“Anher Pleasant Stay” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Fredericksburg
“Anher Pleasant Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

I have stayed here multiple times over the years.. This hotel has always been a great place to enjoy the Alexandria area. Great location, nice clean rooms and common areas.. I did eat at the piano bar restaurant and the staff there couldn't have been nicer. When I couldn't find anything appealing to me they offered to make me something I wanted.. so a nice turkey sandwich was prepared for me which didn't even appear on the menu.. Some may think that's a small thing but simply demonstrates their dedication to customer service.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
morrison_house, General Manager at Morrison House, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, February 29, 2012
Dear travelersK&W,

Thank you for being a frequent guest of the Morrison House. I’m very grateful for the nice feedback and I like to thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to share your experience with other travelers. I agree with you that sometimes small things can make a difference and I’m glad that our team listened to you and got you what you wanted. A Turkey Sandwich!
Let me know when you will be back and the next Turkey Sandwich will be my treat for you!

Respectfully,

Tobias

Fairfax Station, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

Morrison House is a wonderful hotel tucked away in beautiful Old Town Alexandria, VA. Though it is part of the Kimpton Hotel chain, you will feel as though you are a guest at a wonderful country estate; even the outer façade looks more like an elegant home than a hotel.

We stayed at the Morrison House on a whim; we were attending an evening event in Old Town and we thought it would be fun to stay away from home for just the night. Our deluxe king room was wonderful, with a beautiful large four poster bed, chandelier, cozy bath robes, and a fairly large bathroom.

The location of Morrison House is perfect; just steps from King Street (the main street that runs through Old Town) and right around the corner from the Majestic Café (great food, a bit pricey) and the Red Rock which is a little more laid back and has very unique and tasty pizzas and calzones. Two shopping recommendations on King Street: don’t miss European Country Living, I’ve been going there for years for distinctive accessories; and Olio, a new store that specializes in olive oils and balsamic vinegars – you must try the fig balsamic vinegar.

There are few additional complimentary touches that make Morrison House especially unique:

• It’s pet friendly; and at no additional expense!

• Though we missed the wine reception at 5 PM daily, we have heard from others that it is quite nice.

• If you join the Kimpton Guest Loyalty Program (there is no cost to join) you have access to free Wi-Fi in the guest room.

• There is a free shuttle to and from Ronald Reagan National Airport. We’re local so we didn’t use this service, but trust me this is a nice perk and money-saver.

There is one small issue I would change/address during our next stay: our 3rd floor room was located next to the storage room for the cleaning carts and supplies. It was a bit noisy first thing in the morning when we were trying to sleep in and enjoy the room for a little extra bit of relaxation.

One last tip: watch for specials. We booked our stay at Morrison House through a social media website and friends have done the same and saved 20 to 30 percent on the room price.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Dalferes
Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

The charm of this beautiful hotel pours from the design of the room and the smiling and extremely courteous staff. I recently hosted a baby shower/tea party for about 15 guests in the parlor and was incredibly impressed with the food, the beautiful decor, and the royal treatment from the staff. Everyone who attended had a lovely time and I have no doubt will return to stay/eat. Although I did not spend the night, I plan to book a room on my next trip to DC. I highly recommend the Morrison House if you want to throw a private party or event. From start to finish I had a fabulous experience.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you so very much from The Grille at Morrison House. Every Saturday we offer Tea and I am so glad that you and your guests were pleased. We certainly look forward to your return visit!

Dan Underwood
The Grille at Morrison House
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

I chose The Morrison House for our wedding night after researching the entire DC area. The effort paid off as we found the hotel charming and elegant while being warm and welcoming. The location is perfect in Old Town Alexandria if you desire to explore, though that is unnecessary with the amenities of this hotel including both a top-notch dining experience and a piano bar that is just plain fun. The staff and management at The Morrison House are excellent. We never felt like just another guest passing though, but felt special.

The rooms are spacious and well appointed and the bed is beyond comfortable.

We will return and strongly suggests others choose this unique experience.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear john h,

The entire Morrison House team likes to congratulate you once more to your recent marriage. We are excited that you chose the Morrison House for this very special occasion and I’m
extremely happy that your experience was such a good one. I could not help to notice that you are local to the area and I hope to get the opportunity to welcome you back to my Hotel in the near future. Thank you for the fantastic feedback and please reach out to me personally if there is anything I can assist you with.

Respectfully,

Tobias Arff
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

Stayed at The Morrison House twice in the past year and it's one of the best places around. It has an old world charm but modern amenities. Like all the other Kimpton hotels we've stayed in, the staff goes above and beyond to make our stay comfortable. It may not be as ritzy as the Ritz Carlton, but there's a homey feeling when staying there. Can't wait to go back and stay at the Morrison House again. It's truly a gem.

Room Tip: Can't imagine there's a bad room in the house.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear w85131,

I wanted to take a moment to thank you for your loyalty to the Morrison House. You can’t wait to come back and we can’t wait to welcome you back/

Yours,

Tobias
Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

Unlike other Kimpton Hotels, this is a unique older hotel. The service is impeccable, very European , and very much absent from most hotels.
It is our favorite hotel anywhere, comfortable, welcoming, and accommodating. We are loyal Kimpton guests, but this one is truly exceptional
Whenever we visit our family in Alexandria, we try to find an excuse to stay at Morrison House.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank welshpembrokecorgi
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2012

I held a small cocktail party for my husband's birthday here in December 2011. Victoria, Ian and the entire catering staff did a fabulous job. They made us and our guests feel right at home which is exactly what I wanted. The food (all gluten free) and service were first rate. I highly recommend holding any event here.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
morrison_house, Manager at Morrison House, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, February 15, 2012
Dear Nefie,

Thank you so much for hosting your event with us! I had a wonderful time planning all the details with you and I am delighted your husband loved it. Please let me know if I can ever be of future assistance. We can’t wait to have you back.

Best,