“Lovely” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
New York, New York, United States
“Lovely”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I have stayed here twice for business. I love that it's small and yet has everything you need. The rooms are beautiful and comfortable. The staff are extremely helpful, and pleasant. I travel a lot for business and find larger hotels too corporate and impersonal, but Morrison House is the complete opposite. It's a home away from home. The location is perfect for getting into D.C. quickly, and also enjoy quaint Alexandria. I highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
morrison_house, General Manager at Morrison House, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Hey Katie E,

I like to thank you for your Trip Advisor review and for your loyalty. It is very hard to explain in pictures what truly sets us apart from the larger hotels. Your description however is right on. There are many options when it comes to hotels in our area and I’m very grateful that you chose the Morrison House to be your home away from home. Please let me know if there is anything I can assist you with in the future.

Respectfully,

Tobias.arff@morrisonhouse.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
St. Joseph
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I stayed three nights in the Morrison House and can not say enough good things about it. Upon arrival, I was treated like a VIP. From the door man to the butler (I have never stayed at a hotel that had a butler before) everyone was exceptional. My room was upgraded from a queen to a king deluxe at no charge and I hadn't even requested it. There was a friendly greeting at the front desk, a gift bag with some nice extra things like a candle and a delicious chocolate bar. In the room was a handwritten welcome note and freshly baked cookies. The bedding was so comfortable and nice and the room, as well as all the common areas of the hotel, was spotless. It was a little more expensive than I usually pay but for the Washington DC area, it was not unreasonable and the level of service more than made up for the extra cost. I love Alexandria with it's old charm and cobblestone streets. I hope to come back someday and if I do I will most definitely stay at the Morrison House. Thank you for the wonderful experience. I also recommend signing up for the InTouch Loyalty program it is free and I received a complimentary $10 credit from the mini bar which was stocked with lots of healthy options that I truly appreciated. The only thing I wish the Morrison House had was a fitness center.

Hello GMathes,

We appreciate you kind and detailed review. It is awesome to read that you truly enjoyed your stay and the high level of service we are trying to provide every day.
It is indeed a great idea to sign up for our Kimpton In Touch loyalty program. Not only will you receive free Wi-Fi and a $10 honor bar credit, you might also get lucky to score a room upgrade like you did.
I wish we would be able to fit a fitness center on property. We however have arrangements with one of our sister properties and all of our guests have free access to their gym and pool. It is only four blocks away and you can used the beautiful and short five minute walk as your warm up. Thanks again for the great and informative feedback.

Respectfully,

Waconia, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

After a booking error we ended up staying at The Morrison House for the 2013 Inauguration. Only one word can describe the staff, rooms and service - fabulous!!!! I have family in DC and I will definitely be back! Old Town is an incredible an convenient place to stay as well - 5 BiG stars all around! Thank you Morrison House!!!!

• Stayed January 2013
Dear victoriahaugrud,

Thank you for your kind words and praise. It truly was a pleasure to work with you on resolving the booking error. I’m glad that you and your group enjoyed your time at the Morrison House and it was great to get to know all of you during our complementary evening wine reception. Don’t wait too long to visit your family as we can’t wait to welcome you back.

Panama City, Panama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in the hotel and the whole experience has been a nightmare ....i honestly dont even know where to start...First I arrived at one am and the lady who received me told me I had to give my credit card...I told her I didnt have one specifically because I changed countries very often....so after 45! Minutes she let me get in because she had to call everyone around....so i finally get to my room which is on the first floor...WRONG! Is in the basement...so when you open the window first thing u see is the street and the wheels of a car. Totally depressive ...Then I got back to the reception and she finally gets to manage to send me to another room on the third floor aka second or fist depending on how the reality of the hotel sees it.
The bathroom totally disgusting with tartar on the toilet...and the rooms look like 'the hollywood tower hotel of disneyland'
I also asked that to clean it thoroughly because I am highly allergic to dust....well the hotel is sooo retro that when you lay on the bed, you can see in the morning all the dust that floating around the room.
Finally the manager a totally rude and he retain my money on my account without my authorization.

It's really a shame the town is absolutely magical and charming. People are very nice and kind, I take with me a bitttersweet trip thanks to the so called boutique hotel which in concept is ok but not in the execution. A total failure!
Still wondering how this hotel obtained the 2012 tripadvisor award? Im shocked it should be taking back

Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
morrison_house, General Manager at Morrison House, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Hi CKLifeisON,

Wow, I’m so saddened to read your review, as I know we made every effort to provide you with a work-around that would let you enjoy your stay with us. Our request for a credit card at check-in is a standard practice at all Kimpton Hotels, as well as most hotels across the globe.
And I must say that we’re really proud of the warm, cozy and clean environment we provide to our guests. We do daily inspections of our guestrooms and have rarely - if ever - had complaints about dust. We do take all feedback to heart so I will look into the matter more closely with our staff. If you’d like to share more about your experience, please feel free to write me at tobias.arff@morrisonhouse.com and we can set up a time to speak.

Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at the Morrison Hotel in charming Alexandria for a workshop and I can't say enough good things about this place! My room was comfy, clean and cozy. The front desk always welcomed me and gave me such excellent customer service. Even the door man was lovely and always smiling! The hotel is in an excellent location, right off of King Street, and close to many quaint shops and tasty restaurants. I usually don't like staying at hotels, but this one was the exception and I can't wait to stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
morrison_house, General Manager at Morrison House, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Hello Dawn R,

Thank you for the generous Trip Advisor review. I'm glad that you enjoyed your time in Old Town Alexandria. I'm happy to read that this was the best hotel experience in a long time. Let’s hope that your next workshop will bring you back to the Morrison House.
You can’t wait to stay here again and we can’t wait to welcome you back.

Hurst, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

The Morrison House is always my first choice of places to stay when traveling for work in the DC area. I have been staying there for the past 3 years and every visit I have received exceptional customer service. The restaurant staff and doormen always remember me and make me feel welcome. I always look forward to arriving and usually dread leaving!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Hello Beth T,

Thank you for your loyalty over the past three years. Your kind words about the exceptional customer service you consistently receive at the Morrison House means a lot to us. We can’t wait to welcome you back.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

My 6 colleagues and I had a wonderful experience at the Morrison House in Alexandria, VA. The rooms were lovely, and the staff was very helpful during our Inauguration week stay. Recommendations for restaurants, nightlife, and transportation were top notch. I will make plans to stay there again when I visit Washington, DC.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room at the back of the hotel.