“Friendliest and most accommodating place we have every stayed.” 5 of 5 stars

Book Now and SAVE!
Ranked #6 of 49 Hotels in Alexandria
GreenLeadersGold level
Liberty Lake, WA
“Friendliest and most accommodating place we have every stayed.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2009

From the moment we arrived at the Morrison House, we were treated with respect and friendliness. Every staff member was very accommodating in every possible way. Beautiful and clean room. They even printed out our boarding passes for our return flights home. Wonderful place to stay, close to everything in Old Town Alexandria.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
morrison_house, General Manager at Morrison House, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, October 10, 2009
Dear 10Paces,

On behalf of the Morrison House I wanted to write to thank you for the comments you provided about your recent experience at our property. We're extremely grateful for the kind feedback about your stay with us and I want to thank you as well for the comments about our staff, they truly are a friendly and warm bunch of people!

If there’s any additional feedback you have on how we can continue to make the Morrison House your favorite hotel in Alexandria simply contact the hotel directly and ask to speak with me. Thank you again and I hope we see you soon.

Morrison House Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2009

The Morrison house is absolutely fantastic. It is in a great location, has an absolutely beautiful/ unique decor and the staff is phenomenal.

We visit hotels pretty often and this is definitely one place we'd return to and recommend. Other great things are the boutique feel, very private and has these beautiful sitting rooms to hang out in.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Dear Louey08,

On behalf of the Morrison House I wanted to write to thank you for the comments you provided about your recent experience at our property. We're extremely grateful for the kind feedback about your stay with us and thrilled that you'd consider us again in your travels. We hope you return soon.

texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2009

MY wife and I had to find a hotel at the "SPUR OF THE MOMENT"so we looked at so many hotels around D.C.,THE MORRISON HOUSE was the first one that I really looked at in ALEXANDRIA VA, as it was my job to pick the hotel. MY wife handled the flight .I fell in love with the advertisement and picked it. Afterward it turned out to be one of the best decisions that i have ever made..MAN.did i get some points for the choice.IT was beautiful when we arrived,and it was located perfectly in old town ALEXANDRIA. WE walked everywhere as we did not need a cab to get around.When we arrived at the hotel we have never had such good treatment from start to finish on a trip.WE were total strangers in town and shortly afterward we felt like we were royal family members.THE rooms were so beautiful and clean.THE maid also cleaned the room to perfection everyday.ANOTHER point that needs mentioning is the fact that the hotel is located in a very safe place.YOU can actually walk around late at night.I want to clarify that i had previously never heard of this place,nor did i know anyone connected with it',It was not recommended to me by anyone.I found it by chance and i highly recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
morrison_house, General Manager at Morrison House, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, September 30, 2009
Dear Cowboy 049,

On behalf of the Morrison House I wanted to write to thank you for the comments you provided about your recent experience at our property. We're extremely grateful for the kind feedback about your stay with us and am very happy that the arrangements you made worked out so well. Thank you as well for the comments about our staff, they truly work to treat everyone like royalty.

Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2009

The Morrison House sets the standard for exceptional customer service. I have been a frequent business traveler for the last fifteen years and I can confidently say that the staff at the Morrison House set a new benchmark for the quality of hospitality that hotels should aspire to. This was by far and away our best hotel experience. Our room was charming, comfortable and quiet. The location worked well with great access to restaurants and Old Town. The walk to the metro is a bit long, but reasonable and can be off-set by a ride on the free King Street trolley that runs every twenty minutes. My wife and I were celebrating our 25th anniversary and the arrangements that Brett made for us at the Chart House were truly first rate – best seat in the house, a personalized menu, visits from the manager and executive chef, and a complimentary dessert all made for an unforgettable dining experience

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Dear Mjdcolorado,

On behalf of the Morrison House I wanted to write to thank you for the comments you provided about your recent experience at our property. We truly appreciate your entrusting us with such an important milestone in your marriage; congratulations and happy 25th! We're thrilled it went to your expectations. I'm also extremely grateful for the kind feedback about Brett, he's a central part of the success of our property.

If there’s any additional feedback you have on how we can continue to make the Morrison House your favorite hotel in Alexandria simply contact the hotel directly and ask to speak with me. Thank you again and I hope we see you on your 26th Anniversary!

Texarkana, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2009

Location was great and within walking distance of everything I needed to see and do. The room was very comfortable and I looked forward to relaxing after spending the day on business or sightseeing. The staff always bid me a "pleasant day" when departing and a "welcome back" upon my return - always with a smile. One of the best overnight busniess trips I have experienced.

WIll most likely return to the area on a mini-vacation with my wife and this is where we plan to stay.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Dear Harley47TexarkanaTX.

On behalf of the Morrison House I wanted to write to thank you for the comments you provided about your recent experience at our property. I'm extremely grateful for the kind feedback about our staff and agree they're a very special group of people. We're also looking forward to your bringing your family with us next time. If there's anything you're celebrating or something special we can do to make it a memorable experience, please contact us before your arrival so we can assist.

jrockett
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2009

My wife and I stayed at the Morrison House for one night for a brief get away. The staff there (especially Brett and Abdullah) were outstanding in their attitudes and effort to help. It was the caliber of service you usually see at a 5-Star hotel like a Ritz Carlton, but for $179 for King room in Old Town! Great value for the money if you want to feel like you are in a nice European hotel (based on the size and decor) right in the heart of Old Town Alexandria. There are countless restaurants and shopping surrounding the hotel. One thing to note is that the only on-site parking option is Valet, which is $20 per day. That's very reasonable for valet in a city, but I didn't know that before staying there.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
morrison_house, General Manager at Morrison House, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, September 7, 2009
Dear Jrockett,

On behalf of the Morrison House I wanted to write to thank you for the comments you provided about your recent experience at our property. We're extremely grateful for the feedback and appreciate the kind feedback regarding Brett and Abdullah. I completely agree they're a very special part of our success. I also want to thank you for the constructive criticism regarding our parking charges. We've done audits of local rates for parking and found them to be in line with what the other garages are charging. That said, I'd like to offer some suggestions for your next visit on how to limit what you pay for parking:

1. We offer a discounted rate for any hybrid parking at our hotel due to our EarthCare program which incorporates environmentally sensitive practices into our operation.
2. We are located just blocks from the King Street Metro, and from the ferry service at the end of King Street, which has regularly scheduled service to Georgetown, National Harbor and Mount Vernon.
3. Best of all, leave the car home. Fly into Reagan National and we'll be glad to have our complimentary shuttle pick you up.

West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2009

Morrison House staff have made our several stays very comfortable and pleasant. The location is great - right downtown in Alexandria - and the rooms are very comfortable.

Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Dear zn-325,

On behalf of the Morrison House I wanted to write to thank you for the comments you provided about your recent experience at our property. We're extremely grateful for the kind feedback about our staff; they're a very special group of people.

Morrison House Hotel

Been to Morrison House, a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!