderfully in a safe and clean environment. Whether business or pleasure, I would strongly recommend this hotel - you will not be disappointed, and neither will your associates.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Dear Hanni33Middletown,

On behalf of the Morrison House I wanted to write to thank you for the comments you provided about your recent experience at our property. We're very happy that you had a special time in our hotel and that it works for you both personally and professionally, we try to accommodate every need!

Best,

New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2010

I recently stayed and must say the wait staff was amazing. They went out of their way to make sure my room service order was perfect. They made several trips to bring each course separately and with perfect temperature - the meat was hot and the ice cream was cold :). Cant wait to visit again in the Spring!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Dear DeniseH01,

On behalf of the Morrison House I wanted to write to thank you for the comments you provided about your recent experience at our property. We're very happy that we kept the hot side hot and the cold side cold for you. It's a lost art our Room Service team is very proud of!

NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2010

We've been to Morrison House several times and we are never disappointed. The service is attentive and everyone is gracious. Even our dog was warmly welcomed! Our room was clean and comfortable and the linens are wonderful quality. This is a small, intimate hotel within walking distance to great shopping and restaurants. We always feel welcomed and we always have a wonderful stay. Highly recommended!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Lola9,

On behalf of the Morrison House I wanted to write to thank you for the comments you provided about your recent experience at our property. We're very happy that we were able to make your pet feel welcomed as well. Many of us at the Morrison House have pets as well, so we know the importance of treating them like family.

western massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2010

This Kimpton property is located in Old Towne, just across the Potomac from DC in a very walkable area. You have easy access to the harbor, shops and restaurants. Morrison House is a boutique hotel of 45 rooms. We booked online and think the value with the amenities was wonderful. Enjoy a complimentary wine hour on Friday night with horsdoevres. The continental breakfast consisted of hot pastries, fruit, juice and a hot beverage served to you by a gracious wait staff.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear YogaPal,

On behalf of the Morrison House I wanted to write to thank you for the comments you provided about your recent experience at our property. Please come back and see us anytime, especially in that we're hosting a complimentary hosted Wine Hour each day for all of our guests. We're thrilled to be offering this signature Kimpton amenity.

Charlottesville, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2010

My wife and I got trapped in Alexandria for the Blizzard of 2009 and had the most wonderful time at the Morrison House. There were little to no services available in the whole area but the Morrison House met our every need. The staff was beyond helpful, the food at the Grille delicious! We had a lovely view of the holiday lights in the near distance of the main street in Old Town (King Street) with the snow falling lazily down. It was magical!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Dear BradleyJD,

On behalf of the Morrison House I wanted to write to thank you for the comments you provided about your recent experience at our property. It was quite an exciting storm, we're thrilled you had a great time with us.

California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2010

If you want an old Alexandria experience, and a staff who go out of their way to make you feel welcome, this place is for you.
The rooms are very clean, with great beds! The restaurant and bar are good as well (a bit pricey, however), and it's nice to have room service available 24 hours.
The hotel is centrally located in the town, but off the main King Street, so it's very quiet-really a perfect location, near dozens of shops and restaurants.

Folks from the west, like us, might be a bit overwhelmed by all the door opening, smiling, bag carrying, helpful service. At times it's almost unsettling how eager everyone is to be of service at the Morrison House. But you get used to it! :)
Overall, a great stay!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Dear Ityr2001,

On behalf of the Morrison House I wanted to write to thank you for the comments you provided about your recent experience at our property. We're very grateful for your feedback on our staff, we do aim to please!

Morrison House Hotel

Been to Morrison House, a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!