“Outstanding service - A new benchmark” 5 of 5 stars

Stay & Savor
Ranked #4 of 50 Hotels in Alexandria
GreenLeadersGold level
Colorado
“Outstanding service - A new benchmark”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2009

The Morrison House sets the standard for exceptional customer service. I have been a frequent business traveler for the last fifteen years and I can confidently say that the staff at the Morrison House set a new benchmark for the quality of hospitality that hotels should aspire to. This was by far and away our best hotel experience. Our room was charming, comfortable and quiet. The location worked well with great access to restaurants and Old Town. The walk to the metro is a bit long, but reasonable and can be off-set by a ride on the free King Street trolley that runs every twenty minutes. My wife and I were celebrating our 25th anniversary and the arrangements that Brett made for us at the Chart House were truly first rate – best seat in the house, a personalized menu, visits from the manager and executive chef, and a complimentary dessert all made for an unforgettable dining experience

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
morrison_house, General Manager at Morrison House, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, September 30, 2009
Dear Mjdcolorado,

On behalf of the Morrison House I wanted to write to thank you for the comments you provided about your recent experience at our property. We truly appreciate your entrusting us with such an important milestone in your marriage; congratulations and happy 25th! We're thrilled it went to your expectations. I'm also extremely grateful for the kind feedback about Brett, he's a central part of the success of our property.

If there’s any additional feedback you have on how we can continue to make the Morrison House your favorite hotel in Alexandria simply contact the hotel directly and ask to speak with me. Thank you again and I hope we see you on your 26th Anniversary!

Morrison House Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Texarkana, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2009

Location was great and within walking distance of everything I needed to see and do. The room was very comfortable and I looked forward to relaxing after spending the day on business or sightseeing. The staff always bid me a "pleasant day" when departing and a "welcome back" upon my return - always with a smile. One of the best overnight busniess trips I have experienced.

WIll most likely return to the area on a mini-vacation with my wife and this is where we plan to stay.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Dear Harley47TexarkanaTX.

On behalf of the Morrison House I wanted to write to thank you for the comments you provided about your recent experience at our property. I'm extremely grateful for the kind feedback about our staff and agree they're a very special group of people. We're also looking forward to your bringing your family with us next time. If there's anything you're celebrating or something special we can do to make it a memorable experience, please contact us before your arrival so we can assist.

If there’s any additional feedback you have on how we can continue to make the Morrison House your favorite hotel in Alexandria simply contact the hotel directly and ask to speak with me. Thank you again and I hope we see you soon.

jrockett
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2009

My wife and I stayed at the Morrison House for one night for a brief get away. The staff there (especially Brett and Abdullah) were outstanding in their attitudes and effort to help. It was the caliber of service you usually see at a 5-Star hotel like a Ritz Carlton, but for $179 for King room in Old Town! Great value for the money if you want to feel like you are in a nice European hotel (based on the size and decor) right in the heart of Old Town Alexandria. There are countless restaurants and shopping surrounding the hotel. One thing to note is that the only on-site parking option is Valet, which is $20 per day. That's very reasonable for valet in a city, but I didn't know that before staying there.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
morrison_house, General Manager at Morrison House, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, September 7, 2009
Dear Jrockett,

On behalf of the Morrison House I wanted to write to thank you for the comments you provided about your recent experience at our property. We're extremely grateful for the feedback and appreciate the kind feedback regarding Brett and Abdullah. I completely agree they're a very special part of our success. I also want to thank you for the constructive criticism regarding our parking charges. We've done audits of local rates for parking and found them to be in line with what the other garages are charging. That said, I'd like to offer some suggestions for your next visit on how to limit what you pay for parking:

1. We offer a discounted rate for any hybrid parking at our hotel due to our EarthCare program which incorporates environmentally sensitive practices into our operation.
2. We are located just blocks from the King Street Metro, and from the ferry service at the end of King Street, which has regularly scheduled service to Georgetown, National Harbor and Mount Vernon.
3. Best of all, leave the car home. Fly into Reagan National and we'll be glad to have our complimentary shuttle pick you up.

