“Tobias, et al. ROCKS!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Upgrade Your Stay
Ranked #4 of 49 Hotels in Alexandria
GreenLeadersGold level
Waconia, Minnesota
“Tobias, et al. ROCKS!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

After a booking error we ended up staying at The Morrison House for the 2013 Inauguration. Only one word can describe the staff, rooms and service - fabulous!!!! I have family in DC and I will definitely be back! Old Town is an incredible an convenient place to stay as well - 5 BiG stars all around! Thank you Morrison House!!!!

• Stayed January 2013
morrison_house, General Manager at Morrison House, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear victoriahaugrud,

Thank you for your kind words and praise. It truly was a pleasure to work with you on resolving the booking error. I’m glad that you and your group enjoyed your time at the Morrison House and it was great to get to know all of you during our complementary evening wine reception. Don’t wait too long to visit your family as we can’t wait to welcome you back.

Tobias

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Panama City, Panama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in the hotel and the whole experience has been a nightmare ....i honestly dont even know where to start...First I arrived at one am and the lady who received me told me I had to give my credit card...I told her I didnt have one specifically because I changed countries very often....so after 45! Minutes she let me get in because she had to call everyone around....so i finally get to my room which is on the first floor...WRONG! Is in the basement...so when you open the window first thing u see is the street and the wheels of a car. Totally depressive ...Then I got back to the reception and she finally gets to manage to send me to another room on the third floor aka second or fist depending on how the reality of the hotel sees it.
The bathroom totally disgusting with tartar on the toilet...and the rooms look like 'the hollywood tower hotel of disneyland'
I also asked that to clean it thoroughly because I am highly allergic to dust....well the hotel is sooo retro that when you lay on the bed, you can see in the morning all the dust that floating around the room.
Finally the manager a totally rude and he retain my money on my account without my authorization.

It's really a shame the town is absolutely magical and charming. People are very nice and kind, I take with me a bitttersweet trip thanks to the so called boutique hotel which in concept is ok but not in the execution. A total failure!
Still wondering how this hotel obtained the 2012 tripadvisor award? Im shocked it should be taking back

Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
morrison_house, General Manager at Morrison House, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Hi CKLifeisON,

Wow, I’m so saddened to read your review, as I know we made every effort to provide you with a work-around that would let you enjoy your stay with us. Our request for a credit card at check-in is a standard practice at all Kimpton Hotels, as well as most hotels across the globe.
And I must say that we’re really proud of the warm, cozy and clean environment we provide to our guests. We do daily inspections of our guestrooms and have rarely - if ever - had complaints about dust. We do take all feedback to heart so I will look into the matter more closely with our staff. If you’d like to share more about your experience, please feel free to write me at tobias.arff@morrisonhouse.com and we can set up a time to speak.

Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at the Morrison Hotel in charming Alexandria for a workshop and I can't say enough good things about this place! My room was comfy, clean and cozy. The front desk always welcomed me and gave me such excellent customer service. Even the door man was lovely and always smiling! The hotel is in an excellent location, right off of King Street, and close to many quaint shops and tasty restaurants. I usually don't like staying at hotels, but this one was the exception and I can't wait to stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
morrison_house, General Manager at Morrison House, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Hello Dawn R,

Thank you for the generous Trip Advisor review. I'm glad that you enjoyed your time in Old Town Alexandria. I'm happy to read that this was the best hotel experience in a long time. Let’s hope that your next workshop will bring you back to the Morrison House.
You can’t wait to stay here again and we can’t wait to welcome you back.

Hurst, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

The Morrison House is always my first choice of places to stay when traveling for work in the DC area. I have been staying there for the past 3 years and every visit I have received exceptional customer service. The restaurant staff and doormen always remember me and make me feel welcome. I always look forward to arriving and usually dread leaving!

Hello Beth T,

Thank you for your loyalty over the past three years. Your kind words about the exceptional customer service you consistently receive at the Morrison House means a lot to us. We can’t wait to welcome you back.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

My 6 colleagues and I had a wonderful experience at the Morrison House in Alexandria, VA. The rooms were lovely, and the staff was very helpful during our Inauguration week stay. Recommendations for restaurants, nightlife, and transportation were top notch. I will make plans to stay there again when I visit Washington, DC.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room at the back of the hotel.
Dear jsw15000,

Thank you for your kind review and thank you for choosing the Morrison House for this exiting time.
It is awesome to hear that you and your colleagues enjoyed your experience with us. Please reach out to me directly if I can be of any assistance with your future plans. I can be reached at: tobias.arff@morrisonhouse.com

Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I spent four nights at the Morrison House in connection with the inaugural festivities in DC. More than any place I've stayed in the past several years, I found myself raving to my colleagues about how fabulous Morrison House was throughout our stay. I believe we all had a similar impression of the place. Tobias and his team treated us wonderfully - truly gave us a feeling that he genuinely wanted our stay to be special. It was! I'll be back to Old Town Alexandria at some point and will be staying at Morrison House again.

Dear dgarbs,

I remember you and your group well; you guys were so much fun. I’m glad that you enjoyed your stay as much as we enjoyed hosting you.
Thank you for the awesome feedback. We can’t wait to welcome you back!

Cambridge, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I have never been treated so well at a hotel. When traveling solo, the simple kindnesses and courtesies mean so much. The rooms are lovely and cozy, and the staff treats you like royalty. I love Morrison House!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
morrison_house, General Manager at Morrison House, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Happy Birthday scully50,

Thank you for your very kind words, they really mean the world to us. We are super excited that you felt like royalty and we love to welcome you back soon.

Tobias Arff

Been to Morrison House, a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!