“Loved Every Minute!!!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
los angeles ca
“Loved Every Minute!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2009

My daughter and I stayed for 2 nights during the Inauguration and we loved it! It's a boutique hotel with first-rate service and the staff members always greeted us with a friendly smile. (The doorman was our favorite!) Our entire stay was so cozy and comfortable! The hotel room was beautifully furnished with all the amenities. The bed and linens were so comfy, too!. The bathroom was modernized and luxurious too. When we return to Alexandria, Morrison House is at the top of our list!

Stayed January 2009
morrison_house, General Manager at Morrison House, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, April 5, 2009
Dear TravelBug,

As General Manager of the Morrison House I wanted to write to thank you for the comments you provided regarding your experience at our property during the Inauguration celebration. Your feedback allows us to continually perfect our services and work to ensure that our hotel remains a favorite destination for travelers to Alexandria, Virginia.

Thank you again and we’re looking forward to seeing you soon. If there’s any assistance I may provide in ensuring the Morrison House remains your hotel of choice whenever you’re in Alexandria please don’t hesitate in contacting me directly.

robert.hannigan@morrisonhouse.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
newtown
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2009

A beautiful Place from top to bottom. The staff is absolutly exceptional. I stayed at this lovely place during the innauguration. I was perfoming an original works for the military and our country at one of the innaugurral balls on capitol hill . The staff was so attentive to every need. They went so far as to bring me tea to my room on a beautiful platter to help my voice for the perfomance. Every room in this special place is immaculate and you feel as if you just stepped into a history book. The food is wonderful ,everything was to perfection. I cannot wait to return. Thank you to a wonderful management and staff for a very momentous time in our history. Thank you for making it so special. I will treasure
The memory.

Thanks so much .
Catherine Urso
Newtown CT

• Stayed January 2009, traveled solo
morrison_house, General Manager at Morrison House, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, March 6, 2009
Dear NewtonCinderella,

It was a pleasure hosting you at the Morrison House during the Inauguration. While it was a special and memorable event for all of us, we're incredibly honored that you chose to stay with us during your performance at the Inaugural Ball. Congratulations on such a professional milestone and our offer of having you perform at our Piano Bar stands, we'd love to see you back with us soon.

Morrison House
Brigham City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2009

We spent one night at the Morrison House recently. We had a great experience.
The hotel is situated just off King Street in a vibrant part of Alexandria, just a few minutes cab ride from downtown Washington DC. (You can also catch the Metro at the King Street station though it is a 10 minute walk from there to the hotel.) It's close enough to serve as a base from which to explore the attractions of DC but feels rather removed from the hustle and bustle of the city.
The Morrison House has a very intimate and cozy feel. We felt we were staying at a small inn though it has almost 50 rooms. The staff helped to enhance this feeling by their friendliness and personal attention. A bellman graciously helped us with our bags and showed us to our room where we found a handwritten note from the manager and some yummy cookies. Though our initial room was perfectly adequate, we elected to upgrade to a suite for the extra room. The bellman was very helpful in making the switch.
The rooms are nicely decorated and contain flat screen tv's, comfortable beds and wireless internet service. The bathrooms contain marble showers and countertops and a great showerhead. Very comfortable and commodious accommodations.
The desk clerk was very helpful in selecting a restaurant from a list of those providing inaugural week specials. He also secured a reservation once we determined the best place.
In the evening we were presented with chocolate covered strawberries and sparkling cider which was a great surprise.
The next day after some shopping in Alexandria, once again the desk clerks were helpful in securing a cab for a ride into the city.
All in all, we were very pleased with both the accommodations and the service. We felt we received good value for the money we spent. I believe you'll be equally satisfied should you choose this hotel for your Alexandria stay.

• Liked — Great service
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
As General Manager of the Morrison House I wanted to write to thank you for the comments you provided regarding your recent experience at our property. Your feedback allows us to continually perfect our services and work to ensure that our hotel remains a favorite destination for travelers to Alexandria, Virginia.

Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2009

My friend and I decided to spend Christmas in the beautiful, historic city of Alexandria. I had asked others who knew this area where to stay and the recommendations all seemed to come back to the Morrison House. From the time we left our car in front of the hotel, until we got back into it to go home to Richmond, we were treated as house guests - the friendliness of the staff and their acknowledgement of our names, was heartwarming; the food was exceptional and the rooms comforting. We had a great time and plan to make this a tradition in the future. The hotel was beautifully decorated to make one feel like they were in a very special home with wonderful people wanting to make you happy.

• Liked — The friendliness of the staff, their welcoming helpful attitude, knowledge of history of hotel.
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with friends
Dear CuriousTraveler08,

As General Manager of the Morrison House I wanted to write to thank you for the comments you provided regarding your experience at our property over the holidays. Your feedback allows us to continually perfect our services and work to ensure that our hotel remains a favorite destination for travelers to Alexandria, Virginia.

Pittsburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2008

We stayed at the Morrison House for a long weekend. The service was very friendly and attentive and our room was well decorated and very comfortable. We ate breakfast at the hotel and the food was excellent. It is also in a great location - lots of restaurants closeby and the metro was only a short walk away.

• Liked — friendliness of staff, location
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2008

Excellent location, close to King Street and within walking distance of all Old Town shops and restaurants.

A free bus is available on King Street that will take you to the Metro station. Should you wish to walk to the Metro, 10 minutes should suffice. DC is 20 minutes from the King Street station. A taxi ride from National airport was under $20 with luggage.

The rooms could use some additional maintenanace and upkeep. The air conditioning units functioned well, but are too noisy for this class of hotel. The housekeeping should be more attentive to details (not as clean as it should be), okay for a Courtyard Marriott, but not for a hotel at this price range.

The clientele is mostly 50+, so the hotel is generally pretty quiet.

The staff was very friendly and helpful.

I gave this hotel and average overall because of the higher daily rate than other hotels in the area at the time of my stay, but in my opinion, was not able to deliver the extra service demanded at that level. My daily rate was about $280.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Davenport, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2008

I stayed here over Valentine's Day and it was a relaxing and romantic experience, just like I expected it would be. The customer service was excellent. The entire staff made me feel at home. I booked a standard room which was a little smaller than what I have seen at larger chains, but was very well appointed with wood furniture and individual decor. It had an old-fashioned feeling. The bathrooms have plenty of counter space for toiletries. I requested a fridge and microwave in the room when I made the reservation, and everything was there as requested when I checked in. Turn down service was included and there were terry bathrobes in the wardrobe. I was impressed that they were leopard print instead of just plain white, but that's my own personal taste. (Gee, how did they know?)

There was an evening wine reception, which I did not attend. I had breakfast in the hotel restaurant and the food was very good and beautifully presented. Also, there was a staff member close at hand throughout the meal, so I never had to wait more than five seconds to have my coffee refilled.

The outdoor patio would have been nice. I didn't make use of it because I was there in February right after a snow storm, but I would if I could have.

The hotel is pet friendly (I did not travel with my Cavelier spaniel this time, but I figured it would be useful for other people to know just in case.) Upon request, they will provide water, treats, a dog bed and even walk your precious puppy while you are out.

There is one precaution: parking problems. I don't know if they offer valet parking because I was dropped off. This place is in Old Town, which is a good location. The only thing is, it is not on a main street, so can be hard to find at first, especially since they don't have obvious signage out front. The place looks like it could be a private residence, so if you're not familiar with the area, you might miss it at first. Overall, it was a great experience. I would visit again.

• Liked — Staff were friendly, helpful, rooms were unique
  • Disliked — Not convenient to a metro station.
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Morrison House, a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!