“Beautifully appointed boutique type hotel in downtown Alexandria, minutes from Washington D.C.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Monaco Alexandria, a Kimpton Hotel

Ranked #4 of 50 Hotels in Alexandria
GreenLeadersGold level
Northville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2009

This was just a darling hotel, in the perfect location, close to Washington D.C., shops and restaurants up and down the street, short walk to the Potomac. We were there for a wedding. Charming enclosed outdoor patio. Tastefully decorated rooms. Impeccably clean. And a highly responsive staff from the doormen to the front desk and housekeeping. I left my cell phone and charger behind and Elisa, from housekeeping, stayed on the line with me while she sent someone to retrieve it and shuttle it to the airport. I would heartily recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Kimpton_DC, Reservations Manager at Monaco Alexandria, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, July 21, 2009
Hello NorthvilleSnorkel,

Thank you for heartily recommending our hotel. I know that the staff, especially, Elisa will be pleased to hear that they made a positive impression on you. Well done to Elisa for being helpful and supportive while she worked to get your cell phone back. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and the wedding you attended. Thank you for staying and we hope to see you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (342)
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2009

The Hotel Monaco is a great hotel. Not only does it meet high standards of cleaniness, but the atmosphere is warm and welcoming.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Hello hotelfan84,

What more can you say in a few short sentences? Thank you for your praise on the physical product but also on the warm and welcoming atmosphere that the staff create day in and day out. We are all happy that you enjoyed your stay. Please come back and visit us again soon!
Minneapolis, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2009

Not far from DCA airport, you'll find this treasure of a hotel! From the staff at the the door, to the front desk staff, to the bellman I was treated with courtesy, kindness and the joy that comes from employees who are thrilled to do exceptional work. My room was inviting and comfortable and the in-room amenities were superb. I usually enjoy having a coffee maker in my room, but didn't miss it this time.

I am a road warrior of over 20 years and this is the first time that my room service breakfast was perfectly prepared and the coffee came piping hot.

Checking out was a breeze! The staff even took a few moments to chat with me about my stay in the City and my trip back home. Overall, this is the best hotel stay I've had in a very long time.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Monaco-Alexandria, Hotel Manager at Monaco Alexandria, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, June 4, 2009
Dear roadwarrior0508,

I like to thank you for the nice feedback you have given us. I’m very happy to read that our team was able to have such a positive impact on your recent stay. It is great to see that you consider your recent experience with us: Overall, the best hotel stay you have had in a very long time. I hope that our complementary morning coffee station in the lobby was one of the reasons that you did not miss the in-room coffee maker. We have complementary coffee makers up on request and I would be happy to ensure that you will have one waiting in your room up on your return.
Thank you again and we I hope to welcome you back soon.

Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2009

We have stayed at many very nice hotels, and there have been times when they were not able to honor their regular check-in time, so we were very pleased that the Front Desk Manager at the Morrison House made an extra effort to get the early check-in we requested.

My daughter was arriving in VA at 10:40AM, after a red-eye flight from Seattle. She needed to get some rest so she could participate in early evening events. Without that much required rest she never would have enjoyed her very brief stay in VA. We truly appreciate the extra effort made by the Front Desk Manager, and we will definitely stay at the Morrison House on our next visit!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2009

Our inital impression of this hotel was "Holy nuts...this is great!" The rich colors used to decorate, the friendly and helpful staff members, the comfortable beds...you name it - this hotel provides it. I travel quite often for my job and can honestly say that this is the first review that I have ever written. My in-laws had called ahead and asked that a botle of wine and a fruit plate be waiting for us at arrival (I know - they are great) and the gentleman who took the call offered to stay late and make sure that we received everything. What service! I just wanted to share my fabulous experience with those who are considering staying here. You won't be disappointed.

Dear asilvis,

I feel horned that a person that travels as much as you do picked Hotel Monaco Alexandria for your first hotel review.
You can be happy to have such sweet in-laws and I’m glad that my team successfully helped executing this nice surprise. I’m looking forward to welcome you back.

Thank you!

Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2009

Our son and his wife were resently staying at The Hotel Monaco Alexandria. We wanted to send a bottle of wine & fruit and cheese to their room as a surprise gift from us. We called and Mike at the front desk took on this task and went beyond normal expectations!
We were calling from Michigan, it was evening, and our son and his wife had been delayed. After a few calls between us Mike personally delivered and set up a beautiful welcome in their room. This was at the end of his busy Wednesday at 11:00 p.m. Thanks sooo much for the extra attention, Mike. Our kids loved their stay there-- it is beautiful.

Hello KekeMichigan,

What a nice idea to surprise you son and his wife! I’m very happy that your kids loved their stay and that Mike was able to ensure your surprise went smooth. I’m very happy to have people like Mike on my team who use their empowerment and who make every effort to exceed the expectations of our guests.
I hope to get the chance to host all of you in the near future!

Baltimore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2009

From the moment I walked through the hotel doors, I was impressed. The lobby was gorgeous, the people behind the counter were truly delightful and so welcoming. My room was beautiful and even had a private balcony which I enjoyed later in the evening. The bed was so comfortable and not only was the room beautiful-it was clean. I didn't want to leave. Oh and the best amenity-it is dog friendly-simply a MUST stay! I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Monaco-Alexandria, Hotel Manager at Monaco Alexandria, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, June 8, 2009
Dear nlaska,

I’m thrilled that you did not want to leave and I’m glad that you were able to take advantage of one of our 28 Terrace rooms. I agree that it is a nice plus to have your own private balcony especially in the summer time.
Not only our Hotel but all Kimpton Hotels are extremely pet friendly. One unique feature our hotel offers in regards to pet friendliness is our Doggie Happy Hour which we host every Tuesday and Thursday in our courtyard from 5pm – 8pm.
You can’t wait to come back and we can’t wait to welcome you back!!!

Hotel Manger