“Wedded Bliss!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Wedded Bliss!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

My beautiful bride and I were married at Morrison House on Feb 9th 2013. We wanted an elegant, intimate affair for 20 guests and we couldn't have chosen a better location. Sara and Anne in catering were fantastic from the very start and all the other staff we're detailed and responsive. We stayed in a suite Rm 509 and were greeted with freshly baked cookies and a card. The suite itself was well appointed and quite roomy with a seperate sitting area. If you're a foodie do consider The Grille, which is really quite good, preparing locally sourced ingredients with an obvious attention to detail. All in all Morrison House feels more like a grand manor house rather than a hotel. It's elegant, sophisticated and charming, befitting the character of Old Town.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
morrison_house, General Manager at Morrison House, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Colin M,

Congratulations to a beautiful couple. Wishing you a wonderful journey as you build your new life together.
We hope to welcome you back to the Morrison House for your anniversary. It would be my pleasure to assist you in the planning.

Tobias Arff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Fairfax Station, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Last Sunday we had the delight of having our son and his beautiful new bride wed at The Morrison House. They had the intimate, romantic ceremony in the lovely parlor and library and the reception in the dining rooms, grill and parlor. The lovely hotel had all the feelings of a gracious home. The catering manager, Sarah, and banquet manager, Adam, were exemplary in planning and attending to every detail and making sure everything flowed perfectly. The dinner was excellent and all the guests enjoyed every aspect of their wedding, including staying at the hotel for the weekend for those traveling from out of town. Thank you Morrison House for all you did in being a part of the lifelong memories we will cherish!

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Cindi P,

We are thrilled that you chose us to host your son’s wedding. It means a lot to all of us that we were able to make this very special time a delightful event for everybody. Thank you for your kind words. I will share them with the entire team and in particular with Sarah and Adam who were highly involved in the planning and the execution of this beautiful wedding.

Congratulations,

Jackson, Wyoming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I travel all over and am fortunate enough to stay in the "finer" places. I would have to say that the Morrison House ranks up there with the best of them. I stay there at least twice a year, for 3-4 nights and have done so for many years! In all categories, from room quality to staff competence to location, it is clearly the best choice in Alexandria. In fact, once I started staying at the Morrison House, I use it whenever i am in the area and no longer stay in D.C. proper.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear GeeAtl,

Thank you so much for your great feedback and your loyalty. It means a lot to us that you find the Morrison House to be the best choice in Alexandria and that you even use us if you have meeting in DC.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

All of the staff at the Morrison House were so very attentive during my recent visit. I was not well during much of my stay. The entire staff was on call for me from John in the grill to Johan at the front desk. There are few places like the Morrison House where personal attention is both a pleasure and a standard. Thanks for the great care!

Room Tip: Corner rooms are awesome!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
morrison_house, General Manager at Morrison House, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear William M,

I hope you are feeling better. It is good to hear that my team and in particular John and Johan took good care of you while you were not feeling well.
Thank you for your kind words. I will do something nice for Johan and John to recognize their genuine care.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Driving through, and saw good reviews. Yes! Super location in Old Town, close to lots of shops and eats. Beautiful hotel with very well trained staff. Sat in the lobby/parlor just to enjoy the ambience with coffee (included) in the morning. Got a special deal that included a bottle of sparkling wine and chocolates. Valet parking is $25, but you could park on the street and feed the meters until 7:00 pm and after 8:00 pm. Sign up for their loyalty program to get free wifi...Not too onerous. Loved it!

Room Tip: Queen deluxe was small and very nice
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Shannon W,

It sounds like you took advantage of our Valentine’s package and I’m glad that you had a good time. I really appreciate your comment about our well trained staff and I will be happy to share you feedback with all of them.
Thanks for this review and for staying with us.

Hope to see you again soon,

Abingdon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

My husband and I travel to Alexandria a few times a year to visit family. We have stayed at many different hotels and never the same one twice. After staying at the Morrison house, we have found the perfect place. The accomodations are beautiful and comfortable. The staff is warm and helpful. I have another reason to look forward to visiting Alexandria.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Lenora L,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I hope that your search for your favorite hotel in Alexandria is over and that we will become your new home away from home whenever your travels bring you into our beautiful city.
We can’t wait to welcome you back.

Tobias Arff
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

I used Trip Advisor to look for somewhere to stay that was not the typical DC area business trip hotel, and I am glad I did. Very relaxing and familiar atmosphere. The "Wine Hour" was a nice touch in the early evening; drinking it in the dedicated library while reading a paper was a great way to unwind. The atmosphere was old leather, red wine, and other hotel guests chatting by the fireplace and playing board games. Dinner followed: food was well prepared, tasty, and the service was excellent. My room became a suite because I was a hotel club member; big, comfortable bed on the upper floor. The only ding: the view look out directly into an adjacent office building. Breakfast was very good, and the service from the slightly mad Irishman was most appreciated. All in all, this will be my go-to hotel when in DC.

• Stayed February 2013
Hello Bajadaddy,

Awesome that you found our hotel and your experience to be relaxing, unique and enjoyable. It sounds like you really made the most out of your stay. You attended our evening wine reception, dined in our restaurant and enjoyed your breakfast. I’m sorry that you were not fully satisfied with your view from your suite. Please let me know when you are planning to come back as I would like to personally assist you with our room assignment. We have the perfect room for everybody and I’m determent to find yours. I can be reached at: tobias.arff@morrisonhouse.com
Thanks for the great review and the great pictures.

Tobias

Been to Morrison House, a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!