“Morrison House made it special!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 50 Hotels in Alexandria
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersGold level
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Morrison House made it special!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I spent four nights at the Morrison House in connection with the inaugural festivities in DC. More than any place I've stayed in the past several years, I found myself raving to my colleagues about how fabulous Morrison House was throughout our stay. I believe we all had a similar impression of the place. Tobias and his team treated us wonderfully - truly gave us a feeling that he genuinely wanted our stay to be special. It was! I'll be back to Old Town Alexandria at some point and will be staying at Morrison House again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
morrison_house, General Manager at Morrison House, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear dgarbs,

I remember you and your group well; you guys were so much fun. I’m glad that you enjoyed your stay as much as we enjoyed hosting you.
Thank you for the awesome feedback. We can’t wait to welcome you back!

Yours,

Tobias

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Cambridge, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I have never been treated so well at a hotel. When traveling solo, the simple kindnesses and courtesies mean so much. The rooms are lovely and cozy, and the staff treats you like royalty. I love Morrison House!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
morrison_house, General Manager at Morrison House, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Happy Birthday scully50,

Thank you for your very kind words, they really mean the world to us. We are super excited that you felt like royalty and we love to welcome you back soon.

Yours,

Westborough, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We stayed at the Morrison House, in the heart of old Alexandria, one night on our drive from the snowbelt to Florida. I would not say that the Morrison House lives up to the first class polish implied by its website, but it was clean and comfortable for one night, and the staff was extremely helpful. We would stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello ADGrantley,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and other travelers.
I’m glad that you found our team to be extremely helpful and that you would stay with us again.
Base on your feedback it however looks like that we did not entirely knock your socks off.
I would appreciate and feedback you could share with me and I can be reached at: tobias.arff@morrisonhose.com.
Please let me know if there is anything I can assist you with in the future.

Respectfully,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

My wife & I recently celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary and decided on Olde Town Alexandria for our destination. This was a great choice overall but our decision to stay @ The Morrison House was an EXCELLENT decision. From the time we pulled up to the front entrance after our 4 hour drive we were greeted by the hotel staff, they carried our bags, parked our car, checked us in quickly, and provided a perfect room for us to stay!!!

The staff was outstanding, many calling us by name during our entire stay- this was amazing to say the least. We had a wonderful time and many, many, many thanks to The Morrison House for making our 30th wedding anniversary pleasant & memorable.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear 13BobL13,

Happy 30th anniversary! I’m honored that you chose the Morrison House to celebrate this great milestone. I’m thrilled to hear that we were able to make your time with us special and I hope to see you for your 31st anniversary.

Thanks for your fantastic feedback,

Manchester, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I had the incredible pleasure of staying at the Morrison House (a Kimpton hotel) in late December 2012. I was in the process of relocating from New England to the South and had my pet dog with me. I was very concerned about being able to find pet friendly accomodations along the way - while researching the internet I was directed to Morrison House by petswelcome.com. Not only is the Alexandria, VA Morrison House pet friendly but ALL Kimpton Hotels are. When we arrived at the dramatic and gorgeous civil war era mansion we were greeted by Abdullah who welcomed us as if we had been there many times before, he made me feel at home instantly! He greeted my dog and myself and got us checked in and comfortable very quickly. The room was beautiful and well appointed. The concierge was so helpful and kind as was all of the staff from room service personnel to the gentleman that brought ice to the room. Once settled my dog and I went for a wonderful walk in the old city, cobblestone streets, beautiful shops and kind and friendly passers by. After our walk we returned to the room to order some room service for dinner. My meal arrived very quickly and did not dissapoint. The next morning Sabrina helped us out with our checkout and just as Abdullah had when we arrived she made us feel appreciated as a guest and wished us well and Happy New Year with a kind and sincere smile. We had to set out again on our trip but I will not forget the brief yet terrific stay at the Morrison House and have pledged that we will be back soon to explore the area even more in the very near future. Thank you to all the staff that helped make our short stay so memorable!

Room Tip: We stayed on the 4th floor, it was very quiet...you would never know there were several dogs and chi...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
morrison_house, General Manager at Morrison House, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Happy New Year Denise D,

Thank you for taking the time to write this awesome review. I hope you settled in nicely in the South and I wish you all the best for the future. I’m thrilled that you and your dog had an all around awesome experience with us and that Abdullah, Sabrina and the rest of our team made your short stay in Alexandria such a positive one.

Please don’t be a stranger!

Marshfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

The Morrison House is OUTSTANDING ! We were driving from Massachusetts to Miami and thanks to other Trip Advisor reviews selected the Morrison House. We were not disappointed. Our corner room was outstanding, beautifully appointed with windows that open !!!! Dinner and drinks at The Grill ended a long day on the road and the area was quaint and perfect. Only wish we had more time to explore the neighborhood ... but we will on our return north! This hotel is a must for anyone in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room. We were on the 5th floor. Very quiet and lovely.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear JayMarshfield,

Thanks for the outstanding review of your stay at the Morrison House. Looks like we knocked it out of the park!
It sounds like you have to come back to experience all the fun and beauty Old Town Alexandria has to offer. We are looking forward to welcome you back with open arms!

See you soon!

Silver Spring, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Staff couldn't have been better. Room was not huge but very comfortable with comfy bathrobes and minibar. Sign up for the free Kimpton membership and you get free wifi and $10 free in minibar!! Make sure you don't pay for wifi in this way. Our only problem was a dog that had been left alone during a wedding. The poor animal was frantic and barking and crying loudly. However, a call to the front desk got immediate help. They must have called the owners to attend to the dog and the rest of the evening was quiet. We got help from staff on restaurants and directions. Breakfast in am was good but the eggwhite omelet was tiny. I was still hungry!
However, impeccable service (turndown, mint on pillow) and very, very classy hotel. I definitely would return.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear MargeBA,

Thank you very much for your great review. I really appreciate that you informed our front desk about the barking dog so we were able to contact the owner immediately. I’m sorry about any inconvenience this caused you but I’m glad. It is great to hear that you enjoyed all other aspects of your stay. Please let me know the next time you are planning to be in our area. Your next egg white omelet will be on me.

Tobias

Been to Morrison House, a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!