West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2009

Morrison House staff have made our several stays very comfortable and pleasant. The location is great - right downtown in Alexandria - and the rooms are very comfortable.

Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Dear zn-325,

On behalf of the Morrison House I wanted to write to thank you for the comments you provided about your recent experience at our property. We're extremely grateful for the kind feedback about our staff; they're a very special group of people.

Burke, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2009

I reserved a room at the Morrison House as a surprise for my husband's birthday this year. This was also a last hurrah before we have our second child, so I was hoping that the experience would be particularly special for us. We were definitely not disappointed!

The layout of the hotel along with our room were very comfortable with a unique design. The bed linens and the toiletries were really outstanding. We are used to getting up at 7:00 and slept in until 9:00!

We had a handwritten note in our room upon our arrival welcoming us to the hotel. After being in the room for just a short while, we got a call from downstairs asking if our room was to our satisfaction, and we were treated to complimentary glasses of wine to help us settle in. We even had homemade cookies set out for us when we got to our room.

The turn-down service was great. Not only did we get little chocolates, but we also got a card letting us know what the weather would be like for the following day.

I think that this hotel is a great value for the quality of service that you get. I would definitely stay at this hotel again -- particularly for a special occasion.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
morrison_house, General Manager at Morrison House, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, August 25, 2009
Dear kmh3h,

On behalf of the staff of the Morrison House I wanted to write to thank you for the comments you provided about your recent experience at our hotel. We're delighted that your husband's birthday celebration went so well. Thank you for sharing your 'last hurrah' with us before the addition of your new family member and congratulations from all of us!

If there’s any additional feedback you may have on how we can continue to make the Morrison House your favorite hotel in Alexandria simply contact the hotel directly and ask to speak with me. Thank you again and I hope we see you and your new baby at the Morrison House soon!

Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2009

We stayed at The Morrison House as part of a family event. I must say I was charmed from the minute we pulled up outside the hotel, and my pleasure lasted the entire time we were there. It is a lovely, small, boutique hotel. The public rooms are lovely and comfortable, and the guest rooms are cozy and VERY comfortable. The staff was welcoming and accommodating for our entire visit, and I know the other members of our rather large party felt the same way. We all dined at the hotel in a banquet room, and the food was quite good. I got a great night's sleep and had a lovely breakfast the next morning. I highly recommend the Morrison House Hotel.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
morrison_house, General Manager at Morrison House, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, August 18, 2009
Dear Trnmgr,

On behalf of the staff of the Morrison House I wanted to write to thank you for the comments you provided about your recent experience at our property. We're delighted that your family's gathering went so well; thank you for trusting us with your special event!

If there’s any additional feedback you may have on how we can continue to make the Morrison House your favorite hotel in Alexandria simply contact the hotel directly and ask to speak with me. Thank you again and I hope we see you and your family at the Morrison House soon.

Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2009

I highly recommend this hotel. From check-in to check out, I felt very well treated. From chambermaid to front desk to bartender to doorman there was not one sign of "attitude". And the hotel's accommodations are top notch. Small, but inviting lobby (it's a boutique hotel), nice sitting room with morning coffee. My room was pleasant, very clean, nicely appointed, bedding was excellent. The bath was spotless and well maintained (a good sign that management pays attention). I basically "crashed" here for one night so I did not avail myself of some of the optional services. But nothing I saw would have led me to believe that any services the hotel offered would have been unsatisfactory. Again, a well run property at a reasonable rate.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
Dear Holymoses5,

On behalf of the Morrison House I wanted to write to thank you for the comments you provided about your recent experience at our property. We're extremely grateful for the feedback and hope you return soon for more than one night.

Morrison House Hotel

Been to Morrison House, a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!