“Best hotel experience in a long time!” 5 of 5 stars

Book Now and SAVE!
Ranked #3 of 49 hotels in Alexandria
GreenLeadersGold level
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“Best hotel experience in a long time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at the Morrison Hotel in charming Alexandria for a workshop and I can't say enough good things about this place! My room was comfy, clean and cozy. The front desk always welcomed me and gave me such excellent customer service. Even the door man was lovely and always smiling! The hotel is in an excellent location, right off of King Street, and close to many quaint shops and tasty restaurants. I usually don't like staying at hotels, but this one was the exception and I can't wait to stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
morrison_house, General Manager at Morrison House, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Hello Dawn R,

Thank you for the generous Trip Advisor review. I'm glad that you enjoyed your time in Old Town Alexandria. I'm happy to read that this was the best hotel experience in a long time. Let’s hope that your next workshop will bring you back to the Morrison House.
You can’t wait to stay here again and we can’t wait to welcome you back.

506 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Hurst, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

The Morrison House is always my first choice of places to stay when traveling for work in the DC area. I have been staying there for the past 3 years and every visit I have received exceptional customer service. The restaurant staff and doormen always remember me and make me feel welcome. I always look forward to arriving and usually dread leaving!

Hello Beth T,

Thank you for your loyalty over the past three years. Your kind words about the exceptional customer service you consistently receive at the Morrison House means a lot to us. We can’t wait to welcome you back.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

My 6 colleagues and I had a wonderful experience at the Morrison House in Alexandria, VA. The rooms were lovely, and the staff was very helpful during our Inauguration week stay. Recommendations for restaurants, nightlife, and transportation were top notch. I will make plans to stay there again when I visit Washington, DC.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room at the back of the hotel.
Dear jsw15000,

Thank you for your kind review and thank you for choosing the Morrison House for this exiting time.
It is awesome to hear that you and your colleagues enjoyed your experience with us. Please reach out to me directly if I can be of any assistance with your future plans. I can be reached at: tobias.arff@morrisonhouse.com

Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I spent four nights at the Morrison House in connection with the inaugural festivities in DC. More than any place I've stayed in the past several years, I found myself raving to my colleagues about how fabulous Morrison House was throughout our stay. I believe we all had a similar impression of the place. Tobias and his team treated us wonderfully - truly gave us a feeling that he genuinely wanted our stay to be special. It was! I'll be back to Old Town Alexandria at some point and will be staying at Morrison House again.

Dear dgarbs,

I remember you and your group well; you guys were so much fun. I’m glad that you enjoyed your stay as much as we enjoyed hosting you.
Thank you for the awesome feedback. We can’t wait to welcome you back!

Cambridge, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I have never been treated so well at a hotel. When traveling solo, the simple kindnesses and courtesies mean so much. The rooms are lovely and cozy, and the staff treats you like royalty. I love Morrison House!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
morrison_house, General Manager at Morrison House, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Happy Birthday scully50,

Thank you for your very kind words, they really mean the world to us. We are super excited that you felt like royalty and we love to welcome you back soon.

Northborough, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We stayed at the Morrison House, in the heart of old Alexandria, one night on our drive from the snowbelt to Florida. I would not say that the Morrison House lives up to the first class polish implied by its website, but it was clean and comfortable for one night, and the staff was extremely helpful. We would stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello ADGrantley,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and other travelers.
I’m glad that you found our team to be extremely helpful and that you would stay with us again.
Base on your feedback it however looks like that we did not entirely knock your socks off.
I would appreciate and feedback you could share with me and I can be reached at: tobias.arff@morrisonhose.com.
Please let me know if there is anything I can assist you with in the future.

Respectfully,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

My wife & I recently celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary and decided on Olde Town Alexandria for our destination. This was a great choice overall but our decision to stay @ The Morrison House was an EXCELLENT decision. From the time we pulled up to the front entrance after our 4 hour drive we were greeted by the hotel staff, they carried our bags, parked our car, checked us in quickly, and provided a perfect room for us to stay!!!

The staff was outstanding, many calling us by name during our entire stay- this was amazing to say the least. We had a wonderful time and many, many, many thanks to The Morrison House for making our 30th wedding anniversary pleasant & memorable.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear 13BobL13,

Happy 30th anniversary! I’m honored that you chose the Morrison House to celebrate this great milestone. I’m thrilled to hear that we were able to make your time with us special and I hope to see you for your 31st anniversary.

Thanks for your fantastic feedback,

Tobias Arff

Been to Morrison House, a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!