“A world within a world !!!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Now and SAVE!
Ranked #5 of 49 Hotels in Alexandria
GreenLeadersGold level
“A world within a world !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

My stay was everything more than I expected . Tha staff was excellent an made you feel right at home as soon as you walk in the door . They have anything you could possibly need so you dont have to worry about anything . I would definately recommend Morrison House !

• Stayed July 2013
morrison_house, General Manager at Morrison House, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear blueboxer513,

We truly appreciate that you chose the Morrison House and that you took the time to review our hotel.
I can’t help it but I really like your title of the review: “A world within a world !!!”
We hope to welcome you back soon!

Tobias

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Congers, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

My husband and I stayed for one night at the Morrison House Hotel, and wish it would have been more. The hotel and our experience could not have been more perfect. This was our first stay at a Kimpton property, and I was pleasantly surprised. Not only would I stay at the Morrison House again, but will now willingly seek out other Kimpton properties.

LOCATION: Located right in Old Town Alexandria, this hotel is perfectly situated and in walking distance to exploring many of the beautiful sights that Alexandria has to offer. About a 10 minute walk to the waterfront, where you can take a boat to Georgetown, Mount Vernon, and even the MLB Nationals venue, this location makes a perfect base for exploring the Washington, DC area. Included in the price of our room was valet parking at the garage next door - an added benefit in a place where parking could be an issue.

ROOM: We got a standard queen room, and couldn't have been more pleased. The room was impeccably clean and modern, with a comfortable bed and linens. Had everything that you could possibly ask for -- robes, fluffy towels, stocked mini-bar (sign up to be a Kimpton member for free, and you get a $10 "raid the minibar" voucher), in-room wifi (also free with the Kimpton membership), toiletries, etc. In addition, the lovely sign in the bathroom states that "if you've forgotten anything, we have it for you." Anything and everything was on the list, down to cell phone chargers and power converters for international travelers. Extraordinarily exceptional - well done!

SERVICE & AMENITIES: We knew that this was a special place upon entering, when a doorman opened the door for us and welcomed us to the property. Upon check-in, we were told that we were just in time for the evening wine reception (between 5-6 pm), and were offered a glass of wine. Upon sitting in the hotel parlor with our glass of wine, the lovely front desk attendant (sorry that I did not remember her name) graciously approached us to talk about our stay in the area. When we told her that it was our first time to the area, she helpfully offered dinner suggestions, and provided us with a map. Waiting for us in our room was a hand-written note from the hotel manager. These little touches all added up to a spectacular experience!

VALUE: Having found a Travelzoo offer of $99/night to stay at this location, this was one of the best deals we've found in a long time. Admittedly, we were glad to have gotten this promotional price, but would have been just as happy paying the full price given the attention to detail, level of service, and beautiful hotel. Well done!

My only complaint, if there could be one, was that breakfast was not included in our room rate. Being within walking distance to so many little coffee shops, this was not a particular problem at this location. Complimentary coffee and tea service was provided in the hotel lobby.

Can't wait to have reason to be back in the area, and will definitely stay at this property again. And this is not to be taken lightly, as we often seek out different places and rarely return to the same place twice. It's that good!

Room Tip: We had the standard queen, and found that it fit our needs perfectly.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Amush,

I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for your kind and detailed review. It means a lot to our team to receive positive feedback, especially when it comes from a frequent traveler such as you. Please don’t forget to sign up for our awesome “Kimpton In Touch” loyalty program. It will give you some great additional perks at all of our properties. The entire Morrison House family is looking forward to your return.

Thanks again,

Alexandria, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

First experience with Morrison House: I made my reservation 8/3/13. On 8/9/13 at 6:08 PM (8 minutes after the I am able to cancel my reservation), Gyan, the Operations Manager, calls me to inform me that although I followed the instructions on the Travelzoo voucher, I made the reservation incorrectly and my Travelzoo voucher would not be honored. Gyan could only offer me a room that was double the amount. As an Inner Circle member, I expected a much higher level of customer service that other guests have enjoyed.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
morrison_house, General Manager at Morrison House, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear Opinio n,

Thank you for taking the time to talk to me last week. I’m sorry for the challenges you experienced during the reservation process.
I’m glad that we were able to honor your reservation even though it was booked for a date that was not available for the particular promotion you were trying to use.
I appreciate your email after your departure. It was great to hear that you found your stay to be overall “very enjoyable” and that you received “exceptional service” from multiple of our team members.

Respectfully,

Wakefield, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

From start to finish this charming hotel made our stay wonderful. Every staff person we encountered was welcoming and helpful. The building has great character and the wine hour every afternoon was delightful. Great location for visiting Alexandria or riding the metro into DC. I would highly recommend this charming, clean and comfortable place.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Hello judystrips,

Thank you for choosing the Morrison House for your recent stay with us. It looks like you had a great time and I’m glad to hear that our team was welcoming and helpful.
Please come back to see us again soon!

Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Anytime I head to DC/Quantico for business, I always try to stay at the Morrison House. This time, I booked a queen room on the bottom floor and was very pleasantly surprised to find that I had been moved to a corner room on the 4th floor. I cannot say enough about the exemplary service and quality that Morrison House consistently executes. I truly feel like I am coming home when I stay here. Thank you again, TMH Team. Looking forward to staying with you again soon. SB

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Scott B,

Thank you for being so loyal to the Morrison House. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your recent experience with us and that we had the availability to upgrade you.
We are looking forward to welcome you back soon.

Yours,

Closter, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

The Morrison House is a convenient and pleasant place to stay in Alexandria. It is within walking distance to the King St station of the Washington Metro, and there are many restaurants nearby along King St. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms are quiet and comfortable.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
morrison_house, General Manager at Morrison House, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear elgringoamistoso,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and for staying with us. It is awesome to see that you enjoyed your experience and that you took advantage of our convenient location in the heart of Old Town Alexandria.
The entire Morrison House team is looking forward to welcome you back in the future.

Yours,

Martinsburg, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Although we live only about 90 minutes away, my wife and I spent our anniversary at this hotel. When we arrived, the staff greeted us in the driveway, took our bags, then parked our car. The hotel manager met us at the door and, because we arrived a little early, gave us cocktails while we waited a few minutes for our room to be ready. A bottle of chilled champagne and homemade cookies awaited us in the room. The concierge reserved a table for us at a fine little Italian restaurant, which was within walking distance. When we got back to the room, in addition to the turndown service and chocolates, we found a card with the next day's weather forecast on the pillow. Not only that, there was an anniversary card signed by the manager and the entire staff. We couldn't have had a better time or better service staying in this lovely, small, federal style hotel. I enthusiastically recommend the Morrison House to everybody.

Room Tip: Because the D.C. area swelters in the summer, this hotel sometimes runs deeply discounted summer sal...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
morrison_house, General Manager at Morrison House, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Happy Anniversary!

It is exciting to see that our team made your 90 minute long commute worthwhile. It looks like our team went the extra mile to make your special day a great one.
Thanks for choosing the Morrison House and thank you for your very kind review.

Tobias

Been to Morrison House, a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!