“Five Star service at a Five Star Hotel!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 50 Hotels in Alexandria
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersGold level
Williamsburg
“Five Star service at a Five Star Hotel!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2010

On a recent trip to Old Town Alexandria, my two friends and I styed in a fabulous hotel. I had toured the hotel a year ago and vowed to come back. It was a great experience from the point we pulled up to valet the car to when we left the front door on our way home. The best part was when we had a problem with another guest (screaming out of their door at 2:30 a.m.) the hotel didn't know about it until I told them the next morning. (We took care of it by asking the people to be quiet...twice) It wasn't the hotel's fault the other guests were rude up on the 5th floor! :) We didn't call the front desk because they stopped. Tobias the assistant manager waved our parking fee and even went to get us tea when I mentioned it to him the next morning in passing! I had no expectations for him or anyone to do that! It was just a great experience all around! We will be back for sure!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (319)
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2010

I was looking for a place to get away over the holiday weekend with my girlfriend, but did not have time to travel far. I live in the District and wanted to do something different. We love Old Town but don't get out there very often, and it can be a pain to go out to dinner and then have to drive back to DC. I knew that KImpton had opened the Monaco in Alexandira but had not had a chance to see it, based on my other Kimpton experiences i was pretty sure that I would like it. When I got to the hotel, Eddie Checked us in, he was gracious and friendly. when we got there the evening wine reception was going on so we stayed in the lobby for a little while and enjoyed a few glasses of wine. When we got up to the room it was pretty spacious, and well appointed. The bed was extremly comfortable! The location of the hotel was perfect, right on King Street about 3 blocks from the water. We walked to to dinner and then around the waterfront, we lucked out with great weather that night. When we got back, we ased for a late check out, the gave us one with no problem. The next morning when we checked out everyone thanked us for staying with them.

York, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2010

My wife and I just returned from a weekend in Alexandria. The hotel sits right on King St. which is the center of old town. We had easy access to numerous shops and restaurants. The D.C. metro was about a fifteen minute walk with no hills. Everything we wanted was within walking distance. The rooms were clean and spacious. We were especially pleased with the bathroom. The staff were very friendly. They were quick to say hello and goodbye as we passed through the lobby. The complimentary wine was a nice touch in the evening.

Dover, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2010

Stayed at the Hotel Monaco in Alexandria this past weekend. Other than the exceptionally cold weather, the stay was outstanding. From the minute Mustafa picked me up at DCA in the shuttle, and for the next three days, I was given a fantastic demonstration of customer service. Check in was a breeze...the room was immaculate, and anything I needed was attended to swiftly and competently. Even the turndown service was an unexpected delight.
Kimpton In-Touch members get added perks, so make sure you sign up.
Mike at the front desk on Sunday was exceptionally helpful with an airport/travel issue that came up, and handled it like I was the only guest in the building. This entire stay did nothing but confirm my loyalties to the Kimpton chain.
the room itself was small, but I was told that at checkin..I could have waited for a larger room, or one with a kingsize bed, but it was just me, so no bother. He room was immaculate, quiet, and had a comfortable bed, clean, good sized bathroom, nice flat screen tv, big windows, and wireless internet that worked flawlessly.
I did not use room service, but based on my other dealings, I am sure that oo would have been great.
Book this hotel..no regrets. Location was great, staff was great, facilities were great....see the pattern here?

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Palm Harbor, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2010

What a surprise to find this reasonably priced but upscale hotel in Old Town. Close to shopping and great restaurants. Good indoor pool and exercise facilities too. Will definitely go back.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2010

We stayed at the Hotel Monaco for three nights over the Christmas holiday. The staff was fantastic- specifically, the folks at the front desk who, at check-in, invited us to play a trivia game in order to earn a free upgrade (which we won!). The room was comfortable and clean. We had an issue with a noisy AC/heating unit- which was addressed immediately.

The location of the hotel is ideal- as it is in the heart of King street and close to many restaurants and shops. Although we did not visit the hotel bar/restaurant- it was quite busy each time we walked by.

Both my husband and I agreed that we would certainly stay at the Hotel Monaco again.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2009

From the accomodating Manager on Duty to the cheerful room service attendant and the always attentive doorman, the staff at this hotel understands hospitality. The rooms are beautiful, the bathroom cosmopolitan and the lobby is inviting. We make a point of staying here whenever we are in town.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Monaco Alexandria, a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!